Club Arnage
September 21, 2024, 09:28:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PQ Weekend  (Read 3045 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2007, 10:34:33 am »

Just four "working" days to go.  Who's coming besides Smokie, Christopher and the Termites?  Are we going to meet for a cold one?  Is the bear a catholic?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 09:30:52 am »

I aim to be in the bar, by the circuit entrance, on Saturday evening and most likely Sunday evening.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 09:35:50 am »

You lucky, lucky people.  I shall think of you as we hurl ourselves at insane speeds up and down Welsh hills near Radnor this weekend........

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 09:52:51 am »

Not a bad alternative thing to be doing and a nice place to be.  If you get the chance, pop into the Harp at Old Radnor - positively the epitome of what a pub should be (although of course you won't be able to sample the beer.. Sad).  There used to be a pic of yours truly and dobbin on the wall - I wonder if it's still there.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 09:57:29 am »

See you there Mark, we'll be servicing for Richard Simpson and Craig Wallace in the SAAB 96. What car are you in?

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 10:23:40 am »

See you there Mark, we'll be servicing for Richard Simpson and Craig Wallace in the SAAB 96. What car are you in?

With you running a Saab 96, I think we're at separate events - we're on Round Two of the British Off Raod Championship, which is based out of Stud Farm at Bleddfa, about 10 miles from Radnor - looking at the BORC website it mentions another event in the area, and not to confuse direction arrows to get to the event - if they're worried about people getting confused just getting to the event, I do just hope that the course arrows for the two events are separate and different!  Piccy of our steed below:

MG Mark

* driffield.jpg (65.47 KB, 300x225 - viewed 196 times.)

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 10:29:17 am »

Oops- its next weekend we will in the land of leeks and velcro wellies! Nice motor- have a good run and try mot to churn things up too much!

Dick Dasterdly was right
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 10:36:56 am »

Oops- its next weekend we will in the land of leeks and velcro wellies! Nice motor- have a good run and try mot to churn things up too much!

Ta - not much chance of churning things up though - in the increasing interests of motorsport being kind to the environment, the control tyre for this year is an AT rather than an MT pattern.  Getting stuck is more likely!

MG Mark

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 10:46:50 am »

In the interests of promoting a better image for historic rallying we have had to re-fit bumper bars and remove the door squares and spot lamps from our 'period' rally cars! They beleive that joe public will now have no idea that its a rally when 50+ cars roar past their houses at 2 in the morning!
Who thinks this stuff up?

Dick Dasterdly was right
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: