Club Arnage
September 21, 2024, 11:41:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which T Shirt design do you prefer?? If you select 'Other', please pm me with your preference
GT40 - un-flattened
GT40 - flattened
Other design

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA T-Shirts 2007  (Read 112550 times)
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2007, 11:59:31 pm »

this might be an idea, even though it's JPC's pic! Shocked

I like this one as it sums up the race for me and what I go to see ....... GT1  Grin

been there done that doing it again !
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2007, 12:27:06 am »

On the discussion of wether to remove the Union flag from the t-shirt........

About the flag issue : Let's not try to be 100% politically correct, otherwise we'll end up with a discussion thread about the shirts probably beating the Commer thread in length. I'm German but I don't need my flag on the shirt. CA is without doubt dominated by forum members from the UK, so the Union Jack would be OK for me.

Well said Werner.   

IMVHO trying to put all the flags on would be too much.   There is the chance you it would p off someone cos their flag is not on there.
Some you just can't win.  Sad

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2007, 08:57:16 am »

If a design using the clock is chosen, can it not be of the 'old' clock?

I cannot remember when this Rolex one turned up, but I don't like it.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2007, 09:51:14 am »

My thoughts....

KK probably has "clock" pictures, he usually takes some.  I'll ask him to look.

We've also got some good pics of the reconstruction of the (1969?) GT40 3 car finish that was staged at last year's Classic.  What about something like that converted to a line drawing? 

Flag - I'm not sure it's about political correctness, for me it's just that a lot of the members of this website are not British so why a British Flag?   Plus, given the reputation lots of the Brits have at LM sometimes I'm a bit happier not walking round with a union flag on my sleeve...

I'm not a fan of the "real men do..." stuff - it's pretty dated really. 

I liked last years t-shirt, the quality was fine for me and I love the "two beers" picture. 
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2007, 10:17:04 am »

given the reputation lots of the Brits have at LM

I wasnt aware there was anything to be ashamed of being British at Le Mans?  Have I been missing something all these years?

F
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2007, 10:37:54 am »

given the reputation lots of the Brits have at LM

I wasnt aware there was anything to be ashamed of being British at Le Mans?  Have I been missing something all these years?

F

Have you not been round the village at midnight on the Saturday night when the pissed and sunburnt brits hassle anything that's passing?   

It's not great and wearing a tshirt with a union flag on it encourages them to try to converse and makes it harder to pretend you can't understand them!   The other nationalities and even the vast number of Danes who are now making the trip seem to pass out quietly on the campsites, it's just the Brits who seem to feel the need to be lairy and harrass families, kids and anyone who happens to be passing.

(this has made me think of the bloke at the 'poo bar last year who everyone assumed was with someone else until he passed out on the floor and Petra (I think?) had to go and attend to him!  Grin
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2007, 10:43:49 am »

Have you not been round the village at midnight on the Saturday night when the pissed and sunburnt brits hassle anything that's passing?   

I have certainly been at the poo bar at midnight on the Saturday - but dont recall ever seeing any hassling going on.

I have seen pissed and sunburnt people of all nationalities at various times in the week tho.

F

Edit:  I have just had a thought - possibly being accustomed to Saturday night out in Manchester I might have a different "drunken hassle" threshold to you!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 10:49:02 am by Fran » Logged
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2007, 10:51:59 am »

Agree Fran. I've very rarely seen lairy behaviour in the village.
 The only time I've been ashamed to be a Brit was at HA roundabout last year. Any French vehicle was pelted with plastic bottles and yelled abuse at. Considering these people are our hosts they shouldn't have to be subjected to the thug mentality.
Anyway, wrong thread for this stuff so I'll butt out now.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2007, 10:54:04 am »

LOL!!  perhaps you're right, your threshold is different!!  Maybe we have a nicer type of drunk in Bristol (or it might be the fact that I don't go out on a Saturday night anymore!)

It's not the 'poo-bar, it's the main village and round the fairground.  It does always to me seem to be the Brits but perhaps they are the only ones I see.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2007, 10:55:53 am »

Yep Bob's right, wrong thread....

Anyway what I meant to say was that KK thinks he's got 4pm pics of the new clock (he'll need to find them) but he's suggested that the Grand Fromage almost certainly has pics of the old clock so it might be worth someone having a word with him? 
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2007, 10:56:56 am »

Yep Bob's right, wrong thread....

Anyway what I meant to say was that KK thinks he's got 4pm pics of the new clock (he'll need to find them) but he's suggested that the Grand Fromage almost certainly has pics of the old clock so it might be worth someone having a word with him? 
If not I'll just have to find an excuse to nip over to the ticket office at 4 o'clock one afternoon!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2007, 11:01:42 am »

The Maison Blanche site used to have a simple, two colour, front view of a 917 as its logo, but I cannot find it anymore.

Maybe something along those lines.

Being two colours (blue and orange of course) it would be simple to use, or could be transformed into a line drawing easily.

Would Maison Blanche allow the use of their logo, or a close copy?

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2007, 12:37:11 pm »

Food for thought.

I just did a very quick render from an image I nicked off the net. Is this a starting point for an image, I'll of course create an original work and customise the branding on the car, the logo could be be dropped in behind the image and if you want the clock that could go in too,  I would suggest bringing in a graphic swirl behind the car to represent the track, it will also give it some speed.

I'm off in three hours so I'll catch up when I get back.

* LO RES.jpg (72.76 KB, 413x346 - viewed 440 times.)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 12:40:19 pm by The Brethren » Logged

The Brethren Rock
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2007, 12:40:02 pm »

that is nice Grin

fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2007, 01:40:21 pm »

I have found it.. can be photoshopped into sketch and I think says le mans in style!!

* bugatti_2.jpg (149.66 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 364 times.)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: