Club Arnage
September 24, 2024, 01:18:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canadian first timer in need of help  (Read 10643 times)
Froger

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2007, 04:25:30 pm »

Hi all,

I had planned to attend Le mans for the first time but my travel partner bailed on me one month before the race!!!!!  Angry  I'm not sure what to do, all camp sites seem to be full, is there anyone that can point me in the right direction? I'd hate to have to cancel, this trip has been a dream of mine for a long time.
Thanks
Craig
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 04:33:45 pm »

Normally there are Beausejour campsite tickets available on race weekend, don't worry.  Failing that, there's at least one single camping ticket available on Sell/Swap.  This one, as far as I know, is still available
http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=7024.0
and there'll be more as people inevitably drop out.
Whatever you do, turn up, don't drop out or you'll regret it for a long time - especially when you start reading about what a great time we all had.
If all else fails, there'll probably be a square foot or two available somewhere around our mob!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 09:53:56 pm »

What was your travelling partner planning to do?  Had he/she got a camping ticket already? 

Beausejour on the gate is a debatable point this year - the ACO seem to be running short on BSJ for the first time since it opened.  It would be worth emailing them to see if they can still sell you a pass (www.lemans.org). 

Othewise keep an eye out on the sale and swap forum, most of us have sorted our pitches for this year so there isn't much space available. 

If you don't make it this year, stick around for next year and see what you can work out.
Froger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 04:19:11 pm »

We had planned on staying at a hotel, he's not much for camping. That's a little too rich for me solo. Thanks termietermite I appreciate you're offer, I may take you up on that. What are Club motorsport and Speed thrills like and what is Beer mountain all about, any on have experiance with them?
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 04:31:24 pm »

Froger. When are you planning to arrive? You are welcome to join in with us, one more won't make any difference.  One of our regulars is originally from Saskatchewan so maybe you would be able to translate for us when he is pissed. Only problem is we don't get there until early Friday morning and all vehicles are full. If you can get yourself to Le Mans staying with us is no problem.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 04:45:45 pm »

We'll be pitching our tents on either Monday or Tuesday but won't be using them until Friday night.  I suggest, therefore that you kip in one of ours if you get there earlier than Bob, then move over to his pitch when he gets there and we move into ours.  Do you need a tent? I have a good 2-man still un-booked!
We can sort out the logistics later but it's easy enough to get the train to LM from the airport in Paris (if that's the way you're coming) and pick up the shuttle bus from the station.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Froger

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 07:03:36 pm »

Wow guys, that's awsome! Well no more thoughts of cancelling for me Smiley I'm arriving around noon on Thursday and I have a tent that I can bring. Where abouts are you?

Craig
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 07:16:38 pm »

We are nothing around here if not awesome! Grin
The "where we are" is the slight rub as Bob and I are on different sites, but it'll give you a good feel of the place and isn't an impossible walk.  And as you won't need to pitch a tent on our spot it's do-able.  Better than not coming.  We're on Maison Blanche in Zone B.  This means that we're near the Drinking for Holland lot who are impossible to miss.  If I'm not around I'll make sure somebody directs you to the correct tent.  As I say, we can sort the final details out once we know when you're arriving.  I'll be in the members' grandstand with my mob for the first session on Thursday and off to Mulsanne for a pic-nic for the second but I'm sure we can sort you out.

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 09:35:03 pm »

We'll be around on Thursday and we've got a couple of Canadian first timers with us as well.  They are borrowing a tent from Mrs T so we'll have found out where they are.

We'll have a FlyingPigRacing Flag (thanks Paddy  Grin) and a Club Arnage flag alongside a black saab with a black roofbox if you can't find DfH (or they are too scarey!) we'll be somewhere close by.
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 12:04:39 am »

termie & piglet,

Jeeze guys, I knew I joined the right group. It's not just us newby's who join up, it's one for and all for one.

This is great.

Jerry

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Froger

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 12:55:42 am »

Hi Bob and Termietermite,

Not sure how I'll find you both but I guess we can work that out, thanks again!!

Craig
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 01:43:44 am »

What's this Canadian invasion all about, we have two on us as well! Shocked

Something to do with good ol' Villeneuve, right? Grin

Anyway, like Termie says, please do come over and join the party. We've got two going, like many others have. Our Friday party should be a banger though Cool

See you there, just walk onto Maison Blanche to the right. On the left hand side, straight after the trees stop (about 500 yrds), there will be a large stage with a "Keep Drinking" banner on it. Plenty of Dutch flags and most probably a Canadian one as well. That's us. Termie won't be far away then. Cold beer will await if you drop in at ours for a sec.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 02:21:51 am by Paddy_NL » Logged

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 10:11:26 am »

Not sure how I'll find you both but I guess we can work that out, thanks again!!

Craig
I have this evil habit of watching the race!!  Also, I live nearby so pop home from time to time.  The best thing is to find Piglet and Keith (directions above) and I will leave directions to the tent and come and say hi when I can.  Drop in on DFH - you'll be well looked after (and drunk!)

Froger

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 02:49:07 pm »

Hey,, Yah could be the Villeneuve thing. For me it's just being tired of watching it on TV. Is it June yet?!?!
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 04:09:39 pm »

Craig

No problem Craig. I will be wandering about on Maison Blanche sometime on Friday afternoon. I'm sure I will find you.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: