Club Arnage
September 21, 2024, 01:01:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camping  (Read 11819 times)
Mezza

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2007, 10:18:26 am »

Hi there Smiley

I'm a newbie in going to LeMans and seem to have been made a little mistake in my travel plans. Since I'm not travelling with a car but just with my backpack I didn't bother to get myself a camping place since it also included a place for car...now reading the forum...maybe it wasn't the most brilliant idea. I'm just coming with my tent, is there any way I can squeeze myself in?

Any information would be grateful Smiley

Cheers!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 10:47:34 am »

There's a single camping space available for sale here
http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=7024.0
It includes two GE tickets but they are always off-loadable at the gate.  The spaces are just spaces, you don't need to put a car in them!  You may find somebody has a few square feet on a large pitch (sadly, not me as I have 8 people in 2 spaces already) though.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 09:50:03 pm »

I think that's a difficult question this year....

In past years the answer would have been "you don't need a pass if you don't have a car - you can just walk on and pitch".   Given the zoning of MB and Bleu that may no longer be true - the problem being we won't know until we get there. 

I'd imagine you should be able able to walk on to BJS without a pass as there is no zoning on that currently. 

I think you've got to choose whether to take a flyer and it might be fine on MB and Bleu when we get there or stump up for a ticket for peace of mind. 

We're full already!
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 10:07:04 pm »

Hi,

You don't say how many nights you plan to stay.   If it's just the Friday/Saturday everywhere will be packed.  If it's Thursday  you may need to hike about a bit before you find a place.     I think I'd try Karting Nord Technopark and Houx annex in that order.   Some friends of mine stayed in Techno last year and could find spaces on the Friday but not a space large enough for their needs.  But some negotiating soon fixed things.

But please don't camp in someones parking space.  I've had people do that to me before now.  Angry

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 10:21:04 pm »

But please don't camp in someones parking space.  I've had people do that to me before now.  Angry

t.

I nearly reversed over the last ones that did that to us on the Friday night  Grin    The ignorant sh*ts didn't even have the decency to speak to us the next morning when they packed up and pi**ed off! 
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 07:26:45 am »

Hi there,
if you arrive without any ticket at all it is a good idea to go the the track-side booking office, the "Rotunde", a round-shaped building near "the parc d'exposition", just 5 Min walk from the main entrance. Last year they still had the "Beausejour" campsite for sale, but also sometimes other campsites which were officially sold out because some people use this booking office to offload excess campsite tickets there, they have some "we sell them for you"-service.

Have fun at Le Mans and don't forget to download and print our free Le Mans guide before going there, it will be available from 6th June at www.clubarnage.com/caguide

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 03:08:02 pm »

t.

I nearly reversed over the last ones that did that to us on the Friday night  Grin    The ignorant sh*ts didn't even have the decency to speak to us the next morning when they packed up and pi**ed off! 

That happened to us in 2005, but they blocked the van in too! I had drawn the short straw to stay sober all bloody day so we could drive down to Indianapolis in the early hours. They turned back up the next day and looked like we asked for a kidney when we asked them to move the tent so we could get to the supermarket. I had to restain my mate from having a sh*t in their BBQ! Shocked

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Mezza

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 05:02:47 pm »

Hahaha  Grin I'm trying to make sure I'm not setting myself in in sombody's car space Cheesy don't wanna be squashed...I'd rather go for friendly people with a little space extra space Smiley
As to how long we're planning to stay...well trying to find a space on wednesday and would be leaving on sunday...
It looks now that i do have to go for walk in and find your own little space option Smiley
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 12:37:30 am »

Hi clematolia,

As you can see, I'm also a newby on this forum, however this is my 15th LM.

If you are guarenteed to arrive on the Wednesday, I'll reserve you a pitch within our lot. Thurs & Fri are generally manic. We have between 7-10 tents and a 'clubhouse' tent so we grab as much as possible then allow others in we like! The cars are also parked within the pitch next to internal road so those can be moved to give extra space if needed.

The site is Expo and we're 5mins walk from main entrance. And yes we have grass and in sone shade.

As this will be both a first for us as CA members, we should go to the 'Poo Bar' on the saturday night to meet the other CA madhouse personnel.

We'll PM each other nearer the time as I'll probably loose the info.

Jerry
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 12:53:01 am by jjkt15 » Logged

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 09:32:16 am »

Hi clematolia,

As you can see, I'm also a newby on this forum, however this is my 15th LM.

The site is Expo and we're 5mins walk from main entrance. And yes we have grass and in sone shade.

Jerry

I want to say something funny,

but there are to may options -  Grin

Where do you start ?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 09:34:34 am by nopanic » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 10:17:07 am »

I'd rather go for friendly people with a little space extra space Smiley

Most people are friendly - the approach is to talk to folks and ask if you can use space you see, rather than just pitching in it. 

If our Friday night campers had wandered over on Saturday morning and said "really sorry, we just couldn't find anywhere to get our tent and now we're off" we'd have been a lot happier about it all. 

Everyone needs space, but I've paid for the space that I've got (we have enough passes to only use 7mx5m per pass) and I'm going to get narky if you've just camped in the middle of my pitch.

A bit like getting home and finding someone camped in your back garden!   
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 10:21:11 am »

Glad to see our newbies get the spirit of the forum and have hooked up together.  Yes, please get your backsides over to the 'poo bar on Saturday (that's one month from er.. tomorrow!! Grin)

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 11:59:12 am »

I'd rather go for friendly people with a little space extra space Smiley

A bit like getting home and finding someone camped in your back garden!   

Damn, I'll have to find somehwere else to stay when I visit Bristol!  Grin
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2007, 12:38:00 pm »

As this will be both a first for us as CA members, we should go to the 'Poo Bar' on the saturday night to meet the other CA madhouse personnel.

Jerry
And you should drop by on the fridaynightparty at Maison Blanche ofcourse. Wink Don't forget to pick up your wristbands!!

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2007, 03:45:33 pm »

Lang tall,

I'll be looking out for you at DfH area.

Jerry

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: