Club Arnage
September 23, 2024, 11:16:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daytona 500 Fiasco  (Read 10247 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2007, 09:00:03 am »

Or alternatively download TVU Player from http://www.tvunetworks.com/downloads/player.htm , Install the program, open it and find the channel labeled "53060 - Wheels".

That's pretty awesome, I had heard about internet TV services but never tried one. A SpeedTV showing of a truck race from Daytona has just started.

The TVU page has some links to other internet TV services, which cost not a lot. Are they any good?
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2007, 08:06:15 pm »

Well to be honest Smokie, most Internet TV channels suck I think.
Only boring content, Chinese commentators, reruns of things that you donot want to see anyway and most of them disappear in no time.

I found out the last 6 months or so that this TVU p2p thing works fine when you have a proper Internet connection and it is apparantly here to stay.

Never tried and actually didn't see the paychannel links to those other channels (hey I'm cheap  Wink ) but maybe if you check the forum on TVU http://www.viidoo.com/en/index.php you might find out more.

Enjoy the race tomorrow,

Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2007, 01:14:06 pm »

Hey this TVU is brilliant, will Speed be broadcasting Sebring for those of us who are unfortunately not attending in person?
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2007, 05:53:11 pm »

Hey this TVU is brilliant, will Speed be broadcasting Sebring for those of us who are unfortunately not attending in person?
Hi Jay,
           Go here for schedule.
http://www.speedtv.com/home.php
Phil
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2007, 06:57:32 pm »

HI

Doesn't seem to work on a Mac, unless someone knows different.

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2007, 07:27:30 pm »

Sebring will also be live on Motors, as well as 6 other ALMS races (the remainder will be recorded).

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2007, 08:05:47 pm »

Race is not on Speed TV but on Fox on the TVU apparantly.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2007, 08:24:34 pm »

Channel 5, rather than Eurosport or Motors, has this in the uk (Midnight)

Must be worth watching the first 15 minutes

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2007, 08:45:39 pm »

Excellent Speed will have Sebring on for those of us without Motors TV
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2007, 03:25:00 am »

Really pleased that you can get some of the US ALMS coverage over in Europe - but did any of you bother to watch the 500?
OK, it was roundy, roundy - but sh*t, what a finish. I was really rootin' for the old git, Mark Martin.
As a post-script, you always know when it's been a good 500, when someone crosses the finish-line on his roof!

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2007, 03:50:07 am »

Hi Matt,

Yes i watched it on the TVU on the PC. Like you say what i wild finish and i was also up for Mark Martin to win it and he must have been gutted to lose it that way.

Now sat up watching it on the big screen with taped delayed coverage on C5, to make make sure the DVD recorder doesn't stop before the end of the coverage.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2007, 09:54:48 am »

i managed to watch the first 3 laps before i passed out with narcolepsy .... too much work and a soft sofa killed my chances of seeing anymore.

ts bound tobe re-played at some point....

Take life by the horns and live it.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2007, 03:35:47 pm »

There's a quite interesting postscript to all this - that kind of highlights NASCAR's inability to interpret or enforce it's own rules.
In order to try to eliminate yellow flag finishes, NASCAR introduced a new procedure, whereby, if there was a caution at the end of the race, it would go into 'overtime', allowing one green lap and one under the white (last lap) - after the caution is lifted. However, if ANOTHER caution takes place in overtime, the race is called, by track position AT THE INSTANT the race goes yellow.
Well, that's exactly what happened at the 500. The field was actually stopped on the track, while debris from the wreck that caused the yellow was cleaned up. At the re-start, Mark Martin had two laps to run to take his first 500 win in 24 attempts.
It is true that Kevin Harvick got one hell of a run on him, for the chequered flag, but HAD NOT passed Martin at the time of the monumental pile-up behind them - which naturally sent the race yellow again. At this point NASCAR should have frozen the race - and had they done so, Mark Martin would have been the clear winner.
For some reason NASCAR didn't apply it's rule. I wonder why not?

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2007, 05:23:07 pm »

For some reason NASCAR didn't apply it's rule. I wonder why not?

Because we're NASCAR and we'll do things hyever we wanna' do 'em and there ain't a nuthin' you can do about it, ya' hear?  Get back to watchin yer' damn pointy cars, grumble grumble.

How's that?  Grin

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2007, 02:36:18 am »

After watching that fiasco, I revert to my previous feelings about NASCAR....Pro wrestling on wheels!
Artificially close racing via "restrictor plates" equals massive crashes, which the beer swilling 'good ole' boys" love.  All which resulted in one of the most butt-ugly "races" I've ever seen.  Might as well make it a figure eight layout for full effect.
Fax
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: