Club Arnage
September 23, 2024, 05:29:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wet race  (Read 12558 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 03:12:02 pm »

The o/h and I were chatting to a local mate of ours and said something like "Henri's great and all that but a pity he looks so miserable all the time."  It was then that he pointed this out.  As you say, oops!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 03:17:03 pm »

I had a brief chat with him at the classic and had him laughing actually. On looking at the thin monocoque with the pedal box ahead of anything structural of the Altera he was about to drive I remarked that only a lunatic would drive that thing at 180 down the Mulsanne before offering to take his place, he said maybe another time, and maybe I should lose some 'balast'!! Cheeky sod!

Pic was taken in Pits after Donnington 1000KM and my friend had taken 2 pictures of his own eye before holding camera the right way round!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Trackside

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2007, 11:48:46 pm »

Personally I'm hoping for some decent rain this year……not sure why really……just thought it would make a change.

Wasn't last year's Wednesday quallie wet enough for you then? Or '05 for that matter, when I seem to remember giving you a lift to the Carrefour 'cos your Elise was a tad, er, damp inside... Wink

My first LM was '95...that was damn wet, and a cracking race too. Not sure what our female companions would think to a rainy weekend in France though... Roll Eyes
starbar
CA Veteran

I ate all the pies with JJ

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2007, 12:51:58 am »

I agree trackside I also enjoyed '95'

Mainly cos I had a bet that one of those pesky McLarens would win - bit of procession, but power is not everything (god I feel the flack coming).. Grin
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2007, 08:38:17 am »

Personally I'm hoping for some decent rain this year……not sure why really……just thought it would make a change.

Wasn't last year's Wednesday quallie wet enough for you then? Or '05 for that matter, when I seem to remember giving you a lift to the Carrefour 'cos your Elise was a tad, er, damp inside... Wink

My first LM was '95...that was damn wet, and a cracking race too. Not sure what our female companions would think to a rainy weekend in France though... Roll Eyes

Only the boot was wet.......and I didn't want soggy bread.

I find its easier to stay dry if I avoid the challenge of trying to get in and out of my tent.....aka the coffin.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
skid solo

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2007, 11:02:50 am »

'95, remember it well! Lovely sunny Friday, then the heavens opened. All good fun until we realized that there is a slight slope to Houx Annex and we had put our tent at the lowest part  Roll Eyes

Classic comment from a fellow camper "someones going to get washed away in a minute", oh how we laughed until we realized it was our tent!!!!!

All was saved as some helping hands fished the tent out from the ever increasing lake and put it on higher ground!

*edit to add, it was '98 not '95 that we got flooded out*
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 04:40:45 pm by skid solo » Logged

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti.
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 09:23:38 pm »

Any idea what the odds are on a wet race? who going to open the book?

been there done that doing it again !
rcutler
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 09:48:34 pm »

'95, remember it well! Lovely sunny Friday, then the heavens opened. All good fun until we realized that there is a slight slope to Houx Annex and we had put our tent at the lowest part  Roll Eyes

Classic comment from a fellow camper "someones going to get washed away in a minute", oh how we laughed until we realized it was our tent!!!!!

All was saved as some helping hands fished the tent out from the ever increasing lake and put it on higher ground!

I was one of those in the water helping out, I was helping carry out a BMW touring bike that was nearly submurged in water. Then started on the tents. The guys whose bike it was found his leathers almost ruined in the tent, But could not thank us enough for getting his bike out.
I was pitched at the top of the hill!
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2007, 10:56:55 pm »

Hi,

I was there in both 95 & 98 camped in MB in my Autotrail.  I seemed to have a high patch as I was on an island. I had my wind out awning at full stretch and a custom tent tacked onto that - all above water.

What really p*ssed people off is that I was downing some nice plonk and burning stuff on the barbie and sitting in the dry. The really anoyed ones were the ones that tried to gatecrash a party I held the on the Thursday night, if they were OK to me and mine they could have taken shelter.

'He who laughs last............'  comes to mind.

Jerry
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 11:29:06 pm by jjkt15 » Logged

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
skid solo

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2007, 12:43:30 am »

I was one of those in the water helping out, I was helping carry out a BMW touring bike that was nearly submurged in water. Then started on the tents. The guys whose bike it was found his leathers almost ruined in the tent, But could not thank us enough for getting his bike out.
I was pitched at the top of the hill!

I was with my brother in my Kermit green 205GTi. After the tent got moved to the other side of the drainage ditch I thought it best to move my car as the water was getting close to the sills!!!!

I have a good video of the 'river'. Shame its on VHS else I would post it up.

Thanks for the help by the way  Smiley Smiley

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti.
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2007, 02:06:49 am »

Rick,

Was the F1 that boring?

I agree that wet weather brings people together because it forces them to or they get very wet.

When the Bentley's won, WOW.

Jerry

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2007, 12:08:45 pm »

After surviving Sebring this year I think CA members have proved they are pretty resourceful and ready for anything!
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2007, 12:33:16 pm »

Yup, one hand hanging on to a gazebow to stop it blowing away and still managing to hold a beer in the other hand. Very resourceful Grin

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: