Club Arnage
September 28, 2024, 02:13:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHERE AM I???  (Read 17466 times)
championaudi
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2007, 09:16:03 pm »

Hi,
Having managed to get pit grandstand tickets i wanted,im now left with the quest to find who i am above???
The CA guide now has the pit allocation no.s ,but is there any way i can find ,where i will be in relation of which team i will be? which way do the entrances,row,seats start from etc? Huh Huh
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 09:26:03 pm »

I don't know but I can probably check in a couple of weeks. Whatever, once the first couple of hours have gone by, you'll have more space and will find you can move about the grandstand anyway.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
championaudi
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 09:32:53 pm »

if you can that would be good,
choose pits stand because its better for the behind scenes pics,& also not far to find shelter aft a poo bar visit!!!!
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 09:49:18 pm »

choose pits stand because its better for the behind scenes pics,& also not far to find shelter aft a poo bar visit!!!!

Hmmmmm......Not so sure about that Dave - you can get a bird's-eye view by craning over the front balcony (no smoking there don't forget!!), but sitting in the seats you can't even see the pits.  Also the steps by the seats are very steep - almost broke my neck there last year after the 'poo bar. And there is very little to see out back - the entrance to the pit stands is via those big overhead walkways over the paddock - not through the paddock.

For future reference, any other grandstand seat will give you access to the pit stands after 6.00 pm (probably after 5.00pm this year - 2 hours after the start of the race).

Del

Team Delboy Racing
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 09:56:49 pm »

It does have the advantage though, if you are high up, of giving you some good shots of the cars on the straight as they tend to run across the opposite side of the circuit.  From the ACO stand it's pretty tough to photograph over the catch fencing unless they're overtaking.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 10:01:55 pm »

My oh my, what a fine piece of photography!!!

F
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 10:03:22 pm »

Thought that might appeal.. Wink

Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 10:05:48 pm »

Hi,

Have to say I agree with your thoughts Del.    It's not like the good old days of the Balcons?   I think it's actually impossible to see  car being worked on in their Pit from the Pit grandstand. 

Though I've no doubt that the Start and Finish  can look good from there as you don't have all the debris fencing in the way.
But of course your faceing in to the sun.

some you just can't win.

T.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
championaudi
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 11:52:45 pm »

i have use the grandstand before, a few years ago,but the attraction this year is,
last year got no satisfactory pics from outer stands,fences and posts in way,also
wanted more transporter & paddock area pics,spare bodies etc,closer to poo bar & ROSTRUM and as my sevices have been recently despose of at my place of work ITS CHEAPER!! Grin

* CNV00101.JPG (94.89 KB, 533x400 - viewed 350 times.)
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 12:45:40 am »

Darn it Termie, Fran is bang on, what a great picture, very very nice. Maybe next year I WILL have a tribune seat after all.

very nice

Smiley

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 09:47:02 am »

You can get into the pit grandstand during Wednesday and Thursday qualifying to see if you like the view, before ordering your ticket for next year.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 10:32:29 am »

You can get into the pit grandstand during Wednesday and Thursday qualifying to see if you like the view, before ordering your ticket for next year.

Weather permitting (it always seems to pee down on Wednesday practice), I always try to take the bulk of my pics during practice as it's much easier with fewer people about.  It also makes the race more relaxed as I'm not carting so much stuff about.  And as Christopher says, you can move around all the grandstands.

championaudi
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 07:21:19 pm »

years gone by,when we went as a large group,we use to swap n change during the week our tickets,but as numbers reduced(marriage,marriage,marriage & children) and the advent of health n safety (tall fences!),the options decreased,hence plumping for the pits this year (just got engaged, Huh Huh!)

* PICT2358.JPG (427.33 KB, 1492x1131 - viewed 391 times.)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 09:43:08 pm »

years gone by,when we went as a large group,we use to swap n change during the week our tickets,but as numbers reduced(marriage,marriage,marriage & children) and the advent of health n safety (tall fences!),the options decreased,hence plumping for the pits this year (just got engaged, Huh Huh!)
I hope she doesn't realise about the  Huh!  You could do one of those pre-nuptial agreements where a week off in June was one of the conditions. 

championaudi
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 11:33:28 pm »

Wink so far we have an understanding................
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: