Club Arnage
October 08, 2024, 06:32:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: from Pistonheads - ticket prices on ebay  (Read 6466 times)
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2007, 04:43:43 pm »

Link here: http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=350635&f=141&h=0

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
bob
CA Veteran

great Le Mans

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 04:53:39 pm »

I have an issue with inflated buy it now prices and high start figures, but in general tickets on ebay are

acceptable to me,  if you don,t agree then don,t bid would be my advice and anyway that would help me getting

cheap(ish) MB tickets. First MB ticket just posted
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 06:36:14 pm »

I object to it. 

But same old record for me, I'd like the ACO to put in place a sensible system for selling tickets (go on stone me now....) so that buying them is achievable for all and so that some people don't just get an excess of 5+ that they flog off on ebay at £100 a piece profit. 

Call me old fashioned but we're all motorsport fans we all go there for the same reasons and I'd quite like a little more peace and harmony in the world and a little less ripping off of someone else just because you see the chance to make a fast buck. 

I have bought tickets from ebay (from sellers who have 5 + to sell) but I have not and will not sell them on ebay at an inflated price.  I nearly got stuck with a Bleu Nord one last year and was going to put it up with a buy it now of cost price plus postage and paypal. 

I count myself very lucky that there are nice people on here who offer what they've got at face value and it's nice to be able to recepricate when I'm in a position to do so.

Alternatively, screw the lot of you I'm gonna ebay my tickets, Powermites tickets, make meself £700 quid and piss it up the wall  Roll Eyes
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 06:54:10 pm »

Agree with you Piglet,
Its one thing passing on a few extra tickets for face value. Once you get onto the ACo's books its better not to rock the boat and try and vary it.

However there are people who order without any intention of using them.
This is without doubt one of the reasons tickets are getting harder to come by, the agencys are bad enough, and I am sorry to say for peace of mind I do use them, but i would much rather not use them and buy my camping pass on the gate in the same way it was possible to up until the early 90's.

I am pretty sure you could also buy grandstand passes on race day as well from the gate or small huts around the village.

Its time Ebay etc where barred from selling all tickets in the same way its barred from selling football or certain pop concert tickets.

If you think about it bob, maybe if the guy you paying over the odds to for tickets did not have them, then maybe you or someone else ticketless could have got them at face value.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
bob
CA Veteran

great Le Mans

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 09:11:51 pm »

We are told if there were no fences to buy stuff ,theft would be massively

reduced. So don't buy the tickets if you don't want to be part of it.but you

might be lonely in the UK during June, whilst we all enjoy ourselves in

France.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 09:22:09 pm »

We are told if there were no fences to buy stuff ,theft would be massively

reduced. So don't buy the tickets if you don't want to be part of it.but you

might be lonely in the UK during June, whilst we all enjoy ourselves in

France.

Strange post......
IanB
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 09:33:08 pm »

Hi Piglet,

I think Bob is trying to say   Supply and demand,  If there are no buyers there would be no sellers,   and its your

call if you want to be involved
                                                           Ianb
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 09:47:50 pm »

Its the penalty for not booking early.  I've paid £100 for an MB pass.  never again.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 10:53:25 pm »

Its the penalty for not booking early.  I've paid £100 for an MB pass.  never again.

The point is that booking early is a lottery, for a start it means booking ahead of the time that the ACO say that they start taking bookings! 
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 10:56:14 pm »

Hi Piglet,

I think Bob is trying to say   Supply and demand,  If there are no buyers there would be no sellers,   and its your

Ianb

It's not a buy them on ebay or don't go choice though is it? 

Luckily here we have a community of like minded people that work things out between them without having just making a quick buck as their first priority.

Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 11:29:16 pm »

Hi Piglet,

Ianb

Luckily here we have a community of like minded people that work things out between them without having just making a quick buck as their first priority.

Indeed.

I am delighted to have been able to both buy and sell tickets on here, and always at face value.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
IanB
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 08:15:56 am »

Hi Piglet,

Ianb

Indeed.

I am delighted to have been able to both buy and sell tickets on here, and always at face value.

Just goes to show not everybody has heard of Club Arnage !!!!
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 08:45:42 am »

Strange, this year when I placed my order I was asked exactly how many people were coming and in how many cars.

I assumed this was in an attempt to try and deter pepole from buying lots of tickets purely for the reason of selling them on ebay.

But I ordered 6 camping and 6 general entrance, same as I do every year, and mostly every year they get used. On the rare occasion someone drops out then the ticket only gets sold at face value.

At this rate Le Mans is going to become like the big music festivals where the lines open at midnight and are sold out by the early morning leaving the rest of us to become ebay slaves.

Maybe this is only a problem with sellers in the UK. Could be that mainland Europe is not so hell bent on making a mint out of other peoples enjoyment of their hobby.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 12:06:03 pm »

Maybe this is only a problem with sellers in the UK. Could be that mainland Europe is not so hell bent on making a mint out of other peoples enjoyment of their hobby.

Interesting point Christopher.

As the representation of Brits as an overall proportion of those attending is probably well over 50% of the total then I guess that we account for the majority of the problem. That still leaves an awful lot of people, particularly from Holland, Denmark, Germany etc. that have to gain entry and they can't all have got them direct from the ACO, not least because of some of the ACO's shortcomings with ticket administration.

Would any of our European friends like to comment on how tickets are traded in their neck of the woods or it this a particularly British thing?

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 12:39:49 pm »

Well, speakin for DFH, we always got them trouhg either justtickets, first year or through ClubArnage. I don't think there is a big market for tickets in Holland, since it is not very popular with the Dutch crowd for some reason.

I had to buy on ticket last year from *bay, payed 80 pounds, bought it from some lady, she only had the one ticket and could not make it to the race herself, but she was not planning on selling it to me for face value! I did offer this to her.

I think the number of profiteers is relatively low, maybe we should make more name for CA en pursuade people to sell their spares through our webservice, to make sure tickets stay with real fans and not go to waste.

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: