Club Arnage
September 21, 2024, 01:27:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which T Shirt design do you prefer?? If you select 'Other', please pm me with your preference
GT40 - un-flattened
GT40 - flattened
Other design

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CA T-Shirts 2007  (Read 112582 times)
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2007, 07:18:32 pm »

So, as there was no big shout to keep the flag, it's gone.

Sad day. Sad

The Union flag is part of LM history, and we do have a representation of the Tricolour on the shirt.

Most of the people who would have surported having the Union Flag on the shirt are unfortunatley to busy to log on regularly during the off season, working their b*llocks off in the UK to keep the wolves and robber Brown at bay.

If no Union flag then certainly no european flag, or any particular team affiliation please.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 07:21:04 pm by Barry » Logged
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2007, 07:40:02 pm »

I still like the 'graphic pen' style of image.  Any photograph, even in black and white, will be very difficult to successfully reproduce on a t-shirt unless it's a poor quality photo transfer.

Drawings or drawing effects will print better as there is less contrast and varying grey scales.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2007, 07:40:34 pm »

IMHO

Option 1: great photo, after printing will not be very dramatic.

Option 2: so 80's, Maggie would be proud to wear it, we've done it before, I've even got the mug, subbing in 'we' ruins the line, 2 print runs? , one for each sex? Might as well do individual runs with various national flags.

Option 3: agree with Del, like it but we did a similar thing last year.

Astons/corvettes? Ferrari fans will be p*ssed.

Like the clock, good idea, if someone could get a good photo this year showing 4 o'clock, prehaps 2008.

If I had to order one today would go for Steve's 917's line drawing on the start, spirit of LM, continuity from 2006 but still different. history so no team allifiation problems.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2007, 07:45:32 pm »

I still like the 'graphic pen' style of image.  Any photograph, even in black and white, will be very difficult to successfully reproduce on a t-shirt unless it's a poor quality photo transfer.

Drawings or drawing effects will print better as there is less contrast and varying grey scales.

Some people were a liittle disappointed with the way the 2 beers shirt came out last year, (not me I realise the limits of screen printing) so would have to agree.

Transfers do not survive washing very well, ask Martini with his Guernsey flag on his shirt, or more acuratley flaking off.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 07:49:22 pm by Barry » Logged
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2007, 08:01:05 pm »

Like the clock, good idea, if someone could get a good photo this year showing 4 o'clock, prehaps 2008.

I can change the hands, numerals may be a bit more of a problem.

If I had to order one today would go for Steve's 917's line drawing on the start, spirit of LM, continuity from 2006 but still different. history so no team allifiation problems.

Which pic are you refering to, this one?

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2007, 08:11:37 pm »

Liked the other one best

1971 hatch jpeg.jpg
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2007, 08:14:48 pm »

With a bit of fiddling, the technique can be applied to most pictures - they will then reproduce better on a t-shirt.

* RAF Marham Steve's cob.jpg (53.31 KB, 400x286 - viewed 402 times.)

rcutler
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2007, 08:34:34 pm »

Here is the photo I have of the clock but just noticed there was a goon in the way, do we want to crop it?

* IMG_2112.jpg (47.1 KB, 640x480 - viewed 336 times.)
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2007, 08:35:54 pm »

If you chaps can actually agree on a type of image that you'd like to use, I'll very happily produce some original art that incorporates the logo etc. so that it belongs to you and is original. I would also go with Mr. Brown in suggesting that you stick to something more graphic as it will print better and will be a lot stronger rather than looking like something you have picked up at the local race track.

I'm away ski-ing from tomorrow until tuesday so if you can get your sh*t together and agree on something between now and then I will get on with some designs and produce it. BTW I prefer the idea of using classic motors as you are then not calling sides. I can incorporate isomething like that into a montage if you want the clock/flag blah blah blah , or make it look like a poster . ( no skulls for you lot though )

Rusty

The Brethren Rock
rcutler
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2007, 08:36:32 pm »

Close but 2008??? Surely there is 2007 first!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2007, 08:39:58 pm »

Thanks for your offer Rusty, excellent stuff.

All we need to do is make a decision now  Undecided

Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2007, 09:05:31 pm »

Some people were a liittle disappointed with the way the 2 beers shirt came out last year, (not me I realise the limits of screen printing) so would have to agree.

Transfers do not survive washing very well, ask Martini with his Guernsey flag on his shirt, or more acuratley flaking off.
[/quote]

I take it that the front is acceptable with the 06 changed to a 07.

I for one was not impressed with the printing last year in relation to the artwork supplied, I thought the printer would change the dot for screenprint.

As below ref the flags it would probably be a good idea to personalise shirts with your name, avatar etc. if you are going to buy some iron-on transfers, ... not everyone is good at remembering names... also my flags are still in one piece, I think you had too much cider Barry.

While the Union flag is acceptable to most as others have said it is not acceptable to all, personally I am happy to have it plain and produce iron-on transfers for the sleeves.

What you should remember is that the sleeves are printed individually which adds quite a bit to the cost.

Screen printing is not like normal printing and from what I know, unless things have changed dramatically, each colour is a separate print run and screen which is labour intensive.

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2007, 09:18:19 pm »

Del can you put me down for 2 x large t- shirts and a couple of medium sized stickers please.

On the discussion of wether to remove the Union flag from the t-shirt........why not put below the 2007 logo on the right hand chest side all the flags of the respective Ca members ....just to add extra colour to the front of the shirt.I do realise it may make it a bit busy but....hey ho it is LM afterall.Or remove that logo and just put the flags in a block in place of the current logo with a line saying something like "Club Arnarge the international members website of LM"

Wishy
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2007, 11:18:35 pm »

On the discussion of wether to remove the Union flag from the t-shirt........

About the flag issue : Let's not try to be 100% politically correct, otherwise we'll end up with a discussion thread about the shirts probably beating the Commer thread in length. I'm German but I don't need my flag on the shirt. CA is without doubt dominated by forum members from the UK, so the Union Jack would be OK for me.

As to the design of the shirt: Don't make it too complicated, it should look good after a few washing cycles and from my point of view the shirts don't need to be personalized. May be just some placeholder on the chest so everyone can write his/her name with a permanent marker on it, makes recognition at the poo bar gathering easier.

Cheers

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2007, 11:26:41 pm »

........why not put below the 2007 logo on the right hand chest side all the flags of the respective Ca members ....just to add extra colour to the front of the shirt....

That's the problem, Wishy- extra colour = extra costs.  Last year's shirt was printed with just 4 colours IIRC, blue, black,red and orange.  Although many flags can be printed with these, there are others that would introduce more colours (Germany & Ireland for example). 

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: