Club Arnage
October 07, 2024, 11:32:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello boys and girls, we're back  (Read 7212 times)
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2007, 12:44:51 pm »

Well, what can you say about a weekend like that? Apart from fantastic that is.

Just got back to work. Late, tired, suntanned and possibly suffering from over consumption. It was well worth the journey even for the short time I was there, only Andy did it in a shorter time. As usual it was great to put faces to names.

A big thanks to all at Turn 10 and Camp Pidge. Your hostpitality and friendlyness was amazing. I had never met Pidge before but he introduced me to his family and they were all genuinly pleased to have me over there. I can reccomend the breakfast he provides, top stuff, sets you up for the day.

Although I wasn't sleeping at Turn 10 but every time I passed through a beer was pushed into my hand and I was told to help myself to anything. What a nice bunch of people.

Had a great chat with Matt Harper about Le Mans of old and how it had changed, and not for the good. I look forward to you coming over to La Sarthe again Matt.

I have really got to go back there again. The closeness of the track to the spectaters is unbelievable and even with a PHD camera like mine I managed to take some great shots.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 01:07:00 pm »

A HUGE Thank You to everyone, new friends and old, who helped make this such a great trip.

I'll post more when I've had chance to sleep some of it off and the brain cells might start to come back to life.

I don't think I have a Liver left to punish!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 01:09:06 pm »

And it's me checking in on CA too...

Wow what a blast we had this weekend. Went out on friday morning with my pal Andy who was able to arrange stand-by tix as he's a pilot. Got to Orlando and upgraded the Taurus for a Corvette Convertible and we eventually reached Sebring at 9pm on friday night. I was overwhelmed by all the CA folk slapping me on the back, and it was a genuine pleasure to see faces I'd not seen for two years. Also need to say a monumental thank you from both of us for the warmth and hospitality of the Turn 10 band of brothers. I though Mr R Prewett was gonna squeeze the life out of me, such was the hug he gave me. Anyway thanks guys and gals!

Nice also to renew my acquaintance with Mr M Harper, who I am delighted to report is fatter and jollier than ever. We spent some time with him and Seth and can confirm he's nothing but a drunkard. Anyway, he tried to trick us into what he described as "running from the law" in the Vette. He told us it was all the rage in Florida to bate the police and charge off headed for the Carolina border where apparently you are immune from prosecution; a sort of reworking of Thelma and Louise but with a CA twist. Seeing as we didn't have our head scarves with us, we gave that one a miss but took Matt's other advice and found some quieter backroad for a full-on Vette hoon. Ended up on Cocoa Beach for some agreeable surf and turf in the sunshine then we visited the carpark of the Kennedy Space Centre. Deciding that the hour we had spare didn't justify the $38 enrty, we went for another hoon and forunately came across an airshow at a nearby USAF base. We saw various dispalys, the highlight being an Invader and a Liberator displaying together.

Back at the airport we met up with JPC, Bob U, Rick and Doris and I'm delighted to say Andy was able to pull rank and get us checked in immediately without the ghastly hour of queuing the other four had to endure. He also secured us a Premium upgrade. The flight was 99% full so the journey was pretty terrible up the front. What it must have been like for the miserable wretches and peasants down the back in cattle class one can only surmise.

Anyway I've dragged my freshly-bathed corpse into the office and writing this has made me wish I was back there on Turn 10 with some of the finest folk it's possible to meet.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 01:13:14 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 02:34:55 pm »

Good to hear you all made it home safely and had a tremendous time.

In all honesty though, I hate you all. With a passion Wink

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 02:42:13 pm »

Baaaah, what a sh*tty thread... stop reading!

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 03:04:26 pm »

Sorry Lads, Were not back yet, at Hotel, just booked online.

Great Sunshine  Grin just about to go out in shorts and enjoy the last few hours of Orlando

hello from the following- who are still here

died_laughing,knetter,jc_nl,schizo,paddy,langtall,martini,QV,wishy and nopanic
see you'll soon

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 04:16:51 pm »

Glad to hear everyone had a great time.  Hope the Sebring newbies enjoyed their first trip to the old bomber base.  It pained me a great deal to miss the race this year, it pained me far worse to miss the opportunity to catch up with some old friends, and make some new ones.  Hope to see all of you soon, Road Atlanta in the autumn perhaps?
Fax
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 01:45:17 pm »

Just walked in the door.....had my first decent cuppa in a week!!!!

And all I can say is wow.What a weekend of experiences....cat 4 tornado,drinking moonshine and other concoctions whatever they were.real southern cooking.....and on Friday night at F-Troop our one and only Mr.J.P.Clapton singing  his usual partypiece.....Mustang Sally to the locals who gave their appreciation for a Limey taking centre stage.

And thanks to all the Turn 10 guys and gals for making the weekend memorable Grin,also thanks Matt for booking the hotel...getting us completelky wrecked on our arrival in Oralando  at The Fish on Fire and the invaluable advice on do's and don'ts while in Florida

And I hope Lee has replaced his golf club that Nopanic destroyed  on the driving range!!!! Cool

Wishy
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 02:00:00 pm »

Well I'm not doing that again.  Not for at least 51 weeks...   Grin Grin Grin

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 05:35:29 pm »

Good to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones, also.  I wish I could have met everyone but each time we stopped by the compound it seemed people were off watching race cars or some such nonsense.  Grin

Sorry again for the crap weather.

More than that - I'm sorry for only having cold Miller to offer when you stopped by.  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 05:37:53 pm by chop456 » Logged

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 09:51:39 pm »

Welcome back one and all - look forward to hearing more tales of derring-do across the pond.  The Taurus to Vette transformation gives a whole new meaning to "hire car"... Grin In the immortal lines from the Life of Brian I can only say "you lucky, lucky b*ast*rds....."

I know its a lot to ask with all that PG Tips and cold Miller swilling around getting in the way, but did anyone see anything of the old Sebring MGAs racing/parading?

Who knows, next year maybe......

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
vettefan

Laguna Seca '05

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 11:48:26 pm »

Hello!  It was great to meet those of you that made it to Turn 10.  Sorry we got rained out and didn't get to camp and know you better.  Oh well, next year!
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 12:11:16 am »

In the immortal lines from the Life of Brian I can only say "you lucky, lucky b*ast*rds....."

MG Mark
welcome back you mottly crew, glad to hear you are all save and hung over.
 I trust you hated every bit of it

Andy
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 03:25:37 am »

The moose arrived home all in one piece. Nice to meet so many old friends and a few new ones. Weather was not up to Sebring's usual standard but we did OK despite some strong winds and rain. Thanks Bob for my 'milk"
I did see the MG's race and looked at them in the paddock. various models of MGA all in good shape. You would have liked it Mark. Chop good to see you again and I was proud to down a Miller in order to provide the snow cap to your mountain which was the best at Sebring 2007 ( as I did not see any others no contest really Grin) DfH were out in force. adding new meaning to the term PARTY Roll Eyes No Panic pulled off mission impossible and arrived with nnot only Old Thumper but a whole selection of fine ale. Well done that man Cool
Thank you very much. Wishy we could have brewed you a cup of tea over at Pidge land if you had mentioned it angel
Phil
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 08:12:26 am »

Mark,

Nopanic and I managed to get up to the show in Old Sebring and took a few pictures of the cars up there. I will put some up when I have worked out how to reduces the size of pictutres.

Wishy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: