Club Arnage
September 21, 2024, 11:33:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Satellite Suitcase - The Complete Satellite Kit  (Read 4502 times)
SteveB
CA Veteran

I'm a llamanser

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2007, 07:22:08 pm »

Just received this link from Maplins

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=48737&doy=27m5#overview

Special offer of £79.99 for a portable Satellite camping sytem ... just add tv & genny

Thought it might be of interest

Steve

"If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence you ever tried." - David Brent
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 07:28:40 pm »

Now all we need is a CA Canal + subscription so we can watch the Motors TV coverage on the campsite so we all know what's really going on!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 09:55:12 pm »

Might be OK to get Canal +, but with only a 39 cm dish, Sky would be a bit dodgy.  I was in the Loire (and before any comments, the region not the river) a couple years ago with a 90cm dish, and couldn't get Motors TV.  Mind you, by the time I'd got the rest of the caravan set up in the hot sun, I didn't spend too long on adjusting the dish - kept hearing the call of a cold beer...

Del

Team Delboy Racing
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 05:34:00 pm »

I bought the same thing from...Lidle a few weeks back works a treat in the uk, all that is needed is an audio sat finder to make the job easy, available from maplins £14(could only find german tv with the enclosed compass jobby) its now plumbed in to the camper, the lidle one was 12v too and takes me 5 mins to rig up, I expect you would need a bigger dish to get sky in europe, no problem  Grin

been there done that doing it again !
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 05:43:55 pm »

Oh fellas for f***s sake, we are there to watch the race, not the telly. Come on guys!!!!!!
(or am I wrong?)

I tested negative for patience.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 06:09:41 pm »

No you are quite right Steve.  However, for those who aren't in the members grandstand, it's nice to have access to Motors TV to find out what's going on.  I was chatting to Jen (the PR lady) at the Lizards last year, and she said there is no satellite link in the pit garages, and a chance to watch Motors would have been good as even the teams have problems finding out what's happening at times!  And I guess there are other times in the week when you're just sitting about...

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 06:11:53 pm »

I agree, but some folk only go for the weekend away me thinks.....I will be there to see it in the flesh you need to hear those engines ,Vetes/Aston/lambo etc to get the real experience.......I'm hooked  Grin

Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 07:48:24 am »

Chris
With you all the way!
We took a newbie last year and I took him up to the banking on MB at the exit to the Porsche Curves for the last half hour of night practice. It took me a long time to stop him gawping in awe and it reminded me of my first trip. You never get tired of the noise and the spectacle.

Steve

I tested negative for patience.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 08:52:08 am »

Steve
We took a newbie year before last and took him onto the MB banking at the braking point for Ford. That look is priceless- he's been rallying for years and watched LM on telly but was blown away by it. He just grinned, speechless for ages. You can't beat being there.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Gordonwr
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 10:41:05 am »

It's the start for me, every year!! After being there for 4hrs roasting or wet through during the build up when they eventually come thundering past for the first time I choke up. It's such a fantastic feeling as they get under way, something I never get at any other race. So special and unique to Le Mans!!

Always go into a corner too fast, in case it turns out to be a quick one!
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 08:16:23 pm »

Chris
With you all the way!
We took a newbie last year and I took him up to the banking on MB at the exit to the Porsche Curves for the last half hour of night practice. It took me a long time to stop him gawping in awe and it reminded me of my first trip. You never get tired of the noise and the spectacle.

Steve

For sure Steve will never forget the sound of the corvettes down shifting and then away down the mulssane at 3 in the morning at Tetre rouge (that was 05 ...yes I'm still a newbie) and I've not got bored with it yet and going back for more Grin

DeanoX
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 12:21:12 am »

Normally take a dish (for the 24 hour coverage) but we're economising on luggage this year.

An old 60cm Analogue dish with Universal LNB is more than enough to get rock solid Sky digital @ Le mans.

It can be a pain tuning in - as you have to move the dish and pause for a few secs to let the Signal strength meter on the sky box catch up. Longest its taken me is about 15/20 mins to get it perfect. I now have a cheapo sat strength meter that goes in-line - lets you find the satellite sooo much quicker initially. - Then fine tune with the sky box.

http://www.eatworms.org.uk/album/album2.php?album=LeMans04-Dean&mode=page&index=26
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: