Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 06:29:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Lunch at St Cosme then ride out to St Sat; or Lunch at St Sat then pm ride out?
St Sat Lunch - 5 (100%)
St Cosme Lunch - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA Cavalcade, Great British Welcome, Mad Friday -update- ROUTE DETAILS attached  (Read 48456 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2007, 03:21:31 pm »

Can't come in the MGB GT as it's a manual and the leg's broken, so pleased add an AM DB7 Vantage to the list of runners  Smiley 

Tough choice for some eh?  Wink
Life's cr*p ain't it?
Danny, I've added you and your car to the list.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2007, 03:38:42 pm »

Hi,
Well some members of the TSSC were trying to arrange something similar but even though I've message them etc, I've heard diddlysquat.

So folks, please include my SIXFIRE (GT6 Convertable) to the group. There will be 2 nuts on board!

Termie,  I still gather we are meeting at St Sat sometime before 1400 and then a liesurely drive through Le Sarthe.

Jerry
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 03:52:20 pm by jjkt15 » Logged

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2007, 03:56:26 pm »

Termie,  I still gather we are meeting at St Sat sometime before 1400 and then a liesurely drive through Le Sarthe.

Jerry
Yup, that's the plot.  The links to the route and maps plus notes are in this thread somewhere, but are also in a sticky at the top of the Help section. 

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 01, 2007, 11:42:03 pm »

Jerry
Yup, that's the plot.  The links to the route and maps plus notes are in this thread somewhere, but are also in a sticky at the top of the Help section. 

Hi Termie,

OK, I'm trying to kill two birds with one stone here!

I'll be leaving camp at about 1000-1015 with the TSSC on a leisurely drive to St. Sat. I will then swap/desert/hide in CA for the trip back.

(Mental Reminder:- fill up with GoGo juice)

Do you allow 'turncoats'?

Jerry

« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 06:24:53 pm by jjkt15 » Logged

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2007, 06:41:35 pm »

Oooooo.. Undecided  Oh, yeah alright then.  There's a fuel station next to our stopping place too so you can top up half way round.

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2007, 01:43:14 am »

Termie, I think our group have finally decided that we will be joining the run!!

So, coming from MB will be two TVR's, a Honda NSX and a sensible car

Joining us at St Sat on their way down from the ferry will be the Moggie and the Merc CLK
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2007, 01:55:27 pm »

Good stuff - please bring some copies of the route with you.  I've been proof-reading the guide and have run out of ink! Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 01:15:44 pm by termietermite » Logged

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2007, 01:16:32 pm »

Would everybody who is coming
PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN COPY OF THE ROUTE WITH YOU
Thanks

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2007, 01:15:39 pm »

Thanks to everybody who turned up - I had a great time, don't know about you lot?  Herard and the bar staff looked after us so well and the locals were seriously impressed by our little collection - I think the Mustang went down best! Grin

Sorry that the St Sat arrangements were not as good as they should have been.  I think that the trouble going on around the circuit for the usual Mad Friday antics meant that it was much busier than the organisers anticipated, which was why we ended up being parked all over the place so it was very hard to gather everybody together for the departure.  Well done to those who made it, in spite of the slightly sticky start, especially Danny who in spite of a broken leg managed to join us on the Sille road and come along - hope it was worth it.

Mods - you could un-sticky this now!

elanman
CA Veteran

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2007, 02:25:08 pm »

Termie, thanks for organising the drive out on Friday, I enjoyed it very much and is was good to see some of the glorious French countryside a little off the usual 'beaten track' for Le Mans visitors, even the weather stayed fine .  Please pass on my thanks and I'm sure those of everyone else to Herard and his staff for looking after us
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 19, 2007, 04:53:49 pm »

Hi Termi
Sorry I didnt make it, I was recovering from the fine DFH/ Piglet/KK party and wasnt fit enough. I did try and find you but as you say SSaturnin was a bit packed, may be a sligh mod to the plan for next year.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 19, 2007, 05:15:55 pm »

As I said on the day, many thanks for the effort in putting the run together - from experience I know how much it takes!  The countryside was lovely, nice villages, and passing BUG 11 (the Bugatti Veyron that was in the area last week) coming the other way on the road in one of the villages was great.  Herard's bar/restaurant was a nice way to finish it off and it was good to do something a bit different with Friday afternoon. 

One suggestion for next year for the St S bit : the link up of everyone on the road outside seemed to work well, so rather than trying to get a designated area for parking inside the CBW, simply set a designated point within CBW for everyone to meet up, to then go to their cars and form up outside.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Newcastle Dave

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 19, 2007, 08:21:25 pm »

A big thank you to Termie for organising a great run out for us.  My brother and I enjoyed it loads and the buffet at St Cosme was very welcome and enjoyed by us both.  It waas nice to travel with an interesting bunch of people and interesting set of cars.  Next year I will hope to get the chance to have more than the the briefest of chats that we managed this year.

Dave
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2007, 08:26:46 pm »

Er, you think I'm going to do that again? Grin

garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2007, 10:40:24 pm »

Termie, you've got to as I'll be leaving a day early next year specifically to participate in the run.
Good to meet you and Mr T and sorry for not making it to the CA Calvalcade this year.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: