Club Arnage
September 23, 2024, 01:31:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Loeb at LM  (Read 7412 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2007, 05:18:41 pm »

And seriously cute.... Tongue
If "cute" means baisable, then I prefer Mlle Ickx, or as a rally driver, Michelle Mouton. Wink
Don't fancy either of them myself, Christopher (although the great Ms Sheep is my all-time heroine)... can't think why. Wink

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2007, 06:21:05 pm »

Neither of the Pescarolos will be a diesel, Sebastiens website translator made a bit of a boob. Both will be Judd powered.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56784

The report in AutoSport is that one of the pesca's will be diesel pwered.

But seeing as there is no mention of it anywhere else, this would be big news I think, and the seeming lack of a viable private diesel, I agree that it could be a mistake.................

But you never know, maybe Pesca has got something up his sleave and Leobs statement is very clear that one of the cars is deisel.

He also states there will be 3 Audis, 2 Joest and one Champion?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 06:26:03 pm by Nordic » Logged

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2007, 03:35:41 pm »

If it is true, then it will be the big diesel battle this year. Just wonder what engine will be in the back of the Pesca then? Surely not the Caterpillar diesel we saw in 2004.

Let's just hope for an interesting battle this year In LMP1, cause frankly, the last years were pretty dull. Watching the GT1 made more sense to me.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2007, 03:59:11 pm »

If it is true, then it will be the big diesel battle this year. Just wonder what engine will be in the back of the Pesca then? Surely not the Caterpillar diesel we saw in 2004.

Oh yes, the Taurus.  It blew lovely black smoke rings  Roll Eyes

Steve East Anglian cobras

Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2007, 08:48:39 pm »

Check DSC out, they phoned up Henri and asked him straight out and he said Loeb didn't know what he was talking about.

I think this reflects more on the quality of Autosports journalism.

Lifted from DSC I hope they don't mind.

A diesel-powered Pescarolo? Quoi?

Time to talk to Henri Pescarolo.

“I don’t know what Sebastien means,” says Henri. “For sure we won’t have a diesel-powered car. Both of our cars will be Judd-powered. I know that Sebastien is not happy with the diesel rules, and hopes that the rules will change for next year. This year he is going to concentrate on his C4.”

So that clears up that puzzle.

NB. Claude Foubert points out that it seems to be a simple translation error: the original French text makes no reference to a Pescarolo diesel, but suggests that the five diesel cars and the lead Pescarolo will be highly competitive.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 08:50:16 pm by Jay (Team Cannonball) » Logged
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 12:05:28 pm »

Seb told Ouest France (local newspaper) at the weekend that he may in fact still drive at LM. Huh

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: