Club Arnage
October 09, 2024, 10:24:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what laptop??  (Read 8531 times)
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2006, 10:22:15 am »

I want to treat myself to a new year pressie and get a laptop so what is better, an applemac or a microsoft run one.. and as my budget is limited does anyone have any ideas/recommendations??

LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 10:45:03 am »

Depends on what you plan on using it for what's best, and on which platform have you've been working the most. For exchangability with your normal computer it's best to choose the same platform. Ofcourse you can exchange data crossplatform, but it usually takes more effort.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 10:49:26 am »

Depends on what you plan on using it for what's best, and on which platform have you've been working the most. For exchangability with your normal computer it's best to choose the same platform. Ofcourse you can exchange data crossplatform, but it usually takes more effort.

all double dutch to me (no pun intended Wink)

I want it for holding music to transfer onto the ipod and phone etc.. and just basic home use(dvd playing etc) as i dont have a home computer...

rcutler
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 11:36:01 am »

If you use Microsoft at home then I would suggest going for a Microsoft Based laptop.

Main reason people switch to a Apple Mac is for photo and video editing as the processors in these units handle the data better.

Unless you are really into photo and video editing a Microsoft one will be fine. Be careful when buying a centrino wireless laptop as some of the built in wireless chips are about as good as the ones you get with fish!

My next laptop will be a IBM or Lenovo Laptop as these have been the best ones I have had in the past. They are a little more expensive then the other makes but are built like brick sh*t houses.

Hope this helps.
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 11:40:34 am »

cheers all.. will have a nosey around Grin

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 02:49:11 pm »

There have been some cheap lappies on this forum - you might have to scroll to next pages and it can sometimes be a bit slow - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.html?f=36.

As a Windows user I definitely think you should go Windows not Apple, but Apple users will tell you different. My thinking being it's simply that there is more of it about...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: