Club Arnage
September 21, 2024, 03:46:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LMS in Monza - accomodation  (Read 2311 times)
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: January 10, 2007, 03:38:16 pm »

I'm planning a visit to Monza in April, flights from my hometown to Milano are still available. Camping is not an option as I will travel with my father, he's not so well on.

2 questions for those who have been ther already:
- Can anyoneone recommend a hotel trackside or not so far away from the track?
- What the best option to get from Milano airport (Malpensa) to the track? Hired car or is there public transport? How long does it take?

Thanks a lot in advance
Cheers
Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 07:09:33 pm »

Someone at the wife's work has been to Monza for the GP and suggested we went (which we didn't) - but I remember them saying the poublic transport was superb.
Big_M

I am a gay man trapped in a women's body

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 07:14:28 pm »

I went to Monza in 2005 for the LMES.  We stayed in Milan as it is easy and fairly cheap to get a train from one of the stations in Milan to Monza.  There is then a bus service from the station to the circuit - although we couldn't find a timetable and got bored waiting so took a taxi which I think was about 10 euros.  We did walk to the circuit on the first day - but it took about an hour and not to be recommended when you then spend the day walking the circuit. 

We did manage to find a bus on the way back on the second day - but I believe you have to purchase a ticket in advance - the bus driver let us on for free.

A little searching on the internet should give you details of train times etc. 

Staying in Milan obviously offers the better choice of accommodation and restaurants.

HTHs

Debs
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 11:33:48 pm »

I went to Monza in 2005 for the LMES.  We stayed in Milan as it is easy and fairly cheap to get a train from one of the stations in Milan to Monza.  There is then a bus service from the station to the circuit - although we couldn't find a timetable and got bored waiting so took a taxi which I think was about 10 euros.  We did walk to the circuit on the first day - but it took about an hour and not to be recommended when you then spend the day walking the circuit. 

We did manage to find a bus on the way back on the second day - but I believe you have to purchase a ticket in advance - the bus driver let us on for free.

A little searching on the internet should give you details of train times etc. 

Staying in Milan obviously offers the better choice of accommodation and restaurants.

HTHs

Debs

Thanks a lot

Cheers

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: