Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 11:20:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about ACO Membership  (Read 4684 times)
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2007, 10:13:36 am »

I had a letter from the ACO trying to flog membership.  I'd like to join if I can find the cash but I wondered if there is a good time to join. 

Does the membership run calendar year to calendar year or for twelve months from when I join? 
MIKE C (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran

How f---ing fast was That!!! Time for a Low Flyer!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 10:27:14 am »

I got the same letter yesterday, to join CLUB 24, which is the ACO, Or do I just join the ACO. Any advice would be appreciated.

Mike

Roll on June and the lush grass of BN!!!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 11:15:20 am »

My membership always falls due in October, so it must be 12 months from when you join.

I received an ACO email yesterday about Club 24 - they must be having a recruitment drive.

Steve East Anglian cobras

nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 11:43:08 am »

I got the same letter yesterday, to join CLUB 24, which is the ACO, Or do I just join the ACO. Any advice would be appreciated.

Mike

same question, what advantages do you get for joining?

Is it just that you can a get a pint opposite the Poo bar easier?

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 11:43:20 am »

Hi all,

if anyone has questions about the ACO membership: Delboy has prepared a chapter about ACO membership for this year's CA Le Mans guide, see http://www.clubarnage.com/caguide/caguide2007/c29-acomembership.pdf

Cheers

Werner
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 11:46:04 am by Werner » Logged

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 05:30:53 pm »

I had a letter from the ACO trying to flog membership.  I'd like to join if I can find the cash but I wondered if there is a good time to join. 

Does the membership run calendar year to calendar year or for twelve months from when I join? 

I concur with Steve Brown, membership is 12 monthly, from the date you join.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 02:01:48 pm »

Anita, if I am correctly reading between the lines, I joined in May 2004 and bought my 6 GA tickets which effectively covered the membership costs. I then ordered my 2005 GA tickets in January 2005 (still within my first membership year) and got the discounted rate again. I then didn't renew as I'd already benefitted from the saving.  Grin

Additionally I used it for the 2004 classic so made some savings there as well!
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 03:27:25 pm »

snap.. very similar here.. ordered the GA tickets online then bought another six on the gate at reduced prices for the late arrivals.. and discounted moto gp tickets.. GO ROSSI!!

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 03:44:43 pm »

Anita, if I am correctly reading between the lines .....

I don't know what you're suggesting  Grin Grin Grin

I'd forgotten about the Classic though - bargain!! 

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 06:17:38 pm »

I had a memberhip which ran out in October/November. I sent back my payment for for this years race etc and because I live in a millionaires paradise I did not notice that they had not taken the money off my card (truth is I forgot) RECENTLY they sent a letter to say if I did not pay the €400+ I would not be kept the tickets, as my membership had not been renewed and the tickets were at members prices, most of which I had sold to ebay CA members. I therefore rejoined, God knows why, in haste, to make sure I was not letting anyone down. My new membership is from March.
Next year I may not go to the 24 only the Classic, but I will be able to buy discounted tickets. I will put in an allocation for HA and pass them on if I do not attend.

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 08:27:18 pm »

BUGGER - never thought of them holding onto the tickets - my renewal came through a few weeks ago and I was going to let it lapse. I've already paid for all teh tickets, most of which are going to CAers, so I guess I'll have to renew...
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 10:08:01 pm »

OK, so I need to wait and renew as close to the event as I can?  So that next year I'll have my tickets in my hand before my membership lapses if I can't afford to renew it?

I've bought GA tickets for this year already (in fact I've got a couple left over if anyone wants any?)...
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 10:56:45 pm »

BUGGER - never thought of them holding onto the tickets - my renewal came through a few weeks ago and I was going to let it lapse. I've already paid for all teh tickets, most of which are going to CAers, so I guess I'll have to renew...

Geoff
I would have thought you would have had a reminder by now. Check your CC statement to see if they have taken out the money yet, you may be richer or poorer than you thought. I actually sent back the form, as normal, ages ago but they did not get in touch until I was in Sebxxng, with a 7 day notice and tickets promised I was in a bit of a spin, so stumped up the membership. It would have been cheaper to just pay the extra and not bother with the membership, mind you the ACO crapper is clean.

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: