Club Arnage
October 08, 2024, 04:12:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camping Passes  (Read 6589 times)
Martyn

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2007, 01:02:06 pm »

Well the ACO have royally screwed our group over with camping passes, offering us Beausejour only. And while we were waiting around for them, expecting to get what we were after (Karting Nord), it seems all the suppliers are now sold out of anything but Expo and Beausejour (and Tecnoparc, although the 2007 map suggests that Tecnoparc doesn't even exist this year, so that's a bit suspect).

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knew of any other suppliers, that aren't Justtickets, MotorracingInternational, SelectMotorRacing, 1st-Tickets or RaceTours.co.uk... or eBay of course!

...Long shot I know, but we really don't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere in Beausejour.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 01:08:33 pm by Martyn » Logged
rcutler
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 01:10:48 pm »

Look in the sell and swap section here on the forum. How many passes are you after? BSJ is improving every year and I believe has the best showers and facilities going. The main downside is the walk to the main village area.
Martyn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 01:22:17 pm »

We're after four.

We had our hearts set on being a bit more trackside. Last year we were on Bleu and suffered a massive amount of "can't be arsedness" on Sunday morning and didn't get to the track until about 2pm. We felt like we'd missed loads.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 01:25:23 pm »

Page & Moy sell them as part of a package but usually have a few to sell seperate. Get in quick.

www.1st4f1.com/ -

« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 01:53:56 pm by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Jimages

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 02:06:50 pm »

I'm in Martyn's group and had taken charge of the campsite etc, ACO proving to be spectacularly useless.

I emailed them this morning just to make sure of the allocation they gave us, and they have replied thus.

Dear Sir, Yes, it means when you ordered Karting Nord was fully booked. Best regards,

Why the hell they couldn’t have actually informed me of that when I ordered last year (not long after the 2006 race), is beyond me, because it has messed up quite a bit. In the future I shall not be wasting time with the ACO ticket service, I shall let my overdraft take care of things with just tickets good and early.

I have looked at Page & Moy, and whilst it is an option to get us on our preferred campsite, it doesn’t fit our plans at all well, and adds significantly to the cost for each person., which for many of us simply isn’t an option. With their self drive packages they take care of the ferry, but only with a 5 day return ticket. We plan on being there longer.

So realistically our options at the moment to avoid Beausejour, are techno park or being lucky enough to buy of someone else.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 10:56:29 pm »

I'm in Martyn's group and had taken charge of the campsite etc, ACO proving to be spectacularly useless.

I emailed them this morning just to make sure of the allocation they gave us, and they have replied thus.

Dear Sir, Yes, it means when you ordered Karting Nord was fully booked. Best regards,

Why the hell they couldn’t have actually informed me of that when I ordered last year (not long after the 2006 race), is beyond me, because it has messed up quite a bit. In the future I shall not be wasting time with the ACO ticket service, I shall let my overdraft take care of things with just tickets good and early.

I have to say, 'Jimages', that you are being a bit unfair about the ACO.

If you look at the 'I have my confirmation....' thread, you will see that I was royally p*ssed off a week or so back because I didn't get what I had ordered.   The ACO had lost my order, and by the time they found it, my preferred option had sold out.  This is the first time for years that they have screwed me up.

However, the ACO do not start allocating the orders until late in the year, so they have absolutely no idea until then, certainly not shortly after the previous race, that any given facility will be sold out. The orders are allocated on a strictly 'first come, first served' basis.  You also have to rember that this event is becoming ever more popular, so the earlier you order, the more chance you have of getting your choice.  Having been ordering tickets for more years than I like to remember, I know I am now ordering months ahead of when I used to - and I was going before the ordering process started, ie you just turned up at the gate (we used to use Houx before it was re-vamped), paid your money to the homme at the gate, and drove in.

I have looked at Page & Moy, and whilst it is an option to get us on our preferred campsite, it doesn’t fit our plans at all well, and adds significantly to the cost for each person., which for many of us simply isn’t an option. With their self drive packages they take care of the ferry, but only with a 5 day return ticket. We plan on being there longer.

I personally would not part with a farthing to Messrs P & M or any similar outfit - I'd rather pay face value for BSJ than do that!!

So realistically our options at the moment to avoid Beausejour, are techno park or being lucky enough to buy of someone else.

All I would suggest is that you watch the 'Sell or Swap' board and see what comes up.  For the past few years, there has been a flurry of available tickets nearer the time.  Even tickets on E*ay last year were going for face value a couple of weeks before the race.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Jimages

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 12:02:32 am »

To be honest I don't think I'm being unfair. If they knew it was going to be a problem allocating what someone requested, they should give prior warning, not just assume people will be happen being plonked in the middle of nowhere as an after thought with no alternatives. I'm sorry if someone doesn't agree with that point of view, but that is how I and my group see it.

We thought we were being better organised this year by being early, but somehow we have ended up worse off, than when we have done things later. So ofcourse we are going to be pissed off.

Had I had a better idea more than 6 months ago now that the ACO would stuggle to allocate my request, I certianly would not have gone through with it, and would have no grounds to feel hard done by.

As it happens, we are set to book Techno Park through Just Tickets tomorrow, providing ofcourse they haven't sold out since I spoke to them this morning.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 05:47:53 pm »

I think you were being incredibly naive Jimages.

I can tell you that for the 2008 race the ACO will have trouble supplying everyone with the tickets that they want, if I look a little closer into my crystal ball it'll probably be the same in 2009.

The booking system is cruddy but that's what it is and I'm surprised that anyone who hase been previously is surprised by the set up.  It's an incredibly popular event, the ACO stack bookings up in the order that they are received (from June the previous year) and then work through them. 

It's a bit like being surprised that there are no Glastonbury tickets a week after they are released!

Chill a little, track down what you need and relax
Jimages

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 08:37:54 pm »

Well what ever. We've learnt from it anyway, and will be making changes in the way we organise in future.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 09:17:35 pm »

Personaly I think the ACO do a pretty good job.  Well the one or two people that actualy do the ticket allocations.

When you think about it they provide tickets for perhaps 250,000 people.  I've no idea how many people advance book.
In my case I ordered Entrance, Camping and two different Grandstands.  I even sent them an amendment via email before I recieved my allocation.  I didn't get what I ordered but it was very close.  In fact so close I won't be that bothered if I don't get all the MB passes and Grandstand I'm after.  I even emailed them a change to my requirements after posting the confirmation and they alocated them for me within 2 hours.

The paper form you sumit your request on needs transcribing in to the Computer system.  It then needs adjusting to to accomodate the nearest available tickets.   The allocation then has to be printed (In your prefferd lanuage) put in an envelop and posted.
When they get the confirmation or cancelation that to has to be entered in to the system.

They also put you on a wait list if you don't get your first choice.  Last year they did change my allocation after I'd sent in my confirmation to give me the Grandstand I required.

So the process may be ugly but it does seem to work.  Even if they triple the size of MB it wouldn't be big enough.  So take what you can and enjoy.  Wherever you end up you'll have a good time unless you spend the week bemoaning the fact you didn't get the the Camping you wanted.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Jimages

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 10:44:47 pm »

Our main problem with Beausejour is that it is pretty much in the middle of no where, and a huge campsite. Although having taken a stroll through there in 2005 I can appreciate that it does have showers, and catering etc. But it’s huge and just goes on for miles. We just wanted to be a bit nearer to the action etc.

Mr Lawnmower, it sounds like you probably ordered a fair bit earlier than myself, and thus had a bit more flexibility. Where as I thought I had ordered fairly early but not early enough it seems. We’re not really interested in grandstand tickets etc, we just want to secure the basics and organise everything else ourselves.

I’m not faulting any particular person who happens to have the boredom of trying to make the best out of bad job, of course I know they don’t intentionally not give people what they want. It just would have been helpful for them to say  “look chum… there’s no way we’re going to be able to supply you with these” and show the alternatives. Yes I know this is pre allocation etc so nothing is set in stone, but they must have some idea. After all all the 3rd party agencies I’ve spoken to are quick to advise shopping around to cover yourself. I.e. not just assuming you’ll be perfectly happen to be in the middle of no where.

Not to worry, the milk is spilt now, no point in continuing to cry over it, We've sorted out some tickets to Technoparc via Just Tickets instead, which despite it's lack of shower facilities is a slightly shorter walk to the village. And I'm sure we can find ways of making the site more comfortable for ourselves. We did stay there after all in 2005.

I guess I will just have to be anally early in planning for 2008 and beyond.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 11:11:30 pm »

Jimages

Glad you got fixed up.

Always useful to remember that you can always get a shower at the swimming pool 'Atlantides'. Only a couple of miles away round the inner ring road - see the maps in the first (sticky)thread above.  The complex boasts 2 indoor and one outdoor pool with flumes, wave-maker, jacuzzi etc and only a couple of euros or so to get in.

If you do go, take swimming TRUNKS, not shorts - these are not allowed.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Jimages

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 11:22:34 pm »

Lol... what the crowds there like?

I'm considering mocking up some kind of rudimentry shower for the campsite... nothing to fancy.. just something to help have a quick wash in the mornings.

Some kind of water bag/container conected to a bit of shower hose/head.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 12:16:22 am »

Jimages,   BSJ is not that bad.  Sure it's big.  It's dusty if you get close to the road.  I've camped there three times in the last four years.  They run a suttle bus during the race and practice. The bus drops you at the roundabout so it's not really that bad.  Personally, I'd go for BSJ over Techno.   Of course it depends on when you get there if you leave it till late Friday your options are limited.

Untill a few years ago I used to just turn up and buy tickets on the day (Wednesday that is)  I've only once had a problem gettting a camping ticket and I solved that pretty easily. 

I've done my best mowing on BSJ the grass can be a bit long there.  There was very little to mow on MB last year.
Microwaveing CDs and anything else we could find was good on both sites though.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Have fun.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Jimages

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 12:54:40 am »

So far I've only been twice. So obviously I'm still somewhat of a novice compared to most of you chaps here.

In 2005 we had Technoparc... which is basically field with a tap and a toilet. but apart from that not to bad. We got there on the Wednesday evening whilst it was still nearly empty, and could pick and choose our spot.

Last year 2006, we went to Bleu, which has slightly better toilet facilities and a lot more taps. Personally I found this to involve less walking than Technoparc. Although it's quite difficult sometimes getting on bleu because the Lotus club have made it their own, so to speak.

We had intended to have Karting Nord this year, and were planning to arrive on the Monday, in an attempt to nab a spot by the fence to give ourselves the luxury of being able to watch some track action from our gazebos in the case of coming down with the lazy bug during the race. Unfortunately for use, down to my inexperience, this is not to be for this year, and we shall be returning to Technoparc, for one year only we hope. And shall probably arrive on the Tuesday instead. We’ll go a day later than planned because there will be no need to rush to grab a sport by the fence!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: