Club Arnage
October 08, 2024, 02:31:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newhaven - Le Havre : New Service  (Read 4596 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2007, 06:23:25 pm »

LD Lines have now formerly confirmed that it will operate a daily service between Le Havre and Newhaven starting 1st May 2007.
It will sail from Newhaven every day until 30th September at 12.30 pm arriving Le Havre at 18.30 local time.  The return service will depart LH at 20.00 and arrive Newhaven at midnight. 
Online booking will be available from 26 January from the web site www.ldlines.com

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 09:48:53 pm »

Nice one Termie!
It's up and running, taking bookings now.
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 09:10:37 pm »

Hmmmm can I make it back to Le Havre for a ferry at 8pm in my diesel Hyundai Sante Fe?  SOunds unlikely to me.

Are there another 100 potential customers that want to join me petioning them to delay the crossing Sunday evening? Cheesy
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 11:38:31 pm »

Transmanche had this advertised for a couple of days in December. Their return sailing was 12.30am. Sadly it was quickly withdrawn and ld lines came in with a far to early return time Roll Eyes

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 02:24:15 am »

transmanche have some newer ferries, thy were in portsmouth over christmas for berthing trials - obviously portsmouth is the back up port.

shame i've just bought my brittany ferries tickets . .

Take life by the horns and live it.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 10:26:55 am »

Hmmmm can I make it back to Le Havre for a ferry at 8pm in my diesel Hyundai Sante Fe?  SOunds unlikely to me.

Are there another 100 potential customers that want to join me petioning them to delay the crossing Sunday evening? Cheesy
It takes 2.5 hours on a normal day so it would be cutting it a bit fine.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 06:05:53 pm »

I think LD are using the old Transmanche ships.

I am pretty sure I saw the MV seven sisters leaving Newhaven on friday.

Its a useful service, but the timings don't work out this year so I think we will stick with the Tunnel.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 10:48:34 am »

I thought the MV Seven Sisters, and MV Cote d'Albatre were the new Transmanche ships?

I assumed that there are not really enough crossings for the two ships to be fully engaged on the Newhaven Dieppe route so they are doing a late crossing to Le Havre instead?
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 02:03:18 pm »

Hmmmm can I make it back to Le Havre for a ferry at 8pm in my diesel Hyundai Sante Fe?   Cheesy

Chris! The Scooby! What about the Scooby?  Huh

Does anyone know of Transmanche have packed up the route to Dieppe? Their website is wonderfully vague, you can't even book June on line.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 02:54:12 pm »

Hmmmm can I make it back to Le Havre for a ferry at 8pm in my diesel Hyundai Sante Fe?   Cheesy

Chris! The Scooby! What about the Scooby?  Huh

Does anyone know of Transmanche have packed up the route to Dieppe? Their website is wonderfully vague, you can't even book June on line.
I understand, Andy, that LD lines are running 2 services a day out of Dieppe.  I'll try to find out more but the info' I have is only from a newspaper report.

Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 03:24:42 pm »

The Scooby suffered from a young daughter with a large pushchair!  Also doing 25,000 miles a year using Optimax witha fuel consumtion of 25mpg was hurting the wallet!

I had a Scooby for 4 years lost thousands in depreciation, had great fun, got no points and decided not to push my luck any further!

The Hyundai has a 5 year unlimted mileage warranty so when its 5 years old, has done 125,000 miles I know it will be worth nothing, but it only cost me £16,000 brand new.

However if I win the Lottery tonight (which reminds me I must buy a ticket) I'll be back in a Scooby!

As regards the Newhaven-Dieppe route I found you couldn't book on the Transmanche site, but then it also showed the old boats!

However there is another Transmance site which seems to have the sailing times right through the Summer.  However slightly confused as comparing the LD Lines Timetable and the Transmanche timetable shows that 1 boat will have to be in loading in Dieppe at the same time it is leaving for Le Havre!

Maybe they are keeoing the old 2 boats as well?
Black Granny
CA Veteran

Please give generously, You know it makes sense!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 03:28:59 pm »

Andy

Just booked Transmanche ferries, but by phone rather than the net. The price for the cabins couldn't be added over the net. Worked out well over £160 cheaper than Portsmouth.

just need to plot a route to avoid Rouen.

Mines a Gin & Tonic
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 06:24:15 pm »

Andy

just need to plot a route to avoid Rouen.

The run from Dieppe to Le Mans is very good. use this tread as a guide.
http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=6511.0

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: