Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 10:21:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm going to give F1 another try  (Read 15414 times)
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2007, 04:31:37 pm »

jumping around on the podium like a baboon for one second.
Fax

At least the baboon jumping suggested there was some joy involved in winning... a wave and a half-smile is about all the others seem to give us.

In fact if I had to vote on a single instance of 'genuine joy' at winning a grand prix in recent history, then I think my vote would go to J Button after his only win....so far.

I'd vote for Eddie Jordan dancing down the pitlane after his teams 1-2 at Spa in 98

BTW I am going to the GP in Barcelona this year, but only because it is a freebie and I like the taste of free beer Tongue

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2007, 05:10:17 pm »

stiil like scalextrix to me.. i only watch the starts.. the rest is snoozeville Cool

Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2007, 09:17:09 pm »

As far as the jumping around on the podium goes, I'm old school about this subject.  Act like you've won before!
The greats always accepted the spoils of victory with a smile and diginity, scatter the bubbly and have some fun.  But Schumachers act reminds me way too much of the choreographed scoring celebrations we get from the stick & ball crowd, football players (International and American) doing their look-at-me dances.  It make work in those sports, but I think racing is something different.
Fax
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: