Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 01:25:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forth time but first proper trip  (Read 4126 times)
patrick_924

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2007, 01:02:01 pm »

For the last 3 years i went with the Porsche Club all i did was pay the money and turn up (i went with my dad and it was an easy way of doing things), I was the only 924 on the site but everyone was friendly and it was great fun, so this year after years of telling mates how fantastic the 24 hours is, 2 more decide to come the problem you cant get 5 lads in a 924 so looks like its a beetle and a 924, all the way from Durham ,could be fun. To make things more interesting i work for Valeo a French company and one of my mates who is coming is French maybe he can work the public transport out!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 02:25:05 pm »

Hi there Patrick and welcome.  See you soon (a couple of days and I'll be able to say "next month"!)

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 03:53:06 pm »

Hi patrick. Welcome aboard. Nice to have a few more northerners on here. I'm just above you up in Morpeth. There is another bloke just joined this week from up Alnwick way too. We might be able to have a northern planning meeting at this rate!
Which day are you going down?

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 06:23:15 pm »

Coo, you're making me all nostalgic you two!  My dear old da', who can be held completely resposible for my being a petrolhead, went to Morpeth Grammar, and Durham Uni'.  Spent most of my childhood holidays in a house overlooking the beach at Newbiggin with two great aunts.  Be careful about that planning meeting, or I might be tempted to fly in from chesse land. Wink

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
patrick_924

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 09:57:10 pm »

Heading down Thursday to pick one of the lads up from uni in Nottingham then onwards. Nice to see that i am not the only person daft enough to drive down from the North East, My girlfriend took me to a lovely little Italian restaurant in Morpeth last week fantastic drive over from the A69 got me in the mood for the blast through France
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 11:06:20 am »

Termie- i'll bring down Stotties and pease pudding to Lm if you like! Alas Newbiggin ain't what it was i'm afraid. Morpeth still nice tho.
Patrick- i always think that the long A roads are like the N138 and the like. On sunny days anyway. Northumberland has a mild climate most of the year and the roads are always quiet, just like northern France. Best place in the country for classic car ownership i think. Next time you're passing give me a shout. Always a cold beer or too in the workshop!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: