Club Arnage
September 19, 2024, 07:34:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spa 24 Hours - useful stuff and w.w.w.w.  (Read 85190 times)
rcutler
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2007, 10:03:08 pm »

Brilliant, good to meet sebring buddies all the time!
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2007, 11:27:07 pm »

Seeing as we are sailing to Rotterdam, it seems our duty to have some pancakes - a 2.5 hour cruise with an 'all-you-can-eat pancake buffet' sounds perfect

The pannenkoekenboot lies in front of my flat. If you want more info let me know.  Wink

When we were there last year, the pannenkoekenboots were moored by the Euromast - is that where you board or are there other boarding points?

We'll have the kids with us this time, so they will definitely want to go up the Euromast, plus we'll probably try to get to the old harbour as well, although this will be a weekday so maybe a lot busier than when we were there last....

Also parking may not be so easy  Roll Eyes
I pass the Euromast twice a day because the office is just around the corner. I don't know if il Cav might have moved, but every time I drive by the Euromast the pannenkoekenboot is moored there, right next to the 'Gouden Wok' restaurant. Just checked the website of the pannenkoekenboot, you deffo board at the Euromast.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2007, 11:34:04 pm »

Hi all
Is anyone coming over to Spa from the Orlando area or a Bass Pro shop area... I would like a favour... which will involve about 6 kilos of baggage...

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
rcutler
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2007, 11:41:23 pm »

Hi all
Is anyone coming over to Spa from the Orlando area or a Bass Pro shop area... I would like a favour... which will involve about 6 kilos of baggage...

>Martini...

Surely you would only buy goods by the kilo in cuba and BTW you can get Vodka in Belguim.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2007, 11:52:17 pm »

This involves gossamer thin plastic...

(read above if you are in USA)

>Martini...

Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2007, 12:50:58 am »

Well, Mogie's from Boca Raton, so yes. Don't know if you've met him though (he's the guy behind the moonshine at Sebring). I'm also trying to get more people over from there but it's been awfully quiet lately.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2007, 10:26:59 am »

Well, Mogie's from Boca Raton, so yes. Don't know if you've met him though (he's the guy behind the moonshine at Sebring). I'm also trying to get more people over from there but it's been awfully quiet lately.
Glad you mentioned this Pieter - I can now get my own back with the French version my friend makes...

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2007, 12:34:24 pm »

Sounds interesting!  Grin
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2007, 12:40:13 pm »

he's the guy behind the moonshine at Sebring

So thats the guy to blame for my destroyed brain cells !

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2007, 02:38:05 pm »

Yes he is!  Grin

The look on your (and Termie's) face after having some was unforgettable.
il Cavallino

Drinking for Holland

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2007, 03:03:17 pm »

Seeing as we are sailing to Rotterdam, it seems our duty to have some pancakes - a 2.5 hour cruise with an 'all-you-can-eat pancake buffet' sounds perfect

The pannenkoekenboot lies in front of my flat. If you want more info let me know.  Wink

When we were there last year, the pannenkoekenboots were moored by the Euromast - is that where you board or are there other boarding points?

We'll have the kids with us this time, so they will definitely want to go up the Euromast, plus we'll probably try to get to the old harbour as well, although this will be a weekday so maybe a lot busier than when we were there last....

Also parking may not be so easy  Roll Eyes
I pass the Euromast twice a day because the office is just around the corner. I don't know if il Cav might have moved, but every time I drive by the Euromast the pannenkoekenboot is moored there, right next to the 'Gouden Wok' restaurant. Just checked the website of the pannenkoekenboot, you deffo board at the Euromast.

It's also possible to get on here. But that's not every day. You probably have to book it then. So probably the euromast is easier to just get on.

Drinking for Holland
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2007, 07:58:47 am »

I passed Francorchamps yesterday on my way to Trier and couldn't resist stopping by and having a look around. There was the 24 hour Fun Cup... boring stuff which pulled an astonishingly amount of people. I was interested in the circuit changes. They are horrible to say the least. They double fenced the path outside the circuit from the kart track to La Source which is now 50 meters shorter. The first fence is right at the path. No more camping at Blanchimont. Then they changed the layout of the bus stop and the entry to the pit lane. Unfortunately, I didn't have more time but I actually had enough anyway. I'm actively considering to skip the 24 Hours at Spa and instead doing Silverstone. Spa is a pure television circuit now and I have the feeling that they don't want people visiting the track. It's all very sad.

See link for picture of what's the new bus stop chicane:
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/hgb/?action=view&current=what-used-to-be-the-busstop-chicane.jpg
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 08:03:29 am by hgb » Logged

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2007, 12:24:11 pm »

Well, the double fencing has been in pain in the butt for years now, but there's one big upside: the height difference. If you know where to look, there's always a good spot for an unblocked view. I mean, it's still way better than Le Mans fencing wise. And Silverstone is even worse: it's flat!
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2007, 11:22:12 pm »

Hi
Provisional entry list. I do not think this has been posted yet, sorry if it has.

>Martini...

* Provisional entry list 03 07.pdf (54.84 KB - downloaded 403 times.)

Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2007, 01:37:07 am »

Thanks, looks promising!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: