Club Arnage
October 09, 2024, 08:23:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breakdown cover in Holland  (Read 3518 times)
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2007, 02:06:20 pm »

The family are off to Holland at Easter (Campsite at Wassenaar, about 10k north of Den Hague).Taking the Ferry from North Shields to Imuiden.

We were there 4 years ago and had a great time.

The last time we bought breakdown cover from the RAC, however I'm always reluctant to take additional cover for anything as it has so far always been unused.
The total mileage in Holland is likely to be less than 100 so the cost per mile is huge!

Apart from a dying battery the car has been 100% reliable over the past 4 years, (its a 6 year old 1.8 passat)

So can anyone suggest a cheaper alternative than than the RAC and what are Dutch garage callout charges like should a mishap occur!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 02:28:10 pm by redstu » Logged
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 02:53:15 pm »

Hi Stu

Last year I used Vehicle Rescue Direct at

www.travelcover.co.uk

Used them twice in fact.  Don't have any experience of what their service is like if you do break down, but the policy seemed to cover most eventualities.  Cost me £28 for 12 days over LM last year.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 07:53:47 pm »

Hi Stu

Last year I used Vehicle Rescue Direct at

www.travelcover.co.uk

Used them twice in fact.  Don't have any experience of what their service is like if you do break down, but the policy seemed to cover most eventualities.  Cost me £28 for 12 days over LM last year.

Del

Thats who I use although I now have took the year out for £59 including European cover.
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 09:43:21 pm »

Why not speak to your insurance company.

For the past 2 years I have had eurpoean cover 24/7/365 as part of my insurance policy and if I remember is something in the region of £65 for the whole year.So if I go on a booze cruise or LM I am covered whitout paying any extras.

Although it is more expensive than a 12 day pass.I have no worries whenever I cross the channel,because I know I will always get back.....even if t is on a trailer.

Wishy

nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 09:37:27 am »

If you look at the following web site, they give good advice on saving money on most things. Worth a look, seems wide knowledge on most things.

This is the guy heard on Radio 2.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Cheapest European Cover

Phone and web broker Quotelinedirect* has an exclusive deal with Europ Assistance for a £59 annual ‘AutoService’ policy covering any individual vehicle (less than 20 years old) for a year. 

This includes home-start, and onward travel for passengers plus up to 90 days a year cover in Europe.  However, those not going to Europe regularly should stick with a UK-only policy and take out separate cover if needed for a single trip.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 12:31:57 pm »

Hi

Thanks for all the reccomendations, the moneysaving expert advice looks good for a new policy and as my current cover runs out in early May it is likely to be worth taking (I actually joined that forum yesterday with another money related matter). 
The current provider (as part of my Insurance with Admiral) quoted £24 for 10 days.
So either option is much cheaper than a single policy with the RAC.

Stu
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: