Club Arnage
September 20, 2024, 12:19:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spa 24 Hours - useful stuff and w.w.w.w.  (Read 85200 times)
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2007, 03:07:13 pm »

... my brother is probably making the trip on his Blackbird (M/Cycle) which means he might drink your (anybody's) beer, as he is not that keen on my vodka. Unlike me he is very keen on raw spirit, Calvados, brandy, whisky, whiskey etc. so hide your bottles! Oh and the odd, or even G&T.

Nice fella though.

>Martini...
[/quote]

Martin,

Your brother sounds like a candidate for S******, bring him along next year Wink
[/quote]

Funny enough, he owns a place at Cocoa beach, although he is trying to sell it.

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2007, 01:58:50 pm »

For anyone planning to be there earlier in the week the parade of race cars into Spa town on Wednesday is not going to happen  Sad   Apparently their engine restrictions this year mean the competitors don't want to run the engines for this type of drive.  Apparently they are trying to put together a parade of drivers and for the leading cars to go into Spa on trucks so they can be seen in the square.

A great shame, this was one of the best sights around. 

LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2007, 02:02:57 pm »

That is really to bad, as I'm having that week off anyway, and was planning to at least visit the parade on Wednesday. Sad

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2007, 03:20:55 pm »

It was always part of our trip, eating lunch next to the road waiting for the cars and then sitting along the top road waiting for them to come back  Sad

Think we'll have to spend an extra day in the Spa Baths to make up for it  Grin
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2007, 05:12:45 pm »

Bow locks.  The first year we've been able to leave early enough to catch it too. Sad

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Muzorewa

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2007, 09:36:54 am »

For anyone planning to be there earlier in the week the parade of race cars into Spa town on Wednesday is not going to happen  Sad   Apparently their engine restrictions this year mean the competitors don't want to run the engines for this type of drive.  Apparently they are trying to put together a parade of drivers and for the leading cars to go into Spa on trucks so they can be seen in the square.

A great shame, this was one of the best sights around. 

That's a bummer, we were getting there Tuesday specifically for this.  May need a day on de pannenkoekenboot in compensation  Roll Eyes

Where did you get the info from, just curious  Wink
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2007, 09:48:31 am »

The info was from Jackie Groom the FIA Media delegate so it's pretty good info.  She was waiting to hear confirmed details of what will now happen.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2007, 09:52:25 am »

Just had to google de pannenkoekenboot!

Looks nice but I think we'll stick to a day at the baths and then KK's crepes back on the campsite  Grin
Muzorewa

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2007, 10:00:51 am »

Seeing as we are sailing to Rotterdam, it seems our duty to have some pancakes - a 2.5 hour cruise with an 'all-you-can-eat pancake buffet' sounds perfect
rcutler
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2007, 01:05:09 pm »

Right I now have checked, I have enough holiday to make it, going to try to rope in another couple of people to join me in the car. Probably out early friday and back on monday. Anyone intersted in car sharing?
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2007, 01:49:31 pm »

Right I now have checked, I have enough holiday to make it, going to try to rope in another couple of people to join me in the car. Probably out early friday and back on monday. Anyone intersted in car sharing?

Not sure of my travel plans yet Rick but I'll keep you informed!
il Cavallino

Drinking for Holland

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2007, 08:24:10 pm »

Seeing as we are sailing to Rotterdam, it seems our duty to have some pancakes - a 2.5 hour cruise with an 'all-you-can-eat pancake buffet' sounds perfect

The pannenkoekenboot lies in front of my flat. If you want more info let me know.  Wink

Drinking for Holland
rcutler
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2007, 08:27:08 pm »

Well the ferry is booked!

Going out V.Early on Friday morning should be with you at about 2pm. Staying on Eau Rouge. Heading off on Monday morning for the 4pm Norfolkline crossing back.

My Brother and a mate of mine are coming. Plus two tuns of camping gear again I think!

See you there.
Muzorewa

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2007, 09:18:54 pm »

The pannenkoekenboot lies in front of my flat. If you want more info let me know.  Wink

When we were there last year, the pannenkoekenboots were moored by the Euromast - is that where you board or are there other boarding points?

We'll have the kids with us this time, so they will definitely want to go up the Euromast, plus we'll probably try to get to the old harbour as well, although this will be a weekday so maybe a lot busier than when we were there last....

Also parking may not be so easy  Roll Eyes

Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2007, 09:55:57 pm »

Just heard today that Mogie a.k.a. SonofSebring will join the party as well! He'll be touring Holland and Germany for a two week's pre and after Spa piss up. Some of you may have met him last year at Le Mans or Sebring. Here's a picture!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: