Club Arnage
September 23, 2024, 03:31:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: breakfast in France  (Read 12143 times)
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2007, 10:54:46 pm »

Im taking the family to France this year.I am on the 7am arrival boat into Caen .Having been on this loads of time but always with the motorhome,I havent needed to stop for brekkie.
This year though i'll be in car with missus and two teenagers(Kevin and Perry)
Can you recommend somewhere to eat near Caen area
Pm
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 04:56:45 am »

Hi PM,
         While interested to see other posts. Brekkie is the least of my worries ... still trying to figure out how to get to France  Grin
 How about the cathederal parking lot in Sees. Take some of AJ's famous Jambon and pick up a couple of Baggette down the street Grin Cool Shocked.
 I recommend the Pain Chocolat  Grin
Serious for a minute ( about as long as I can hold it) there are a few places in Ouistreham(?) that seem to be open when we drive through.
Kandaha
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 08:33:37 am »

hi Phil

Glad to see you are still about.Sorry about LM this year but it would prove impossible to do our usual trip.AJ is looking at a new business venture,so diesnt want to commit to the holiday or the cost,and Griff is racing in Spa the same weekend...andd me in a tent,no way,weve been too spoilt with the Winnie.
We are trying to arrange a trip though,maybe to prequal.
This will be the first year ive taken two weeks off,in ten years or so but iwill be forcing the family on a guided tour of LM on the way down south in august.
Hope you get there..I know you will

PM
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 09:15:13 am »

Used to do that trip for quite a few years, before Dover/Calais made more sense in terms of locations/costs.  with everything normally shut in Ouistreham and not wishing to head into Caen itelf, I always used to head down the road and stop at Falaise - about 30 minutes run off the boat, lovely market square and 2 or 3 good cafes always open. 

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 11:21:30 am »

PM, as Mgmark, states we also stop on the square in Falaise, for the breakie, couple of good cafes and a pleasent early morning stroll around the lake.
Brian.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 02:13:54 pm »

PM have a nice holiday but don't bank on getting a proper breakfast anywhere. Coffee and pastry is about the limit I'm afraid. The French don't "do" brekky as the Brits understand the word. And don't start me on eating cheese that early in the morning, it's not civilised in my opinion. Cheese is for in a lunchtime sandwich or eating after an evening meal. Take your own bacon and sausages to be on the safe side.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 08:07:56 am »

It all depends if you are in a hurry, because I've tried all routes to Le Mans from Caen and the most civilsed place for breakfast after such an early start would be to turn right at Falaise for Putanges Pont Ecrepin and eat at the hotel Le Lion Verd in the square. Right next to the river and from there on you can take the scenic route through the backroads to Le Mans.
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 11:13:10 pm »

Falaise sounds good, maybe pop in myself for some oef jambon et haricots au tomates around 9am ish on the thurs anybody else be about then?

been there done that doing it again !
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 09:48:43 am »

We sometimes stop in Falaise for Brekkie but the barrel o monkeys that i usually go down with insist on McDodgys to cure ferry hang over. I think a strong coffee and stroll around the lake would be much nicer. We're on the vomit comet to c'burg this year so will be looking further west, prob St. lo. Anyone on that early Poole crossing on thurs?

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 06:41:43 pm »

I might try Falaise.

Ouistreham, has a couple of cafes open by 8am (either side of the Broche d'Argent at the corner of the dock carpark) We've used them going out), but they are a bit grim, but good enough for coffee, et croissant

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 11:26:28 pm »

We sometimes stop in Falaise for Brekkie but the barrel o monkeys that i usually go down with insist on McDodgys to cure ferry hang over. I think a strong coffee and stroll around the lake would be much nicer. We're on the vomit comet to c'burg this year so will be looking further west, prob St. lo. Anyone on that early Poole crossing on thurs?

Yup there will be me and the RS, what are you in this year? Grin

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 06:13:48 pm »

Well plan A (same annually failed plan A as the last 4 years) was to finish the resto (10th anniv of 'just tidying her up a bit' last month) on my old Fintail Merc and travel down in  teutonic luxury. Plan B was to take my Alfa Bertie down but chest freezers, Gazebos, BBQs etc won't fit so will take the race support van down again instead. Loads of room for 6 of us and 240v makes it the dull but practical option. Always regret it when going past St. saturnin. Maybe next year will take the old girl down.

Dick Dasterdly was right
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 11:22:57 pm »

Well plan A (same annually failed plan A as the last 4 years) was to finish the resto (10th anniv of 'just tidying her up a bit' last month) on my old Fintail Merc and travel down in  teutonic luxury. Plan B was to take my Alfa Bertie down but chest freezers, Gazebos, BBQs etc won't fit so will take the race support van down again instead. Loads of room for 6 of us and 240v makes it the dull but practical option. Always regret it when going past St. saturnin. Maybe next year will take the old girl down.

Ahh............looks like you will be having a gentle saunter down then Undecided at least you or your partners in crime will be able to admire the veiw then lol, anyway will say hi @ poole on thurs morning and see what fun the day brings but I am hoping to see the action on thursday eve at mulsanne corner with termie and his posse so me and the fix or repair daily will have to keep pressing on  angel

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2007, 09:13:57 am »

Ah but Chris- the van is a good piece of kit, EBC brakes, billies, a chip and larger intercooler, it will shift! We plan to be there around mid aft via Carrefour and get set up in time for practice. What route are you taking?  I believe a certain chap on a bike will be somewhere along the road from Cherb'g to LM on thursday. Must try not to run him over eh?

Dick Dasterdly was right
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 11:35:29 am »

ah ha .seems like you have a wolf in sheeps clothing shame I got rid of my old mk6 van could have had some fun lol! anyway Im open to any sugestions but I normally go cherbourg, caen,onto the N158 falaise,agentan,right turn onto the N138 at sees, then blatt down to L/M , obligatory stop for breakie/brunch (not a burger donald) on way.  Grin

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: