Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 11:28:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 91st Indianapolis 500  (Read 2998 times)
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2007, 09:21:10 pm »

Any of our North American CA's going Sunday?  I'll be there with a couple of mates, making the two hour trudge across Interstate 74 early Sunday morning.
Free tickets, bringing our own food & booze, so we're not giving The Boob one dime.  But it is a Memorial Day tradition in our country....
Let me know if anyone has any interest in meeting up for a brew and chin wag on raceday.
Fax
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 10:55:10 pm »

Free tickets, bringing our own food & booze, so we're not giving The Boob one dime.

Well done.

The most I've watched since '95 was about the last 25 laps of Montoya's win.  Disgusting to think about how bad the idiotgrandson(TM) has crippled the race, and American OW in general.

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 12:07:58 am »

Fax or anyone else for that matter,

I have a good friend (That I have yet to meet in person ) His name is Earl Ma and he is from Honolulu, Hawaii. He has photo credits and shoots for motorsports.com and pretty much always goes to Indy. This year, the Indy trip hangs in the balance as for the last 2 years he has been fighting caner. Well after he returned from the ALMS round at Houston, he took a turn for the worse when they discovered tumours growing around his spinal column which were effecting his ability to function and move. He spent 18 days in hospital on daily radiation therapy to reduce the tumours. He has been released from hospital and is now in a wheel chair.

I have to admire the mans strength and determination, as he called me at home last saturday night and told me that he still was doing everything in his power to try to get to Indy this weekend, even though he is still confined to the chair.

I am not sure if he has made it to Indy or not, but if he has, then please keep a look out whilst at Indy for a Hawaiian looking chap wearing glasses in a wheel chair, probably with a camera hanging around his neck. He will no doubt have good credentials on him too.

If you see him, please go up to him and say hello from Chris Clark, and tell him that I am glad he managed to get to Indy.

I know the chances of seeing him in a 350,000 crowd is slim, but you never know, it is a small world afterall.

Thanks
Regards
Chris
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 12:09:37 am by Chris24 » Logged
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 11:26:45 pm »

He did make it to Indy.

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 01:38:54 am »

Chris,
Will say hi if I see him, but as you said, would be like finding a needle in a 500,000 haystack.
Going to be a warm one, mostly sunny with temps in the mid-eighties.  Will have stay well hydrated Grin
Fax
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 01:54:23 am »

Chris,
Will say hi if I see him, but as you said, would be like finding a needle in a 500,000 haystack.
Going to be a warm one, mostly sunny with temps in the mid-eighties.  Will have stay well hydrated Grin
Fax

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, suny wetaher yada yada yada, going to Indi, yada yada yada......  Grin

What we really want to know is how is the new job going and are you coming to Le Mans???  Cheesy
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 02:02:42 am »

Not this year, but next year? Hell yeah!
Sebring is back on the cards as well.  It's good to be employed.
Fax
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 02:44:35 am »

He did make it to Indy.
Is that a question or an answer ? As I haven't spoke to him since last weekend so i don't know if he got there or not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: