Club Arnage
September 21, 2024, 05:20:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A cautionary tale......(and other bits of rodent)  (Read 3654 times)
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2007, 12:43:24 pm »

Having got fed up of trying to pace myself regarding my pre LM checks, I decided to give the camping gear a check over and clean. Glad I did. I know that storing our gear in a horsebox at the side of my workshop is probably not the ideal solution, but the ever present threat of Mrs Sconefinger burning it all in a misguided belief that it would stop me from making my annual pilgrimage to the holy land has forced my hand. Alas the bloody mice have eaten every thing! One ate so much it died.
Check your kit!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 01:44:43 pm »

Yes, it's an important point, always check your kit.

There's a very pleasant family of tiny mice who live in the Commer during the winter, they've been there for years, but they clear off to the fields in spring so don't trouble us at LM time.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 02:06:08 pm »

As we store our camping gear in Le Mans there is no pre-Le Mans checking our gear.
Last year we were advised that our local storage facility had had a problem with flooding.

We feared that some of the camping gear could be lost and fearfully went to collect our stuff the Monday before the race.
The only casualties were some cardboard boxes in which gazebo, tent and bbq were stored.

Much to our surprise the owner of the storage had skillfully replaced the cardboard with handmade wooden boxes that will probably outlive and outvalue it's contents.

Monsieur was "tres desolee" but hoped this solution would suffice.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 02:26:38 pm »

So thats who ate the commers oil seals Andy!
Hows your wiring loom?
I think that the mice (i'm hoping that the raisins that they have left behind in huge quantities belong to mice) were after the packet of Tesco Finest Pork and Apple Snorkers that I found developing its own eco system since August in the bottom of the food box. Not a pleasant morning so far!

Dick Dasterdly was right
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 02:37:22 pm »

Can I also advise that you check your toaster for the presence of rodents...

Some time ago I spotted a mouse under my toaster.  Dutifully I collected a small cardboard box from the cupboard and slid the toaster to the edge of the kitchen worktop expecting a satisfying thud to be heard as the mouse dropped into said box...

No such sound was heard.  Assuming the rodent had gone back to from whence it came I slipped two slices of bread into the machine.

A few seconds later there was a frantic scurrying as breadcrumbs were flung from the toaster.  Another few seconds and the sound had stopped, to be replaced by the distinctive smell of burning hair - well fur actually!

Needless to say I didn't eat those pieces of toast and the toaster itself was consigned to the bin.

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 02:50:41 pm »

I kind of assume that having four cats wandering about the place helps with this problem.  However, last Sunday morning when I got up, I let Lola (always the first in the food queue) into the house, whereupon a mouse duly followed her in!  It took Cooper 2 days to catch the blooomin' thing!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Neal
CA Veteran

That's put the Halibut amongst the Iguanas

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 03:03:50 pm »

Debs

two cats called Cooper & Lola, I have an idea for the fundraising, competition to name the other two, I'm going for Panoz & Spyker Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 03:06:41 pm by Neal » Logged
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 03:07:32 pm »

Vanwall and Brabham?

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 03:08:51 pm »

We also have a Chevron btw.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 03:47:47 pm »

We too have a farm cat but he's always sat on the Aga. On top of that there is a Barn owl in the shed that shits on my cars and 2 huge Buzzards nesting about 500 yards away. Add a couple of Kestrals for good measure and you'd think we should be rodent free! Lazy bloody things.
Anyway i'm now armed with the local free ads (funny, have yet to find anything free although there is a 2 grand Silver Shadow thats making me twitchy) and anything that can't be found will be gaffer taped to death. Raisins anyone?

Dick Dasterdly was right
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: