Club Arnage
September 22, 2024, 11:28:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Honda F1  (Read 4151 times)
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2007, 01:08:09 pm »

someone at honda's been on the mushrooms again!! Shocked
http://world.honda.com/news/2007/c070226HondaF1/photo/
http://world.honda.com/news/2007/c070226HondaF1/index.html

chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 01:11:39 pm »

Reminds me a bit of the crocodile-livery R8 that ran only at Adelaide.

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
enzo
CA Veteran

!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 01:56:27 pm »

Band wagon and jumping comes to mind !!
They have ten more sponsors than last year already because of this decission to save the world by the worlds largest producer of fossil fuel burning engines  Huh

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
DickieAttwood
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 11:22:35 pm »

Channel 4 news'  [UK] was trying to give Honda F1 a hard time tonight, they did the groundwork by calculating the 'carbon footprint'  Roll Eyes of each F1 car. Then got some lentilist to go off on one  Roll Eyes and then Jon Snow tried to give a Honda F1 chap [Fry I think his name was] a hard time over it Roll Eyes. Chap Fry did well, he said 'pi55 off until you know what you're talking about'  [more or less anyway]

Stand by for more  Angry

D.A.

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money. The sh1t has hit the fan.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 11:50:11 pm »

I really don't get this Carbon Footprint stuff.

Personally I'm not in to this F1 stuff.  But lots of people are.

Give me real numbers.    What is the Carbon footprint of an F1 car in races for the season.  What is the Carbon footpint of Johnny Two Jags/Jabs/Shags.   

Ok I pay for the F1 in my purchases of Shell over Murco or cos I have a Renault and so on but that's my choice so to speak.
I have no choice with Johnny.  I just open my pay packet and say to the tax man leave me what you think I need.  (or thats the way it seems.)

IMNSHO.  Yes we need to get green.  But we don't need to do it today.   We don't need to do it tomorrow,  ... We don't to do it next year,  We don't need to do it in ten years. 

We need to do it two hundred years ago.

Then you hear about some stupid Bint in the states so desparate to recycle here christmas cards she sent them to the Isle of Wight.  How Green is that?

Sorry I'm in a particularly GOM state today.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 08:50:37 am »

It was the same story on the BBc news, Honda have done well to bring forward the debate and were clearly well prepared for the questions so gave a good account of themselves and motorsport in general.

Motorsport is going to be an easy target in the coming years.

As an aside i wonder how green it is is to have thousands of Footie fans travel from london to wales at the weekend?

I hope someone remembered to plant some trees.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 09:31:27 am »

Motorsport is going to be an easy target in the coming years.

It already is really, and those who see the writing on the wall are trying to respond in different ways.  At international level, you have this with Honda, plus the likes of the ACO with the "no visible smoke at any time " requirement from diesel-engined cars (although that one is relatively easy to get round depending on what you refine your diesel from), and the ACO's encouragement over the years of alternative entrants.   

On a more local level, the control tyre for the British Off-Road Championship this year is a road-biased, all-terrain tyre rather than the mud terrain tyres we ran last year, to minimise environmental damage.  We shall see how quite much environmental damage is minimised on Round One next month as we sruggle for grip......   

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 10:29:15 am »

When they said it was going to be covered in a picture of earth, I thought it was going to be sponsored by google.......    Grin

* Image6.jpg (68.34 KB, 650x360 - viewed 218 times.)

If you're going through hell, keep going.
enzo
CA Veteran

!!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 11:00:45 am »

Jenson the savour of british motorsport (Sarcasm), said that F1 is carbon neutral because they plant lots of trees in mexico or somewhere like that.

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
DickieAttwood
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 12:13:48 pm »

1.Motorsport is going to be an easy target in the coming years.

2. As an aside i wonder how green it is is to have thousands of Footie fans travel from london to wales at the weekend?

1. Quite right & all forms of the sport are feeling the pressure now. [ask mgmark!]
2. Yes this is  the point for my money. Shall we all stay on the island then? Follow Jon Snow's argument and he'll have no reporters to talk to 'live from wherever it is this week'

Lawnmower man has a right to the numbers and all the numbers. They gave some on  CH4 last night which is what got right up my nose too. They know full well that people [in general] would consider their calculation result to be a high number and maybe Honda F1's strategy needs challenging. I'm not really following F1 but Fry stood his ground last night and made the point for Motor Racing and HondaF1 are taking the fight to the greens.

D.A.

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money. The sh1t has hit the fan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: