Club Arnage
July 08, 2024, 01:48:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Second time  (Read 4644 times)
RoverMan

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2007, 12:14:18 pm »

First went in 2004, in a Rover 75 Tourer, brand new the day before! (Spent the tunnel crossing reading the handbook!)

Going again this year, dropping the missus in Chartres (must remember to collect her on the way back) and hopefully having a good weekend.

Wish they still made Rovers, I think it is a great car! Renewing later this year (company car, 3.5 yr lease), looking at a Skoda Ocatvia estate. Any comments?? I know it isn't 'sporty' - that can come when I retire in a few (not many) years.

British Racing Green 75 Tourer (Diesel), if you see me say Hi!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 01:05:32 pm »

Hello Roverman, I remember you! And your Rover 75. It was a gold one wasn't it? Welcome back to CA!

Nothing wrong with a Skoda at all, it's just that they are as dull as ditchwater. So thinking outside the box how about a Subaru Legacy estate? Very Rover-like qualities - heavy build, rock steady, big boot, reliable, slightly quirky, plus they have the benefit of all wheel drive, which you need to live with to appreciate the huge benefits of. Just a thought....

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
RoverMan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 09:06:10 pm »

Nope, not gold, British Racing Green as I said in my post!

Subaru not possible. Company car and we are restricted to VW group or Ford.

Don't want a Mondeo, Passat is possibole but Skoda looks better value for money and less tax to Gordon!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 10:02:12 pm »

The old Fabia is still going strong in spite of my o/h's efforts to run it over with the Landy. Roll Eyes  Less dull than you think, just love those German turbo-diesels.

Hi there, by the way.  See you in June.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
nickliv
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 10:21:12 am »

Skodas don't have to be dull.

3 large blokes went to LM in this from Cumbria last year, and we didn't slum it too much in the campsite either ;- a 4 man tent, airbeds, camping chairs, a gazebo etc etc etc.

And we managed to bring a whole box of 1664 and 3 bottles of wine back with us.
RoverMan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 12:23:54 pm »

Tickets arrived, route printed (via. Chartres to drop the missus off), excitement building.....

Just need a dry  weekend to PROPERLY clean the car (not just a service 'valet').
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 12:44:03 pm »

Just need a dry  weekend to PROPERLY clean the car (not just a service 'valet').

Clean it??........BEFORE LM?? 

With all the dust, flies and other unmentionables floating round the camp sites, I always leave it till AFTER LM - usually about 3 months after.......    Cheesy Cheesy

Del

Team Delboy Racing
RoverMan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 06:47:22 pm »

It'll probably be the last clean before the end of lease pressure wash in December! Thought it might be nice to travel and arrive in a gleaming motor!

Last time was with the car brand-new (75 miles on the clock, got it the day before I headed for LM), so it was very clean from PDI.

Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: