Club Arnage
July 08, 2024, 02:01:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arnage and/or Mulsanne Corner - Walking distance?  (Read 7995 times)
RoverMan

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2007, 04:49:06 pm »

Is it possible to walk to Arnage or even Mulsanne from the main area?

Going for the second time this year (2004 was my first trip) and I didn't venture out of the main area.

Of course, the weather is going to be pleasant (as in DRY!) for a night-time walk.... ISN'T IT!!!!
rcutler
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 04:58:24 pm »

You can walk to Arnage corner if you are mad and have a spare 3-4 hours (return trip). If you are insane I guess you could walk to Mulsanne afterwards. Really I would suggest getting a lift on the bus or taking bikes, delgating someone in the morning to drive there. It was a long way last year even by to Mulsanne Corner.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 05:14:58 pm »

I'd agree with that Rick.   
Personaly I think the trip out to Arnage is well worth doing.  esp on Sunday morning.    Worth staying sober for.
I'm not so sure about Mulsanne.    I takes ages to get to and theres not much to see since they moved the Signaling pits away.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 05:25:58 pm »

I also agree.

It is well worth a trip, especialy to Arnage.  Although not as good as it used to be after they moved a lot of France to make a bigger run-off at Indianapolis, it is still one of my favorite places.  I usually go after midnight when the traffic is not quite as bad, or during one of the night practices.

Wouldn't consider walking though

Del

Team Delboy Racing
RoverMan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 07:06:02 pm »

Thanks guys, might invest in a coach trip in the night.
Are there any bikes for hire at the circuit? Don't think I'll have space for mine.
rcutler
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 07:08:41 pm »

I have never seen bikes for hire anywhere around. You may be able to buy a cheap one at Carrefor though. probably cheaper then hiring anyway.

I think that although £15 sounds expensive for a coach trip, you will not forget the experience. Make sure you book on in the night. It is quite something to see the sun coming up from either Mulsanne Corner or Arnage.
dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 07:24:12 pm »

There is a free circular bus (or at least there was in 2004 & 2005 - I missed last year). It goes from outside the main track entrance. Queues to get the bus away from Mulsanne can get quite long - just watch a bit longer. Also cant remember if the bus has a "sleep time" overnight. I see Just Tickets does a £25 package which has got to be one of the biggest "money for old rope" tricks ever!

On the assumption you have an alcohol-free driver it is an easy drive - just follow the one-way & gendarme routing!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 07:26:24 pm by dukla2000 » Logged
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 08:22:36 pm »

Tere is always the option of a Taxi.  I think some people have done that before now.  Though I guess you need a good French speaker to do it without a lot of stress.

t

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 08:56:51 pm »

Yes, the bus goes to sleep at night.  I'd do Mulsanne and Arnage on the practice evenings if you can - less hassle, less traffic - very easy in the car then.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 09:02:56 pm »

Yes, the bus goes to sleep at night.  I'd do Mulsanne and Arnage on the practice evenings if you can - less hassle, less traffic - very easy in the car then.

Yes it's more relaxed then but he is somthing about arnage on Sunday morning.

t.

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2007, 09:06:06 pm »

Yes it's more relaxed then but he is somthing about arnage on Sunday morning.

t.
True.  I remember kipping in a bivvie down there during the classic and being woken by 5 GT40's. Tongue

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
RoverMan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 09:00:20 am »

Looks like the coach trip is favourite, not sure I want to buy a bike just for that! (and need room in the car on the way back for 'supplies'!)

I'm going with MRI, I think they offer a coach trip.

If it all goes pear-shaped, I'll walk and suffer the blisters!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 10:36:20 am »

Although the MRI coach trip is more expensive than the "navettes" (shuttles) which the ACO run, it is more reliable.  I was at the circuit a couple of years' ago and there was a woman queuing for the bus out to Mulsanne.  The driver had been working for 12 hours and his relief hadn't turned up so he had to stop. She was distraught because her o/h and kids were out at the corner and she had no way of getting back to them until 6 the next morning when the busses started again. I've done the MRI one and I think it's worth the few quids to know you'll get back again.

RoverMan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 04:10:40 pm »

Splendid! I'll try and get myself on one, I fancy the early hours (01:00 - 02:00) while still able to walk straight (and find the right bus back!).
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 04:39:38 pm »

Went from the main entrance to Arnage last year during Thursday practice. A shuttle bus was not available, I was told this is only running on Saturday/Sunday (Does someone know the schedule?). Started walking, ended up hitch-hiking after a while, worked great, a french delivery van gave us a ride. Even scored a ride back with a nice british bloke in a 1950 (?) open top Bentley when hitch-hiking from Arnage back to the main entrance.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 04:41:25 pm by Werner » Logged

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: