Club Arnage
October 07, 2024, 05:17:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a lift to Le Mans this year....  (Read 15203 times)
JHarber
CA Veteran

LM07 we will be there!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 11:07:42 am »

Hi guys,

thanks for all the response so far.
I have just had a word with mum and she does fully understand the proposed idea. I will be showing her this page when she gets back later on today.
In answer to other questions, the dates we would go do not matter, neither my brother or i have any major exams and the school will allow up to 2 weeks off so it should be ok.
As ive explained, ive spoken to mum and prior to meeting the group we would go with, she is happy to see us go this year.
I have spoken to my uncle and he is saying he is unsure but i will speak to him about this idea and see what he says. I think after the events he felt like he had to take us but i think hed appreciate me taking that pressure off his shoulders.
As i have said before, we live in Norwich and we can almost get a train or plane anywhere in the country if it helps you guys out.
If anyone wants my phone number or e-mail address then PM me and il get back to you asap.
Thanks again,
James

Did you know that 0.5% of the worlds population will visit a McDonalds every day!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 12:02:12 pm »

OK, let's try to move this forward....

There are two main issues that I can see....

Lift out and space on a campsite

I'd need to discuss with KK but we might be able to take you if you are happy and able to go from Brands (or more likely Dover is easier) on the Sunday afternoon/Evening.   The slight problem is that we'll need to do a stopover somewhere around Le Mans so you'd need to be able to stump up for a F1 room or similar.  We've got a huge big trailer this year so car space for us is less of an issue than in previous years.    You'd also need to be able to get yourselves home from Dover around 7pm on the Monday afterwards as we will be travelling back to Bristol. 

BUT - I'm concerned that we won't have enough campsite space if the ACO really are going to enforce 35 msq per pass on MB.  We've got four passes but have me, KK, Jason, Trevor and Sean already and I think we'll struggle to get anything else on without being on top of each other. 

How is everyone else fixed for space? 

Can anyone else take the lads later in the week? 

The given if we (and i guess anyone else) take you is that you'd need to be responsible for your own and your brothers behaviour out there!!  Maternal instinct passed me by! 
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 02:10:37 pm »

James,

The ideal of course would be a party that could transport you there and back and include you on their campsite in one go, and someone may well be able to come up with that offer. 

However, whilst I can't offer any space in a car to get out there and back, our crew are on Bleu Nord this year, arriving from the Tuesday evening, and then striking camp and returning home on the Sunday evening.  As well as the normal crew of responsible adults numbering around a dozen this year, three of my sons are also going (aged 22, 18 and 17) in a Vectra.  There will be space in their car once it is unloaded to get you and your brother out and around with them to Arnage, Mulsanne, the town, shops etc, during the time there, so you wouldn't be totally stuck on the campsite or reliant on walking.

You're welcome to join us on Bleu Nord if you wish, assuming that between you and others on the thread the travel bit gets sorted.  You don't need to decide here and now, as the arrangement can be taken up at a moment's notice right up to when we're all out there if needs be!  That way you can see what others may be able to offer on the thread.  Needless to say, quite happy to talk things through with you, your mum and your brother beforehand.

All the best for now,

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
JHarber
CA Veteran

LM07 we will be there!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 02:20:40 pm »

Hi Piglet,

First of all i would lke to say thanks for your help so far, mum has now seen this page and just from reading a few postings seems happy to meet you all and/or discuss further plans.
I will take full responsibility for myself and my brother, having been to Le Mans for many years we know wht goes on and Dad taught us the rights and wrongs from day one. We had been going with a large group for the lst 3 years but unfortunately they are not going this year. Everything seems to be against us on this trip.
Myself and my brother are not shy and arnt just another couple of lads. We have been brought up in the best way posible, we have always been introduced to Dads friends, always polite and so on. This will show instantly and I hope its something that helps us in our search for a hero CA'er that can take us this year.

As I said before, we are pretty much free when it omes to timing, we can go from whenever until whenever within reason. If anyone can offer any part of this trip, we are more than grateful.
I can send my mobile number and e-mail through PM so just give me a quick call as i check this thread daily and i will get back to you asap.
If there are any questions that are bugging anyone then please ask as i am happy to explain anything to you.
Thanks again,
James

Did you know that 0.5% of the worlds population will visit a McDonalds every day!
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 02:31:40 pm »

Hi James,

Just catching up with CA, and have come across your thread. I think what you are doing is great, and I would like to help if I can, obviously from the above you can gather I'm camping with Piglet, Keith etc.

I live in Essex, so can certainly assist somewhere along the way. I'm going out via the Normandy Beaches for a slight side trip on the Monday/Tuesday beforehand, not sure about going out as I'm on a silly PM ferry to Le Harve on the Sunday night, but I can certainly assist assist you getting home on the Monday after the race.

It looks like you are chatting with Piglet, so if you wish to take up my offer, just drop me a PM and we can sort something.

Jase

Wooosh!!!!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 02:42:03 pm »

Sounds like we might be getting a plan together!  

Jason isn't arriving until tuesday/wednesday so space on the pitch won't be a problem until then.  Mark's offer of camping is probably better as there are a bigger group of them and they'll be a bit more company of your own age and some transport.  You could pitch with us until Mark's crew arrives and then we can move you across to Bleu Nord and we can take you back again the following Monday.  

I have to say James you sound very mature and sensible, the fact that your Mum is willing to let the two of you go is clearly evidence of that - your Dad clearly did a good job and it would be a pleasure to help you out.  

I need to talk to Keith before I can agree anything further but I'll do that tonight and as long as he can't see any issues then you can take us up on the offer whenever you sort out with your uncle whether he wants to make the trip.  

I haven't of course in this mentioned my liking of Abba and the tradition of playing Waterloo at full volume when arriving in France - singing is compulsory!!  

Sorry Jase - posted while you were posting (it took me a while) - we'll need to take your pass anyway to make sure we can keep the space and the lads can use the space until you/Mark arrives.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 02:44:20 pm by Piglet » Logged
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2007, 02:56:48 pm »

Sounds like a plan is forming indeed.

Sounds like we might be getting a plan together!  

I haven't of course in this mentioned my liking of Abba and the tradition of playing Waterloo at full volume when arriving in France - singing is compulsory!!  

James, I have to stress, the Abba thing is a tradition going WAAAAaaaayyyyyyyyy back, but at least it's only 1 song. And the quicker it's done with the quicker you can get onto other music Wink

Sorry Jase - posted while you were posting (it took me a while) - we'll need to take your pass anyway to make sure we can keep the space and the lads can use the space until you/Mark arrives.

Not to worry, makes sense to do that. I'll probably be arriving Tuesday night, LM is only 2 hours from Caen.

Wooosh!!!!
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2007, 12:28:27 am »

I've Pm'd James - like Piglet, I do I need to talk to the lads to make sure they are OK with it, although I don't anticipate any particular problems there. 

However, for anyone else reading, I'm sure you will have picked up that this, at the moment is, at best, a cobbled together solution making what we can of what we've got -it will work, but if anyone has anything to help, please feel free to contribute.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2007, 07:32:01 am »

Just catching up but if there's anything we can supply (tents etc) just let us know.  Hopefully I'll have the Landy going by the time LM arrives so will have loads of room for extra gear.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Papa Lazarou

Driving slowly to make you all look faster...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2007, 08:46:24 pm »

Wow guys - top effort!  Smiley

James, I'd love to help out but am coming from Ireland, so may be a wee bit out of the way for the journey!

However, I'm on my own on Camping Bleu this year (except for the few thousand others there, obviously), so if you need some tent-space, let me know.  Looking at this thread though, I doubt this will be a problem!

See you at LM, and welcome to Club Arnage!

Patrick.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2007, 02:14:52 pm »

James,

Just to let you know that I have posted a link to this thread on the East Anglia forum of Pistonheads (which I also frequent) to see if anyone there can help as well

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=371957&f=121&h=0 

We will continue working on the current plan, but there's a good bunch of people there too and, as many of them will be more local to you, they might be able to offer better possibilities. 

MG Mark

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2007, 02:10:34 pm »

By way of update we appear to be sorted  Grin

James and his brother are going to travel down with KK and I on Sunday, stay on our pitch on MB until Tuesday and then head off over to join Mark and his lads on Bleu on Tuesday night. 

I'm not sure what the score will be on gear - I'm guess James and his bro have what they need and hopefully space in the car won't be a huge problem (as we now have a huge trailer!).  We're all meeting up in May to "do detail" and we will have done a test pack of the trailer by then so will know what the space situation is like. 

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2007, 02:15:09 pm »

Excellent news for the guys.  Yet another testament (as if we needed one) of the generosity etc of the CA members!  Grin

Well done to all involved.

F

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2007, 02:47:11 pm »

Of course what they don't have is Club Arnage (or DfH?) T-shirts so if anyone has some spares they might like to donate.....

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2007, 02:54:21 pm »

Good stuff Piglet and co.  Post planning meeting, just let me know if there is any extra gear you need.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: