Club Arnage
September 22, 2024, 01:15:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Save The Red Arrows!!!  (Read 14620 times)
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2007, 10:21:37 pm »

I know many people dislike these petitions, but if you can find the time, please sign this one.

I know there are a few on here with a closer than most, connection to The Red Arrows.

Thanks.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/SaveTheReds/

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 10:35:17 pm »

I would be a great shame to see them disappear from the sky's due to another batch of government cutbacks......the next thing they will probably disband will be the army and air cadets as well......oh and our armed forces!!!!!

Done!
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 10:46:39 pm »

Done

Are these people really dedicated to destroying ALL forms of excellence in our society?

Disgusted of Streetly

Smiley

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 11:04:45 pm »

.... disband .... our armed forces!!!!!

Done!

I think that's already well advanced. Many support services are now PFId, or well on their way to being so.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 11:45:52 pm »

Hi
I have done it for myself and the missus. We are very fortunate to see an air display in the Channel Islands every year, which includes the Red Arrows. We are also top money raisers per capita.

Will also send the link to the local paper.

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 04:10:52 am »

I have signed it, but if i had a choice years ago, I would have dropped the Red Arrows to fund the last flying Vulcan instead.

In fact they could have paid for the repairs to be carried out on XH558 so she could have continued flying with the RAF Vulcan display flight for what it costs the RAF to operate the 10th and largely unseen back up Red Arrows Hawk for a year.

That was a no brainer for me, but we all know what happened with the Vulcan display flight.
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 07:54:58 am »

Chris the 10th Red Arrow is a spare so that for any display they can fly the famous Diamond9.

The thing is the Red's are reviewed every year.

Wooosh!!!!
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 08:45:26 am »

Done.

And now being dense.....but what is PFId?

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 08:49:58 am »

As the collective noun goes, what a wunch of bankers. From a government who can't estimate the cost of anything they do and waste billions. I'd quite happily kick Tony Blair and his brown nosers until my foot fell off. I also signed one yesterday at the same site against the roadpricing/car tracking. I'll not be signing the 'Replace the National Anthem with Spandau Ballets Gold' though.
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 08:56:32 am »

Done.

PFI is Private Finance Initiative. For example, the fire station where I work which the Local Authority owned, was knocked down and rebuilt in the same place and is now rented from Jarvis for 25 years. Ends up costing a fortune and the companies make vast amounts. The new M6 toll road is PFI over 25 years and the road has now been paid for in 3 years by the tolls generated. So virtually 22 years of pure profit are now left for the builders instead of the Government.
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 09:05:18 am »

Done.

PFI is Private Finance Initiative. For example, the fire station where I work which the Local Authority owned, was knocked down and rebuilt in the same place and is now rented from Jarvis for 25 years. Ends up costing a fortune and the companies make vast amounts. The new M6 toll road is PFI over 25 years and the road has now been paid for in 3 years by the tolls generated. So virtually 22 years of pure profit are now left for the builders instead of the Government.

Thanks for the explanation......but if it ends up costing more in the long term......why do it?

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 09:46:23 am »

Long may they continue to grace the skies and fire the imagination of young and old alike.

At the risk of opening a debate about the relative merits of the Thunderbirds, Blue Angels, Patrouille de France and the Frecce Tricolori, the Reds are, in the words of the Tina Turner song - simply the best, better than all the rest.....so sign up.....please. 

http://www.raf.mod.uk/reds/gallery.html

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 10:20:58 am »

Thanks for the explanation......but if it ends up costing more in the long term......why do it?

Because it's the only way that governments can make ends meet now. They sold off all the "state industries" during the Thatcher days to raise money, some went for a song. Maybe the most obvious was privatisation of the rail service, which is already costing the taxpayer an arm and a leg in subsidies to the operating companies. They have no industries left to sell, so they are selling other state owned assets and renting them back at vastly inflated costs (e.g. the HM Revenue and Customs real estate was sold to an offshore company), or getting private companies to build new hospitals then leasing them back. That way, capital projects (hospitals/schools etc) can be initiated now, which is what they want/need, and paid for later. In the services, and I stand to be corrected, many of the logistics operations and other ancillary operations are now carried out by private companies (e.g Halcrow move tanks, ALL services training is about to be handed to a private company). There are some very dodgy accountancy processes whereby a new PFI project is justified (versus maintaining the status quo). The real costs of PFI kick in later, so in years to come 1) the state will own no assets and 2) there will be an enormous debt burden to sustain. However it's all Good Stuff for the Chancellor, as the cost of PFIs somehow goes off the balance sheet and therefore keeps government debt below the magic 40% of GDP (currently £35bn is "off balance sheets", and rising). Many hospitals are having to lay off staff and defer other projects in order to service their PFI debts. And lastly as an example, the HM R&C deal mentioned above was initially costed at £1.5bn, over 20 years. It's recently been confirmed that it will now cost £3.4bn, before inflation. No wonder there is a healthy market in buying and selling existing PFI deals.

btw I am no expert on this stuff. I'm sure there is another side to the argument, and I this is not anti-Labour - the Tories started PFI.

I really should get out more... Smiley
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 10:42:34 am »

Because it's the only way that governments can make ends meet now. They sold off all the "state industries" during the Thatcher days to raise money, some went for a song. Maybe the most obvious was privatisation of the rail service, which is already costing the taxpayer an arm and a leg in subsidies to the operating companies. They have no industries left to sell, so they are selling other state owned assets and renting them back at vastly inflated costs (e.g. the HM Revenue and Customs real estate was sold to an offshore company), or getting private companies to build new hospitals then leasing them back. That way, capital projects (hospitals/schools etc) can be initiated now, which is what they want/need, and paid for later. In the services, and I stand to be corrected, many of the logistics operations and other ancillary operations are now carried out by private companies (e.g Halcrow move tanks, ALL services training is about to be handed to a private company). There are some very dodgy accountancy processes whereby a new PFI project is justified (versus maintaining the status quo). The real costs of PFI kick in later, so in years to come 1) the state will own no assets and 2) there will be an enormous debt burden to sustain. However it's all Good Stuff for the Chancellor, as the cost of PFIs somehow goes off the balance sheet and therefore keeps government debt below the magic 40% of GDP (currently £35bn is "off balance sheets", and rising). Many hospitals are having to lay off staff and defer other projects in order to service their PFI debts. And lastly as an example, the HM R&C deal mentioned above was initially costed at £1.5bn, over 20 years. It's recently been confirmed that it will now cost £3.4bn, before inflation. No wonder there is a healthy market in buying and selling existing PFI deals.

btw I am no expert on this stuff. I'm sure there is another side to the argument, and I this is not anti-Labour - the Tories started PFI.

I really should get out more... Smiley

Summed up perfectly Smokie. Apart from  it was the Tories idea and they did'nt do one PFI deal. It was Labour who changed the legislation to allow the deals to be done.
Now thats enough political stuff for today, cue up the Dambusters March on the record deck and lets keep those Red Arrows Flying.
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 11:50:58 am »

Long may they continue to grace the skies and fire the imagination of young and old alike.

At the risk of opening a debate about the relative merits of the Thunderbirds, Blue Angels, Patrouille de France and the Frecce Tricolori, the Reds are, in the words of the Tina Turner song - simply the best, better than all the rest.....so sign up.....please. 

http://www.raf.mod.uk/reds/gallery.html

MG Mark

Indeed they are the best Mark. 

I saw the Patrouille Suisse at the Klausenrennen back in September and their show was poor by comparison.  I have to say though, when they flew in right over our heads it was pretty cool.   Grin

Petition signed and forwarded to others who do not frequent these pages...

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: