Club Arnage
October 08, 2024, 04:51:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: from Pistonheads - ticket prices on ebay  (Read 6455 times)
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 12:53:50 pm »

I think the number of profiteers is relatively low, maybe we should make more name for CA en pursuade people to sell their spares through our webservice, to make sure tickets stay with real fans and not go to waste.

I agree with this Grin

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 12:59:49 pm »

Maybe this is only a problem with sellers in the UK. Could be that mainland Europe is not so hell bent on making a mint out of other peoples enjoyment of their hobby.

Interesting point Christopher.

As the representation of Brits as an overall proportion of those attending is probably well over 50% of the total then I guess that we account for the majority of the problem. That still leaves an awful lot of people, particularly from Holland, Denmark, Germany etc. that have to gain entry and they can't all have got them direct from the ACO, not least because of some of the ACO's shortcomings with ticket administration.

Would any of our European friends like to comment on how tickets are traded in their neck of the woods or it this a particularly British thing?
Actually 20.3% are Brits
Stats and breakdown are here
http://www.lemans.org/marketing/live/ressources/pdf/19_transition_profil_spec_fra.pdf
I had a quick look on e-bay France and there are no tickets for LM on sale here!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 01:01:28 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 05:44:22 pm »

Actually 20.3% are Brits
Stats and breakdown are here
http://www.lemans.org/marketing/live/ressources/pdf/19_transition_profil_spec_fra.pdf
I had a quick look on e-bay France and there are no tickets for LM on sale here!

Thanks for putting me straight on that Termie. Maybe it just feels like there are significantly more Brits than there really are.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Big_M

I am a gay man trapped in a women's body

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2007, 06:02:16 pm »

Thanks for putting me straight on that Termie. Maybe it just feels like there are significantly more Brits than there really are.

I would guess that most of the French don't bother camping but park up and grab a few hours kip in their cars. 

It feels like more British as the majority are in the camp sites

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 06:35:12 pm »

Yup, I'm sure it's the camping that gives us a different view of this.  '06 was the first time we had camped and it did feel quite different on the sites compared to sleeping on the side of the circuit somewhere.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: