Club Arnage
October 02, 2024, 12:30:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This bunch of pratts give motorsport a very bad name  (Read 14073 times)
Lancs Se7en
CA Veteran

I love it sideways

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2007, 11:25:38 am »

Tragic event during Gumball (rally?HuhHuhHuh)

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1264048,00.html

and here

http://jalopnik.com/cars/gumball-3000/gumballers-nick-morley-and-matthew-mcconville-arrested-after-hit+and+run-fatality-257447.php

and here

http://jalopnik.com/cars/il-est-mort/scumball-3000-absolves-drivers-of-wrong+doingmay-be-living-in-dream-world-257602.php

Interesting to note that a major global player in sports wear had been associated with this excuse for total mindless rich idiots to ignore the rules which has resulted in the death of one innocent guy and the serious injury of his wife.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 11:39:21 am by Lancs Se7en » Logged

Does it really only have full throttle
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 11:33:13 am »

I wouldn't use the c word on here but I was tempted. Angry

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 11:38:20 am »

This statement sums up their mentality perfectly.

Yes, because I know whenever in an accident, the immediate first response of any scumballer is to head straight for the closest border crossing without stopping to administer help to the individuals they've just run over -- in order to get help. That's right -- the border is the best place to find critical medical supplies, hospitals and you know, safe passage from the authorities. – Ray Wert

I was watching some of the coverage on Extreme TV. What a bunch of twats most of them are, rat-arsed every night and then jump into a high powered car next day to race each other. The organizers say that they all obey the road laws of whichever country they are in. From what I saw, they ignored them all and were actually racing. Plenty of TV footage to prove the organizers wrong.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Lancs Se7en
CA Veteran

I love it sideways

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 11:44:06 am »

There are loads of reports coming out on this now. There have been lots of serious accidents during this event (is it an event or just a happening)
A few years ago one car ended up in a field, some considerable distance from the road and on its roof. I think that it was some sort of red Ferrari. The driver was a total tosser who  along with most of his fellow gumballers had been seen getting pissed the previous night. Oh for a JCB to have been in the way.
And how do ADIDAS get out of this one
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 11:46:04 am by Lancs Se7en » Logged

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 12:17:37 pm »

We were talking about this earlier.

What absolute fuckwits (wonder what the autocensor will do to that!).

This isn't motorsport, this is hooliganism in the same way that joyriders tear round estates putting people at risk.

Events like this have no place on public roads - motorsport should be on closed tracks and closed stages or in a safe "timed stage" environment. 

Those of us involved in motorsport choose to take risks - other motorists and pedestrians don't and should not be put at risk. 

This type of event should be banned and whilst I'm sure these chaps feel remorse for what they've done I hope they are treated in the way that the local laws require and don't manage to buy their way out of this. 
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 12:19:56 pm »

On our way home from Brands we were overtaken by some of the scumballers, but the most I saw were on the hard shoulder accompanied with a policecar... Also the fact that at least seven of those twats lost there driverslicense in the Netherlands due to excessive (over 50 km/h over the limit) speeding says enough about obeying the road laws....

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Steve TTTD
CA Veteran

No they didn't build 'em like that.....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 12:26:51 pm »

We were talking about this earlier.

What absolute fuckwits (wonder what the autocensor will do to that!).

This isn't motorsport, this is hooliganism in the same way that joyriders tear round estates putting people at risk.
This type of event should be banned and whilst I'm sure these chaps feel remorse for what they've done I hope they are treated in the way that the local laws require and don't manage to buy their way out of this. 

And there's the problem Piglet...
Joyrider = Poor kid who is a Hoologan, Vandal and Hoodie' and should be 'Cracked down on hard' because they're scum

Scumball = Rich people and Tara P-T who are just having fun and should be given all  the TV coverage they desire because they are 'Celebs'..

I've always thought that the ability to buy a £300,000 car should not be the only judge of whether you should have one.. Smiley

TeamTickleTheDragon
You Buy It, We'll Race It
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 12:32:05 pm »

Absolute and utter insanity. The event organisers should be strung up too. In this age of litigation and green bandwagoneering this kind of moronic idiocy plays right into the anti motorsport lobby. Motorsport can be run on public roads ie. Mille miglia etc. But only when properly sanctioned. I compete on Historic road rallies and the driving standards are generally excellent. I think that this tragic incident is more likely to be a result of the mentality of the spoilt little shits involved.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 12:37:42 pm »

Motorsport can be run on public roads ie. Mille miglia etc. But only when properly sanctioned. I compete on Historic road rallies and the driving standards are generally excellent. I think that this tragic incident is more likely to be a result of the mentality of the spoilt little shits involved.

Sorry that's what i meant to say about timed stages where I think you have a minimum time for completing a distance to allow for speed limits? 
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 12:49:03 pm »

There are many, many people in many different walks of life who work hard, whether they put their lives on the line day in, day out (and many do) to provide and maintain the freedom and security that these moronic imbeciles enjoy.  The least that such self-centred egoists could do when they indulge themselves is to behave responsibly when something goes wrong.  But seemingly they can't even manage to do that.  within the bounds of propriety, words fail me......... 

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Lancs Se7en
CA Veteran

I love it sideways

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 12:57:44 pm »

And how do ADIDAS get out of this one

Seems to me that someone has dropped a real bollock here. Do these people not know the history of this event and the problems that it has caused. There is a comment on one of the forums that ADIDAS have re directed all contact from the official ADIDAS Gumball site to their own but there does not seem to be a comment and that competitors were all encouraged to remove the ADIDAS company logo from the sides of their vehicles.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 01:00:08 pm by Lancs Se7en » Logged

Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 12:58:18 pm »

There are several threads on Pistonheads about this, and some comments that its possible that the car which was hit (i.e. the local guy) may have been at least partially to blame for the accident.  There is also at least one report that the two Brits involved did wait at the scene until the ambulance arrived.  However this could all be the Gumball organisers trying to get some positive press.

The accident happened on the 2nd (Wednesday) the other drivers weren't told about it at the drivers briefing yesterday Thursday) morning and it wasn't until it hit the mass media and forums that they decided to cancel the Gumball.

Certainly on Pistonheads there have been threads about the dangers of a fatal accident hitting this event and other similar ones, and of course it gives no pleasure to say "I told you so".

I am not sure what positive press any large corporation could expect to get from an event like this which appears to condone drink driving, reckless driving, dangerous driving, in fact any kind of driving other than safe driving.

In a few weeks many of us will be driving down to Le Mans and is it any surprise that with the antics of groups such as those on the Gumball the police are clamping down on speeding in France?

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 01:03:00 pm »

Latest news now is that the "race" is officially stopped. Serves them right.
Somebody should tell them Cannonball Run is a movie, not real life Angry

Go find a race track, and ruin your toys there.

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 01:20:40 pm »

Latest news now is that the "race" is officially stopped. Serves them right.
Somebody should tell them Cannonball Run is a movie, not real life Angry

Go find a race track, and ruin your toys there.

Totally true,

But these people will get out of it, because they are rich and can pull strings, I know its wrong but that the way life is going has gone

As I was told years ago,

Life is like a Sh*t Sandwich
The more bread you have,
The less sh*t you have to eat.

Sorry for anybody who are eating sandwiches for lunch today.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 01:29:21 pm by nopanic » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 01:35:49 pm »

Words fail me. My heart felt sympathies to the victims and their families. I have seen bits of coverage for this event before and thought what an outstandingly stupid idea it was.

I am struggling from going to google to find out if these w+nkers have a 'club gumball' so I can sign up and tell them just what I think of them and their moronic event.......
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: