Club Arnage
September 20, 2024, 07:31:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Booking for 2008  (Read 47461 times)
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 12:43:31 pm »

...........and would obviously want it sorted ASAP! (after this years of course Wink )

Rolls

That would be your first mistake if booking with the ACO (and most people on CA book direct with the ACO).

If you follow the thread above, we are talking about submitting orders at Test w/e at the latest, ie 2 weeks before this year's race.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Rolls

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 02:06:51 pm »

Oh, ok -
So how do you have to register interest with at test weekend?
Cheers
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2007, 02:29:19 pm »

Oh, ok -
Cheers

Download the booking form from:

http://www.lemans.org/sport/sport/calendrier/pdf/bon_commande_gb.pdf

Change the 2007 to 2008 (make it obvious), fill in your requirements (don't enter any pricing data - it will be different next year), mail or fax the form to the ACO.  You can then sit back and sweat your b*llocks off for 6 months before you find out what you have been allocated  Cry Cry

NB:  On the form, 'Lay-by' = camp site, and you won't have a Client No yet.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2007, 02:34:23 pm »

I've just downloaded the booking form for the first time in years - I usually just send in my order in 'free format'.  It has changed a lot since I last saw it!!

Anyone ever used the 'Remarks' column successfully??  It appears to me that you can ask for, eg, particular seats in a tribune.

I wonder if we could use this to specify particular pitch numbers on the campsites??

Keep it in mind, Termie, for your 'chat' with the nice people at the ACO.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2007, 02:53:42 pm »

and you won't have a Client No yet.

[/quote]

ooops.. termie have you got tippex? Shocked

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2007, 03:15:55 pm »

Worry not, Fagey, my client number has been the same for the last 6 years (not so the one after the / which is the booking number!)  They don't change year on year.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Rolls

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2007, 05:27:22 pm »

Oh, ok -
Cheers

Download the booking form from:

http://www.lemans.org/sport/sport/calendrier/pdf/bon_commande_gb.pdf

Change the 2007 to 2008 (make it obvious), fill in your requirements (don't enter any pricing data - it will be different next year), mail or fax the form to the ACO.  You can then sit back and sweat your b*llocks off for 6 months before you find out what you have been allocated  Cry Cry

NB:  On the form, 'Lay-by' = camp site, and you won't have a Client No yet.

Del

Superb -  cheers for the info!  Cheesy Cheesy
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2007, 11:49:39 pm »

I'm not sure if this should be a separate topic. 

If we turned CA in to a real club i.e with membership.   Mostly to finance CA as I sugggested in http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=6529.0

Then another advantage of membership could be a ticket office.   So instead of simply sending our forms to Termie or the ACO we send them to the CA ticket office.   The CA ticket office then consolodates all of the orders in to one mega order and submits that to the ACO.

That may appleal to the ACO as in theory it's less work for them.

In theory the CA Ticket Office should be able to offer a discount to members over the normal price since it would buy in bulk so a General Entrance Ticket would only cost €55 instead of the standard €61.

If the CA Ticket office were allowed to use the ACO membership advantages of those ACO members who are be willing to  order though CA the  cost could be even smaller.  Since it may be possible to use up the Members unused Discounts. 

For example :-
I'm  Sorting out tickets for 10 people with 6 cars  We have 2 ACO Members in our group,  so in theory,  If anyone wanted we could get a further 6 Discounted Camping tickets and 2 more Discounted Entrance tickets.

Of course it's not going to be as simple as that. 

I'd happily Volunteer to do the consolodation and so on.  But I guess it would also need the Termietermite services too for liasion with the ACO.

What do you Think?

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2007, 12:48:58 pm »

Not a bad idea, Tom, although it has been brought up before in a slightly less 'organised' fashion.

Some problems spring to my mind.

I use all my membership allocation for GA tickets so would not benefit in any way.  However, I am sure that a deal could be struck with the ACO for a bulk purchase - I'm sure Messrs MRI, Just Tickets etc don't pay Series A rate for what they purchase.

Also consider the liability.  CA, or you, would be liable for the payment of all tickets ordered, and as we all know, circumstances change in the 12+ months between ordering and attending, and there will undoubtedly be 'non-payers'.

CA, or you, would also come in for stick if (when) some people could not get what they asked for, and could well result in, again, non-payment.

It would be 'infradig' for those lucky people on the 'magic' list to be demoted back to the ranks   Wink Wink

I think this is something that may be worth developing, but we should 'evolve' into it rather than rush into things.  Termie's offer for 2008 orders is a good starting point - we should monitor the numbers and feedback later to determine if it is worth developing.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2007, 07:10:25 pm »

I agree with Del.  I think it could be a real minefield for the organiser.  I've been let down myself in the past by people who were "definately" coming and it's a nightmare if you end up paying for tickets you didn't want (luckily somebody on CA helped me out - ta again, Brian).  You (or whoever) could end up with a big liability, certainly in the short term, and as Del says, be blamed for all sorts of things - lost tickets etc. Also, I doubt if the ACO would view us in the same way that they do Just Tickets et al.  I think it would only work if we all wanted the same things - a group booking in the same campsite/grandstand etc but that is just never going to happen is it?  Let's try this and see what happens, hmm?
If anybody has any "spare" ACO membership allocation, couldn't we just do this through the forum, as we do with spare tickets?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2007, 08:39:47 pm »

DelBoy,

I agree with all your points.   

I know in the past Smokie sounded out a Bulk purchase of tickets in the hope of getting a larger allocation of MB Tickets but was only offered BSJ.  I'm not sure how things turned out with JPC and his bulk purchase of Entrance tickets last year.  There may be others.

I can also see those that get their desired allocation each year may be reluctant to move to what is in effect a new supplier.

Your point about the monitary side of things will be the biggest headache.   

Non the less I do think that it should be possible to draw up some guideline that woudl be acceptable to all.

T.

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2007, 02:33:42 am »

Tm

Its taken 4 years to get the t shirts ordering sorted.

Te first year i was well out of pocket, the second year was a £1 loss, then £1 profit, last year i lost £38 due to posty or ?? . . . .

so who would take on the responsiblity ??

Take life by the horns and live it.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2007, 11:13:14 am »

Tm

Its taken 4 years to get the t shirts ordering sorted.

Te first year i was well out of pocket, the second year was a £1 loss, then £1 profit, last year i lost £38 due to posty or ?? . . . .

so who would take on the responsiblity ??

Yes the responsibility for the monitary side of things would be the biggest problem.   Lets face it if everyone that has gone for a T-Shirt this year went for tickets worth £60 that £6,000+.  I for sure wouldn't want the responsibility for that.   It would need to be done on proper Commercial but "Not for Profit" basis.

t.

LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2007, 12:48:37 pm »

I know the feeling, I already have some doubts sometimes within our relativly small group about responsibility for finances, cause all arrangements with suppliers and rentals are made on a personal base. I wouldn't want to take it upon me for a group of 100, where I can't recall the face of at least 60% of 'm.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2007, 04:41:33 pm »

I agree, most people are good about their finances, others just let stuff linger. since we use some many different sites, it will probably never come to ordering a big chunk all at once.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: