Club Arnage
September 23, 2024, 07:27:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Road Transport Bill - Road use charging  (Read 13517 times)
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 10:54:11 am »

It loooks like the site is really suffering.  I just got a 503 error http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E503.html then it worked and it's up 1,128,226,  100,000 more than 16 hours ago.  Yep it could make the 2mill lets hope so.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 12:40:57 pm »

How can the Govt ignore this partition?

I just looked at http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/list/open?sort=signers The parttion has more signatures than all of the rest of the partitions in list put together.

Oh and the pro road pricing one managed a stagering 106 signatures.

t.

monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 12:55:22 pm »

How can the Govt ignore this partition?

I just looked at http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/list/open?sort=signers The parttion has more signatures than all of the rest of the partitions in list put together.

Oh and the pro road pricing one managed a stagering 106 signatures.

t.

I am nearly there. I have had the mail back to confirm, but when I try to confirm, it fails.

I had not realised that there was a pro one, there was bloke representing  a 'green' point of view that sent a text to 'Today' on radio four this morning suggesting that he was sure that a 'pro' petition would probably receive as many if not more votes than the anti Grin

Wrong Grin
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 12:58:42 pm by monkey » Logged
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 04:54:05 pm »

It has taken nearly all day, but at last my name is on it after around 30 attempts. Grin
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2007, 07:20:17 pm »

He's another to sign.

It in favor of scrapping safty cameras.  Only 4,000 votes so far.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/scrapcam/

t.

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007, 07:22:02 pm »

Nice unbalanced report about the petition on the BBC 6 o'clock news. Angry Angry

Interview with a Minister, and a rep of Transport 2000, who are financed by the bus and train companies, vested intrest prehaps.

BBC news = Ministry of Truth.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2007, 07:23:26 pm »

Only 4,000 votes so far.

t.

Lets make it  1 million. Smiley
nickliv
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2007, 07:36:37 pm »

Only 4,000 votes so far.

t.

Lets make it  1 million. Smiley

Even if we make it to 30 million they won't listen.

I've still signed it though.
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2007, 12:04:02 pm »

The petition seems to have jammed at 1281218.
Do you reckon some snivelling little civil servant has thrown a spanner in the works ?

Angry

Rusty

The Brethren Rock
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2007, 12:29:05 pm »

AFAIK the petition website service is provided by an independednt IT firm. It most likely doesn't have the capacity to deal with the massive level of hits this petition has generated. However, that's not to say some nasty little person in the secret services has sabotaged it.

The BBC reporting has been an utter disgrace IMO, the internal lobbying from the right-on media greenies must be intense. Well bully for them, but I can tell you here and now that I will not ever, under any circumstances, be fitting a road tracking device to any vehicle in my fleet. No Sir. No way. Never. Not on your nellie, I'll go to prison first.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2007, 12:56:11 pm »

AFAIK the petition website service is provided by an independednt IT firm. It most likely doesn't have the capacity to deal with the massive level of hits this petition has generated. However, that's not to say some nasty little person in the secret services has sabotaged it.

I e-mailed them last night to say I've seen that the site seemed to be a bit stressed.    I even got a reply to say they had been working hard on making the system able to better handle the load.  I wrote at 22:20 the reply came at 23:20.   So I would say it's not a govt run thing there is no way they could be that speedy.

The BBC reporting has been an utter disgrace IMO, the internal lobbying from the right-on media greenies must be intense. Well bully for them, but I can tell you here and now that I will not ever, under any circumstances, be fitting a road tracking device to any vehicle in my fleet. No Sir. No way. Never. Not on your nellie, I'll go to prison first.

Well of course new cars wil be factory fitted with the device so you may not have a chooice as time goes by.  But it does smack of Poll tax as far as "we don't want it" goes. Personally I liked the Poll tax.  It saved me a load of money.   

I'll stop using my car when they stop using Ministerial cars.

t.

Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2007, 12:59:59 pm »

The petition seems to have jammed at 1281218.
Do you reckon some snivelling little civil servant has thrown a spanner in the works ?

Angry

Rusty

Rusty, 

It's now 1,291,279  10,000 per hour at that rate well get 2,000,000 buy the 20th

t

Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2007, 01:44:45 pm »

It seems to be jumping in huge lumps now, maybe thats what jammed it. It's now at 1299495, thats 18000+ in the last hour and a half.  laugh laugh laugh laugh

The Brethren Rock
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2007, 01:52:25 pm »

Nice avatar by the way Mr.Z but on that tangent another utter utter disgrace, I understand the yanks have remade School for Scoundrels !!!  w**k*rs

Rusty  Angry
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 02:03:53 pm by The Brethren » Logged

The Brethren Rock
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2007, 07:11:38 pm »

As I mentioned yesterday it took me about thirty attempts over five hours to finally get accepted on this petition (they must know me). I am a stubborn sod and can only assume that others with better things to do may have given up long before I did and are likely to have fallen by the wayside. Pity. All I can suggest to those that experienced the same problems I did is keep trying, chances are you will get through. Whether it will count for anything in the end, who knows. Huh
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: