Club Arnage
October 07, 2024, 04:14:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Power of newspapers.  (Read 2887 times)
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 19, 2007, 01:53:30 pm »

There I was driving down the A33 a few days ago.  The traffic was starting to thin out and I was winding up to curise speed when skidding out from under the car in front came a newspaper.   Well actualy it was a bundle of them.  With a car alongside and a car a bit close behind there was not really much I could do.    The result of hitting the newspaper.  is below.

Sorry is not better but I didn't have much tiime before they took the car away.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 01:56:34 pm »

I aways knew the Daily Mail was dangerous  Grin

Glad you were OK though Tom
rcutler
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 02:01:05 pm »

There I was driving down the A33 a few days ago.  The traffic was starting to thin out and I was winding up to curise speed when skidding out from under the car in front came a newspaper.   Well actualy it was a bundle of them.  With a car alongside and a car a bit close behind there was not really much I could do.    The result of hitting the newspaper.  is below.

Sorry is not better but I didn't have much tiime before they took the car away.

t.

That is a big dent for a bundle of papers. My boss was annoyed when I kerbed the front left alloy on thursday (My Company Car this time). When I took him to where it happened he agreed that it was either the alloy's or (the bumper, front wing, mirror, front and rear doors, rear wing, other bumper!) as when we got there the same Van came round the same corner again! He stumpted up £200 for repairs this time! So the boss and I went for a pub lunch and agreed the car didn't need new wheels! Result!
MIKE C (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran

How f---ing fast was That!!! Time for a Low Flyer!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 02:02:55 pm »

Looking at page 3 at 60mph though your windscreen can have that effect.  Grin

Glad to see your OK Tom.

See you in a couple of weeks

Mike

Roll on June and the lush grass of BN!!!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 02:14:11 pm »

Those pesky newspapers!!!  Angry  They'll jump in your boot and atack your spare wheel with no consideration that you might need it at some stage!

Be grateful you weren't on your way to Le Mans at the time!  Smiley
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 02:46:21 pm »

That is a big dent for a bundle of papers. My boss was annoyed when I kerbed the front left alloy on thursday (My Company Car this time). When I took him to where it happened he agreed that it was either the alloy's or (the bumper, front wing, mirror, front and rear doors, rear wing, other bumper!) as when we got there the same Van came round the same corner again! He stumpted up £200 for repairs this time! So the boss and I went for a pub lunch and agreed the car didn't need new wheels! Result!

It dekcuf the suspension as well.    Later in the day the my Boss called me for a routine ish  chat.  the conversation went something like.

"Hi Tom, how are you?"
"Not bad given I nearlly totaled your car this morning."
"Are you alright?"
"Yes really I'm fine"
" Have they sorted you out another car?"

He's a top man my boss.

t.

dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 02:48:33 pm »

There I was driving down the A33 ... winding up to curise speed ...
There's your problem right there. Reading Transport will be devastated to hear traffic was moving on the A33. I will try get them out ASAP to adjust the chicanes, traffic lights and bus lanes to ensure traffic is gridlocked at all times. Or else to install some delightful new obstacle.  police
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 01:13:14 pm »

There I was driving down the A33 ... winding up to curise speed ...
There's your problem right there. Reading Transport will be devastated to hear traffic was moving on the A33. I will try get them out ASAP to adjust the chicanes, traffic lights and bus lanes to ensure traffic is gridlocked at all times. Or else to install some delightful new obstacle.  police

Don't get me started on that one.   Obviously I avoid J11 like the Plague.  The thing that gets me it you hear the rush hour traffic reports "The traffic lights are out at  <Insert place including J11>  at the moment traffic seems to be moving better than normal  though".

Here's a clue Reading transport.  Traffic moves better if left to it's own devices.

t.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: