Club Arnage
October 03, 2024, 10:43:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Surely I wasn't that drunk  (Read 5798 times)
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2007, 11:39:31 am »

Yes I arrived on the Saturday morning in 2003 and it was pi++ing it down. We had stayed just south of Rouen and it had rained all the way down that morning. By the time the race started, we were in glorious sunshine!  Cool
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2007, 12:14:49 pm »

Looking at my photo records of 03 (http://www.teamsquack.com/2003.htm), there is evidence of umbrellas in the early part, we got the coach, bloody awful never again, and as no one was driving everyone was pissed all the time, well from Dover really, so memories are fogged.

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2007, 11:52:15 pm »

I watched Road to Le Mans on Motors TV tonight, the featured race was 2003. Mark Blundell mentioned the rain on Friday night and that he was happy that it had cleared up because he had never driven the Bentley in wet conditions.
 The thing is, I don't recall any rain on Friday night, or any rain at all for that matter.
Anyone remember rain?
 Or, did I get so drunk I that I didn't know it did?

Bob - I just watched the Motors TV film. Blundell doesn't mention any rain on Friday night. He's interviewed just after the drivers' photo has been taken, and it's starting to rain. That was on the Saturday round about lunch time and you can see that it's raining slightly in the film.

The befuddled brain cells do remember a little r**n around lunchtime on Saturday, I was in the front row of the stands opposite the Bentley garage, had to put on a waterproof as the r**n was blowing in a bit.
It wasn't proper LM r**n though, not like Wednesday night last year.

Sorry for the stars, I do not post the 'r' word in the three weeks before LM, it's just a superstition on my part.

Keep those vibes sunny. Grin
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 11:54:12 pm by Barry » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: