Club Arnage
July 03, 2024, 12:58:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Most Bizarre sight at LM  (Read 5261 times)
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2007, 02:25:45 pm »

I'm sure many of the antics that we get up to at LM are seen by some as a bit out of the ordinary, but what’s the most bizarre thing you have seen at LM.

For me it was as we walked out of Karting Nord on the Friday night in 2005. I heard what I thought were Christmas carols in the distance, as I looked into a wooded area backing onto the track I could see Christmas lights and decorations hung from the trees, then I spotted the Christmas tree twinkling in all its glory. Their was an extended table complete with candelabra, and a full Christmas dinner, the residence of the area were all dressed in dinner suites and the women in long dresses (I think they were women - could of been a few blokes in disguise) and then there was Santa, in full gear, ably assisted by the perverted pixy (complete with Strap on D*ldo).
I have video evidence of this just in case I think I dreamt it, but its still there every time I think I need to check my sanity!
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 09:41:13 am »

I remember back in '99 it was that i saw a non audi win the race!! Bizarre  Roll Eyes

Steve TTTD
CA Veteran

No they didn't build 'em like that.....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 12:56:20 pm »

That must have been Beer Induced false memory Dave.... Grin Grin

TeamTickleTheDragon
You Buy It, We'll Race It
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 01:54:30 pm »

That must have been Beer Induced false memory Dave.... Grin Grin

Definately - Bentley winning was NOT a "non audi" win in the broadest sense"

My Weirdest experience?  There's a few...seeing One of the Zarse boys (I was drunk OK so I'm not sure which one!) running down the road with a trainer held above his head.  It wasn't until I got to the Pikey that we'd caught knicking from the campsite, had given a little bit of roughing up and then handed over to security that I realised that he'd sat him down and removed his trainer (which probably wasn't his!) and had run off with it.  He then insisted that I took a photo of said trainer....

I'm still waiting for the strange experience of seeing a sober person at Le-Mans though......would be especially weird if that person turned out to be my father.... but thats not very likely Smiley

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 02:00:30 pm »

Not sure whether this really counts but dredged from my memory banks I recall a tall, well built Englishman - not one normally separated from his creature comforts for long (I know this as he was one of the members of our party...) - sweating profusely under the already strong morning sun of race-day morning.  It wasn't the heat of the sun though that was the cause of his perspiration rather it was the strain of holding in an evening of over indulgent drinking and feasting from the night before.

Having been hit by a wave of internal activity his face became ashen at the realistion that, located as we were at the time in the middle of the Bugatti Circuit (Garage Vert), there simply was not time to make it to the nearest toilet facility...  What to do, what to do...

Thankfully the answer was provided by one of the locals.  Emerging from his pre-race slumbers in the back of his car, the local strolled over to the edge of the circuit, climbed atop one of the shrink-wrappped tyre-stacks more commonly used for crash protection and proceded to remove his trousers and... well I am sure you can guess the rest.

Inspired by such liberated behaviour, our party member quickly followed the example.

So the most bizarre site... two fully grown men using tyre barriers as toilets under the full scrutiny of the Garage Vert LM contingent.

Needs must I suppose.  I know our party member looks back at the whole incident with equal measures of complete shame and utter, utter relief  Grin
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 02:02:03 pm by oldtimer » Logged
htbast
CA Veteran

Well done 'Shorty'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 06:04:28 pm »

Few years back, when they had the large screen in the village. The area was crammed with English supporters ready to watch the Football (I know a dirty word to some of you).  But the screen was showing the live Race (quite right too).

Must have been World Cup 2002. JH on RLM was doing the comentry from the TV pictures he was getting the the studio. All the English had earphones or headphones on listening to the pre-match build up. What I remember was the look on the faces of the French, Dutch & Germans as on mass, the English stood up and began sining the God Save The Queen!!

They were looking around for some reason why this had happened, but could not see anything.

Fantastic

The same thing happened 20 m inutes later when England scored and again the crowd seemed to jump up and sing on mass, for no apparent reason!
rcutler
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 09:33:18 pm »

That was one of my best memories of Le Mans, I know it was England Denmark, I think we won??!!! Grin If memory serves me correct then it was 5-0.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 09:35:56 pm »

That was one of my best memories of Le Mans, I know it was England Denmark, I think we won??!!! Grin If memory serves me correct then it was 5-0.

3 - 1.

The score was written on a huge white rubbish skip in Bleu annex, which with the addition of some red paint had been converted into a giant St George's flag. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 09:37:48 pm by Barry » Logged
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 02:59:50 am »

Funnily enough, both my strange moments involve sh*t !

Two years ago, when we arrived at Blue Nord camping, having been on the road for several hours, our first port of call was at the toilet block for a call of nature. However, as we pulled up, the first sight that greeted us was a naked man stood outside the toilet block, wearing only a pair of shoes. This man also had sh*t running all down his legs. This was my brother in laws first impression of Le Mans. Nice ! Huh

The other involved a member of my group back when I took a mini bus load of piss heads for several years. One year, on the way out back to the ferry, some of the lads insisted that i stopped the van at the side of the road so they could pee. This was on the two lane road out of le Mans on the N138 in the built up industrial area. I stopped against my better judgement and several of them got out for a pee. Then one came back to the bus and got out toilet roll and went back to the grass verge and preceeded to take a sh*t right in front of us and in full view of the the traffic. Not a pretty sight ! Sad
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 08:42:01 am »

Amongst many gems was the Sunday night bonfire on Bleu 3yrs ago. In an attempt to thwart Pikeys a group of lads set light to rubbish in the middle of the field. A very dry field. And a stiff breeze. Just as it got out of control my mate wandered over and told them we had thrown 2 5kg gas cylinders on there. We then sat with cold beers as they swung into action, Trying to put it out. Then a bike tyre exploded, it was like a scene from the A team.  Diving and rolling about screaming. Oh how we laughed.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Steve TTTD
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 01:58:00 pm »

Funny how so many of these stories involve s*it
Camped on TR last year, we were sitting by the fence and a French woman walked past us, climbed up into the bushes just past the camp, dropped her shorts and pants and proceded to drop one reight next to the fence....
Strangely she was looking across and smiling at us all the time... Huh

TeamTickleTheDragon
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 02:16:53 pm »

Hope no one minds if I snatch some of the above stories for the CA guide, some of them are brilliant reads - ... we'll you've put it on public internet anyway Grin Grin Grin

Cheers

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Steve TTTD
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 03:09:16 pm »

Hope no one minds if I snatch some of the above stories for the CA guide, some of them are brilliant reads - ... we'll you've put it on public internet anyway Grin Grin Grin

Cheers

Werner

Werner,
If yo're interested, this is the very fence in question Grin Grin

* Beer Wall.jpg (87.67 KB, 717x476 - viewed 220 times.)

TeamTickleTheDragon
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 03:12:15 pm »

Cheers

Werner

Werner,
If yo're interested, this is the very fence in question Grin Grin

I remember that fence, passed by it last year - but kept my pants on Grin Grin

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Steve TTTD
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 03:14:43 pm »

The fun was sitting on the other side of it, watching the locals trying to work out what it said...
Lots of pointing and mumbling.
It did cause a bit of interest  Smiley
If you're down that end this year stop by for a cold one..

TeamTickleTheDragon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: