Club Arnage
September 23, 2024, 05:24:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wet race  (Read 12554 times)
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2007, 03:17:07 pm »

Seeing as it has been hissing down all day so far I was wondering how much of a damperner the rain has on the race weekend? appart from a raincoat/bin-liner any pther sugestions anybody ? Sad

been there done that doing it again !
rcutler
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 03:20:17 pm »

Some of the wet years were the best ones. It adds a bit more fun to the racing and people seem to get together more. This year at Sebring the rain certainly made it what it was.

Speed Tribe's DVD was shot in 2001 and is a great review of the year. I think we are probably due a wet one, especially as it was the first time I remember it raining on the CA Planning meeting.
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 03:27:49 pm »

Hi Rick, must be raining with you too seeing as you answered so soon lol, anyway as for a wet race I expect the ACO lounge gets a bit packed eh? has the race ever been stopped because of weather conditions? I think I will load up by beach shelter if the weather looks a bit sh-te, and maybe pick up a bottle of calvados on the way down lol Grin

alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 03:32:11 pm »

just looked at the L/M web cam ......raining there too Sad

rcutler
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 03:32:53 pm »

It is raining here, the reason for the quick reply is that I was watching the F1 GP
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 03:41:09 pm »

Grin Grin Grin Grin check out motors tv this eve 6pm 1998 L/M , if you can pry the remote from the wife !

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 04:13:21 pm »

The wet races are interesting but the attrition rate's a bit high.  Can make Sunday a bit processional if the field thins too much.
  If you don't have a grandstand seat, Decathlon here sell neat little fishing shelters which are great for keeping you dry in a track-side spot.  Lightweight Gore-tex is the best sort of protection though because it can still be very warm even when it rains p*ss*stently.  It's 20 degrees here at the moment in spite of the rain and very high winds - even warmer next month.  Bin liners can be very unpleasant after a bit!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 08:19:46 pm »

fishing shelters.......does it rain that much then ! I do have all the gear but I would rather not have to pack all the thermals, wellies etc ! the start to may has not been very good lets hope all this sh-te weather will end soon and we can look forward to a red hot june (just over a month to go now)cant wait!

rcutler
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 08:35:53 pm »

... (just over a month to go now)cant wait!

Just less then a month for some of us!  Grin
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 09:25:16 pm »

yeah I'm not going till the thursday  Cry

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2007, 10:03:23 am »

fishing shelters.......does it rain that much then ! I do have all the gear but I would rather not have to pack all the thermals, wellies etc ! the start to may has not been very good lets hope all this sh-te weather will end soon and we can look forward to a red hot june (just over a month to go now)cant wait!

It can be incredibly wet but it's been a few years now.  Although Wednesday practice has been pretty grim for a couple of years, for instance.   Remember the Pilbeam having the fastest time for a while because they managed to get out in the dry before the heavens opened? Thermals are ott and it's sandy soil so is rarely horribly muddy.  Decent walking boots are probably sufficient. The weather's grotty - but warm - at the moment but I see the sun's back on the forecast by Friday. Smiley

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007, 10:53:29 am »

Personally I'm hoping for some decent rain this year……not sure why really……just thought it would make a change.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 03:02:17 pm »

Personally I'm hoping for some decent rain this year……not sure why really……just thought it would make a change.

Don't say that, our tent has a firework induced hole in it from '04, gaffer tape only works for so long!!

If it does rain we will be carrying our EZ-up from bleu to the banking at MB, its a 20 footer so all welcome!!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 03:06:43 pm »

Our tent's remained leak free through two Spas (the race - I haven't taken it to a health resort!) so it's got to start letting in the water soon!

Love your avatar, s/f.  However, as an aside, did you know that the great Henri P actually has real physical problems smiling because of his facial injuries?

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 03:09:36 pm »

oops! Embarrassed

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: