Club Arnage
September 21, 2024, 11:31:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: T.W.A.T.S. Driver Mike Rockenfeller gets 3rd in only his 2nd DTM drive  (Read 1805 times)
president
CA Veteran

I'm a T.W.A.T. and proud of it

View Profile WWW
« on: May 08, 2007, 09:37:47 pm »

Mike Rockenfeller, the youngest Audi-work driver in the DTM, went with the Qualifying in Oschersleben in the first start row!

Great success for “Rocky”: Place three in Oschersleben!

Incredible, but true: Mike Rockenfeller went on Sunday in the Magdeburger Börde in his AUDI A4 DTM 2006 on the platform!

And this directly in his second race as a DTM pilot generally. The youngest DTM Audi-driver confirmed with it his fantastic qualification on Saturday in which he put his last year’s Audi in the first start row. With a really wonderful start “Rocky” could conquer even directly position one and hold double Formula-one world champion Mika Häkkinen on distance.

In spite of two perfect stops of the Audi Sport Team Rosberg crew Mike was overtaken by the finn during the stop and stuck from now on to the bumper of the black Mercedes AMG C class of 2007. Indeed, in front of the eyes of 63,000 spectators the Mercedes pilots Gary Paffet and Paul di Resta took over the lead because of cleverly tactical strategies - however, the TV cameras were focused on both principal characters Mika Häkkinen and Mike Rockenfeller in the fight for the third position.

Resolved to get a place on the platform already in his second DTM race, “Rocky” himself didn´t leave laxly and followed the finn like a shade, with really unusual sunny and nearly summery conditions in the Magdeburger Börde. Then in the third-last racing round the big hour stroke for the only 23-year-old new DTM beginner. He took a small mistake of the Mercedes pilot in order to overtake him in curve two with a spectacular manoeuvre and got the third place. An achievement, that Audi motor sport boss Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich in the media talcum commented with a: ” I am very glad that we have the Mike in our team! “.

Mike Rockenfeller:
“My race today here in Oschersleben was of course first-class. Directly after the start I could manage to put myself in front of the field. We could move our strategy in such a way as we planned it. The fact that at the end I stand really on the platform, besides, with such an overtaking manoeuvre against Mika Häkkinen, is fantastic of course. I thank my team, they all have done a really good job. I simply am over the moon at the moment and will still celebrate with certainty with the team. “

not long now...I'm p!ss!ng myself with excitement
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: