Club Arnage
October 07, 2024, 01:27:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fridges  (Read 3893 times)
Lancs Se7en
CA Veteran

I love it sideways

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2007, 04:59:55 pm »

We've just started getting our kit together and have a problem in taking our domestic fridge so........................... Grin
has anyone any experience of using one of the smaller items such as that fitted into caravans etc. We can take a couple of these with no probs and have seen some that run on gas or 12v.
or

Has anyone any experience of taking an ice making machine. There are some table top versions available for around £100 that produce 12 cubes every 12 mins or so(under ideal conditions I expect)
We can take a genny so the power part is not an issue and less so if we use a gas powered fridge. (how the hell does that work) Huh

Does it really only have full throttle
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 05:03:55 pm »

We've got a Waeco Combicool/Mobicool which runs on 12v/gas/mains.  Fab piece of kit.  The new models (Mobicool name not Combicool) cool to 30 degrees below ambient temperature (40 litre model), the 55 litre model and last years Combicools cool to 25 degrees below ambient. 

The new one we've got is freezing beer quite happily in our dining room!! 
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 07:02:50 pm »

.........has anyone any experience of using one of the smaller items such as that fitted into caravans etc. We can take a couple of these with no probs and have seen some that run on gas or 12v.

We've always used camping fridges - never had the space for anything bigger.  Obviously, their effectiveness is dependant on the size of your party.  This year, we are taking 4 of them to cater for 4 people, although for the last few years we managed with 2 or 3.  They do take some time (overnight) to chill out a fridgefull of warm beer, but you can take everything inside to below freezing in time.  Running on gas, they use about 1 Camping Gaz 907 bottle in a week.  Last year we plugged in to the DfH genny, and they seem to be more efficient on mains.  Do NOT use them on 12 volt - they do take a fair current and will empty a 12V battery in only a few hours.  The 12V facility is to use only when the engine is running - however, if you do this, make sure your auxilliary power outlet in the car (cigar lighter??) has heavy enough wires and fuses to take the load.

Another point - if you have to buy these, you may be better off buying them in France.  I bought mine several years ago for half what they were in the UK.  2 years ago, a mate bought one in France for £75 (mains, gas, 12V AND 24V).

Hope this helps.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
rcutler
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 08:20:42 pm »

We bought a Weaco Combicool from the UK last year and were very impressed. There were a total of 7 of us drinking the beers from it and we never drank warm beers. You can get the 3-way combicool 40 litre for about £120 in some places. Watch the price of postage as some places do free postage which can often make them cheaper.
neilsie
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 03:41:25 pm »

or get a free one from freecycle or similar, take down in the back of the car and leave it for the pikeys post race Smiley
rex.l
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 11:12:31 pm »

Hi campers,thought i'd add my bit to the worthy cause of keeping the beer COLD. I know it's not possible for the average sports car le manser to take a small(1metre wide)chest freezer,but if you have a back up tranny it's o k.

You don't need power on site ,just plug the freezer in at home about 3 weeks before you leave,adding about 3inches(75mm) at a time until it's frozen then add more. Half full will keep ice for at least a week no matter how much beer you put in. we.ve been doing it for a few years now with the original freezer. last year we had to throw ice away on the monday morning before we left.And i unplugged the freezer on the sat morning ,a week before Le Mans.
It took some lifting into the tranny though/!!!!!!!!!
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 08:28:02 pm »

but if you have a back up tranny it's o k.

Love the idea of a backup tranny...... Wink

Cross dressing doesn't seem to feature much on CA at the moment.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
nickliv
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 08:36:15 pm »

A back up tranny? Steady there!

With a big chest? I'm sure Mr Brown will locate a disturbing picture from the ether.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 08:44:55 pm »

Hmm, a bit slow tonight isn't he?

Recovering from a recent event I wonder...

Wink

Bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 08:55:39 pm »

I think both Perdu's and Pretzel's comments are relevant to Mr.Brown.....as after Sebring he went "DRAG"  racing Grin
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 03:18:40 pm »

I think both Perdu's and Pretzel's comments are relevant to Mr.Brown.....as after Sebring he went "DRAG"  racing Grin

So did Smokie and Gab, but in a different direction!?

This is Gab in a 'dress' rehearsal...

>Martini...

* IMGP3028.jpg (42.04 KB, 300x451 - viewed 269 times.)

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2007, 03:45:52 pm »

We have been usuing the same fridge freezer for 4 years now and its all still working fine.

We bought another chest freezer last year to help and we always had cold drinks - thats for 26 folk!!

Plugging into mains and running full time always helps, as does £10 of ice on arrival in Le Mans to get it chilled down first.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: