Club Arnage
October 07, 2024, 09:35:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hotels in Le Mans?  (Read 8461 times)
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2007, 05:25:38 pm »

I know the topic is a little unusual as most are campers but I have been trying with absolutely no success to obtain a hotel booking in Le Mans centre for a reasonable night's kip this year, somewhere in the town centre.

Before anyone mentions it we have been trying for over a year and I am aware that most accommodation is pre-booked well in advance, so we decided to try establishments those that will only take bookings up to 90 days ahead (Etap, Formula 1 etc.) but still no success. When the on line booking system reached the date when we should have been able to book (last Saturday 11th) the night is already shown as full. I guess they have also taken advanced bookings a long time ago, even if their sites say they don't.

Can anyone over in the area reconmmend anyone/anywhere, or are we out of luck?

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 09:11:51 am »

Have you tried......

Le Mans Tourist Information

Tel: 0033 243 281722
Fax: 0033 243 281214

They might be able to find you something.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 09:33:40 am »

Thanks Christopher - I have already e-mailed them and am awaiting a response. Just trying to cast the net as wide as possible....

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 09:40:21 am »

It doesn't help you now but allegedly if you set the clock on your PC forward, these etap type systems allow you to book before the 90 day period.  I've never tried it but I heard it from a good source....
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 02:02:13 pm »

It doesn't help you now but allegedly if you set the clock on your PC forward, these etap type systems allow you to book before the 90 day period.  I've never tried it but I heard it from a good source....

Mmmmm interesting one that - I would have expected the on-line booking to rely on their own system date/time reference but stranger things have happened.

Would your source have a large quantity of rooms booked at Etap then  Wink

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 03:58:26 pm »

Maybe you could sleep in the 35 ounce?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 05:10:38 pm »

Maybe you could sleep in the 35 ounce?

Huh??

Ah yes, now I understand. Slept in the Sube once but at least the seats reclined to almost horizontal in that!

What we're looking for is a more comfortable alternative to the usual on-site camping or sleeping in the car option.

Edited once I understood where you were coming from....
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 05:15:51 pm by pretzel » Logged

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 06:23:02 pm »

Good name huh?  Wink

But makes a terrible bedroom and en suite.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 10:25:32 pm »

If it helps I have friends here (french and no english) at Mulsanne offering B&B.
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 02:39:49 pm »

If it helps I have friends here (french and no english) at Mulsanne offering B&B.

Thanks for that lynxd67, I'll bear it in mind.

24hourman
CA Veteran

Racing is life everything else is just waiting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 01:39:07 pm »

All hotels within the Le Mans catchment area are normally booked years in advance for the Race weekend. When the Green hotel was being built a few years ago the wife of my friend was adamant that she did not wish to camp the following year. She  tried to book the Just completed  Green hotel and it was fully booked for the next three years for the Le Mans weekend

If you are looking for a hotel you are better looking to an area outside Le Mans like Alencon however at this late stage you may also find  a problem in getting accomodation. Anyway best of luck.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 01:41:12 pm by 24hourman » Logged

pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 12:06:12 am »

All hotels within the Le Mans catchment area are normally booked years in advance for the Race weekend. When the Green hotel was being built a few years ago the wife of my friend was adamant that she did not wish to camp the following year. She  tried to book the Just completed  Green hotel and it was fully booked for the next three years for the Le Mans weekend

If you are looking for a hotel you are better looking to an area outside Le Mans like Alencon however at this late stage you may also find  a problem in getting accomodation. Anyway best of luck.

Thanks 24hourman, I am well aware of the problem of getting a booking, esp in the immediate area. We have hotel accommodation some 40km away from the circuit and even that is a case of 'dead mans shoes' when it comes to making sure of a booking for the following year, and we always book on leaving i.e. a year ahead.  Looks like for a place a bit nearer we'll just have to trust to luck and maybe get a booking in for next year, or maybe the year after....

Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 08:33:57 pm »

My boss is  planning to visit LM on 2008, (a veteral of many GPs in Europe) and she and her husband just don't do camping.  Now a hotel in LM is out of the question, but can anyone

1.  recommend a good hotel withing a reasonable range (e.g. Tours)
2.  give some idea of the traffic problems on Saturday morning, and how to book parking
3.  work out how my drunken friends and I can avoid them for 36 hours

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
IanS
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 09:22:42 pm »

Try Hotel St Lious in La Sauze sur Sarthe 16km away, they has one double left last week.  Great village to stay in and easy to reach circuit.  www.hotel-saint-lious.fr

Book aerodrome or expo parking and it straight off motorway

This may help,
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 10:31:18 pm »

It's a long shot at this stage but try "Le Point du Jour" St Cosme en Vairais, 02 43 97 55 17

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: