Club Arnage
October 07, 2024, 09:27:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chevy Corvette - Victory Edition  (Read 3233 times)
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« on: March 08, 2007, 07:12:47 pm »

The Chevy Corvette has been a formidable opponent in sports car racing, particularly at the 24 Hours of Le Mans where it's ruled its class every year since 2001. As such, Chevrolet will bestow upon Europeans a very limited edition 'Victory Edition' model of the Corvette to celebrate the cars aptitude for auto racing. Only 250 units will be produced of the 'Victory Edition', which features either a Black or Velocity Yellow paint job that mimics the colors of the real race cars. Out back each car is fitted with a body-colored wide rear spoiler and sits atop a set of Competition Grey aluminum wheels. The interiors will get contrasting stitching on their two-tone leather seats, as well as Competition Grey sill plates to match the wheels, faux-carbon fiber trim and of course a numbere badge to cement each car's collector status. Other than that, these cars are a basic loaded Corvette Coupe, which feels anything but basic when you're behind the wheel of one.

Its good when a car manufactures celebrates Le Mans.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 07:21:52 pm by nopanic » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 10:26:46 pm »

However, it doesn't sound like they're doing much other than sticking a few bits on the car.  I'd say true celebration means under the hood, in the suspension or the gearbox - not faux carbon!

As a c6 owner, this limited edition news doesn't stir my loins very much.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 10:42:04 pm »

True,

But what is odd about this one?

« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 10:44:48 pm by nopanic » Logged

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 10:50:30 pm »

That someone has reversed the image in photoshop to make it look like it's right hand drive and then superimposed a fake number plate onto it?!"?!
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 10:59:00 pm »

That would be simple - the answer is
It's got the same 505 HP, 427 engine as the U.S. Z06, the same 325/30s in back, and, of course, the same 6-speed short throw transmission. But soon after landing on Australia's shores, Performax International gets to work sliding that leather-wrapped wheel from the left side to the right. Sound simple? Um, no.

The crew at Performax must first remove the factory interior, make a completely new dashboard, move the airbags, move the pedals, and put the parking brake nearer the driver's new position. Except for the fender-mounted side indicator lamp just below the Z06 logo, the finished product, as you can see here, looks no different than if it had just rolled out of Bowling Green. Except for the whole steering wheel on the wrong side thing.

Rearranging all the bits and pieces inside a high-end Vette does not come cheap. In the States, a Z06 will cost a minimum of $70,000 MSRP. Buying one in Australia with the steering place on the wrong side will run you about $190,000. Them's American dollars, by the way.

Nice car, but would you pay that much!

alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 10:03:27 pm »

thats a lot of shekels..... whats a matter with with the home grown Holdens and FPV's?
http://www.fpv.com.au/downloads/video/current.aspx

<edited to fix bad link - Steve>
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 10:44:34 pm by Steve Brown » Logged

been there done that doing it again !
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 10:21:32 pm »

Here's another Victory edition.  It was yellow the day before, I swear it....  Repainted overnight in honour of Mr R Fellows.  Nice one, P&M!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 08:18:55 pm »

Here's another Victory edition.  It was yellow the day before, I swear it....  Repainted overnight in honour of Mr R Fellows.  Nice one, P&M!

You see the burgandy stripes on the front wheel arch, well the one on the drivers side has been done to match Ron's helmet! Apparently they have released a special edition street car in this colour scheme (I think it was 399 cars).............all of which sold out in record time!

I'm not sure if Julian may have taken a shot of the wing when we went up to the paddock to see them on Sunday morning.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: