Club Arnage
October 07, 2024, 06:23:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 24 hours Daytona  (Read 3002 times)
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: January 28, 2007, 08:01:05 pm »

Little bit off-topic  Wink :

Scott Pruett / Salvador Duran / Juan Pablo Montoya just won the 24 hours of Daytona.

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 08:54:19 pm »

They were interviewing JPM and Scott Pruett yesterday before the start and Juan Pablo said one of the reasons he wanted to do the race was to get familiar with Daytona International Speedway, I guess walking off with a nice new Rolex is a good way to do it.
Fax
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 11:54:10 pm »

They were interviewing JPM and Scott Pruett yesterday before the start and Juan Pablo said one of the reasons he wanted to do the race was to get familiar with Daytona International Speedway, I guess walking off with a nice new Rolex is a good way to do it.
Fax

... I guess he's familar with the track now  Grin Grin Grin

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 02:41:24 am »

Bet he ends-up stuffing it right before the entrance to Turn 1 in a few weeks!  Only bit he didn't get to practice on.

Plus they'll all be wondering why he keeps tapping the brakes down the back stretch.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 06:43:05 am »

No doubt Dave, first time he turns into the backstraight chicane, they'll be carnage Grin
Seriously, he said he wanted to get familiar with the location of the bumps.  Over the years, the sandy base under the bankings has settled, and even the though the track surface itself is billiard table smooth, there are some places on each banking where the cars bottom out pretty heavily.  It's quite spectacular to see the sportscars during the Rolex, or the NASCAR guys during the Pepsi 400 throwing sparks out from under the cars, probably not too healthy for the equipment though.
Fax
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 10:14:24 am »

Sorry, didn't follow it this year. Last year's first few hours were funny though. Jan Lammers' team had him black flagged to get him into the pits, because his radio stopped working Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: