Club Arnage
September 23, 2024, 05:34:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: breakfast in France  (Read 12159 times)
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 02:57:41 pm »

We usually take the scenic route (no traffic or cops!!) via. St.Lo, Torgini, Vire, Tinchebray, Domfront, Ambreys-les-valees, Mayenne and across to St. Saturnin. Nice route and fast roads. Oh and the odd flat out D-type or 356!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 11:16:11 pm »

sounds good will get my map down and have a look later, how about pit-stops?

been there done that doing it again !
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2007, 12:10:38 pm »

As and when needed really. We don't eat on the Comet for obvious reasons so stop for food in St. lo. We are usually out of fags by Mayenne and then gun it straight down to Carrefour for copious quantities of alcohol and meat. Mmmm. But we're flexible, hoping to cheer H on at some point of the route too.

Dick Dasterdly was right
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2007, 05:44:04 pm »

cool sounds good to me, what time would you aticipate getting to L/M cos I want to have enough time to get set up and then down to join termie at Mulssane corner for the eve practice?

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2007, 06:15:32 pm »

Ferry landing time plus 3 hours for the run down inc stops and a hour at Carrefour. Plus an hour getting lost. And another trying to get the monkeys back in the van- they tend to wonder off a lot. Trying tagging this year for an easier life!

Dick Dasterdly was right
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2007, 06:46:42 pm »

trying to get the monkeys back in the van- they tend to wonder off a lot.

That's good work, I've suggested keeping chickens on Maison Blanche before, but I've never dreamed of taking down a van load of monkeys. I'm not surprised they wander off though, it's long time to be cooped up, we're not talking tortoises in a boot here.
I'd suggest cutting a small hole in the centre of the roof, just large enough for one of them to poke his head through and watch the countryside go past. They could take turns, it'd be a break from writing sonnets.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 09:21:20 pm »

Ferry landing time plus 3 hours for the run down inc stops and a hour at Carrefour. Plus an hour getting lost. And another trying to get the monkeys back in the van- they tend to wonder off a lot. Trying tagging this year for an easier life!

mmmm......think that I had better stick to plan A , I take it you will be on safari ? going for the big 5 or is it 6 I cant remember Grin

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2007, 10:46:20 am »

Seriously, i'm hoping to be there around mid aft. Not sure about this zoning and pitch size business so need to crack on and get set up. They have been told that the traditional ceremony of wandering up and down Carrefour muttering about 'f***ing lager making them bloated' for two hours will not make yorkshire bitter magicaly appear amongst the beverages, it is not Hogwarts and will not be tolerated this year. This is why we miss most of the early qual session every year!

Dick Dasterdly was right
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2007, 11:45:17 pm »

Nice one ,I will need to pick up some local produce (bier d'alsace) and some steak hash etc my advance party should have sorted pitch etc but I do want to see the eve session down at mulssane corner how bout yourselves? btw will go down on pushbike I expect Grin I should be at Poole terminal around 0630hrs (i only live 10mins away lol) will buy you a coffee and sort plan of attack ok?

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2007, 09:25:34 am »

We'll be going down Tet R in time for the historic stuff if they are out and back to Mulsanne for last session. Not sure what time we will be at poole, we're setting of at lunch on wed and having a real steady run down. Pint and some food outside Red Lion in Avebury about 8, then camp out somewhere on Salisbury plain and grab a few hours kip. It'll be the last sleep we get til sunday night if previous years are anything to by!   
 We couldn't find coffee at Poole last time.

Dick Dasterdly was right
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2007, 08:10:35 pm »

there is a truck stop on left as you enter the terminal look left as you go over railway lines am not sure of the open hours , or coffee shop on right once you are in and waiting to get on boat, well it was there last year !!!  Shocked

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: