Club Arnage
June 30, 2024, 09:48:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2007 LM helicopter trips  (Read 10281 times)
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2006, 09:07:14 am »

I have been in contact with jet systems who operate the heli trips around the circuit during the race and we can be guaranteed a one hour block booking provided we get 30 people (the price has gone up to 80 euros each but is well worth it!). the best time would be on the sat between 6 and 7 as all the cars are still on the track!!

I tried to get a group discount but due to fuel prices and demand for the flights the offer of a block booking was the best I could get..

If we get enough support I will co ordinate it if needs be..

any thoughts??

* 0031 BIS.JPG (160.54 KB, 640x431 - viewed 292 times.)

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 09:55:15 am »

I'm up for it.  There are going to be at least 5 in our party, I'll see if any of the others are interested.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 09:58:01 am »

Thats the spirit!!

keep em coming!!

rcutler
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 10:01:20 am »

I have been in contact with jet systems who operate the heli trips around the circuit during the race and we can be guaranteed a one hour block booking provided we get 30 people (the price has gone up to 80 euros each but is well worth it!). the best time would be on the sat between 6 and 7 as all the cars are still on the track!!

I tried to get a group discount but due to fuel prices and demand for the flights the offer of a block booking was the best I could get..

If we get enough support I will co ordinate it if needs be..

any thoughts??

I am a bit puzzeled what we get out of a block booking without a discount? Especially when we are guaranteing that there will be people on the heli!

I will think about it. Only thing is 80E is a lot of beer!
il Cavallino

Drinking for Holland

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 10:02:03 am »

Difficult question. I'd really like to go after what I heared from others and the pictures I've seen this year. But it's a lot of money to already commit to for me. I'm gonna think it over.

Drinking for Holland
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 10:05:56 am »

I know its a lot of money.. but it really is worth it!! Grin

If we can get the 30 needed I will try nearer the time to maybe work on them for a bit of a discount.. but as he said he fills out all the slots over the weekend anyway by the end april Shocked

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 10:08:26 am »

It's 2 euros more than last year
http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=5720.0
and they were charging 100 euros during the classic.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 10:14:23 am »

2 euros inflation.. £1.35.. not too bad really Wink

fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 11:29:03 am »

Another reason that it 's not that bad with no discount as it will be stinking hot and the last thing you want to be doing is standing around in the open waiting.  So that means if we've paid up front there is no queuing at the paying window, one short queue for French speakers one long queue for non French speakers, that has saved about twenty to thirty minutes, as this is a popular trip.  Next security, so you don’t want to be carrying too much as this will hold you up.  You’ll get waived through to the front of security as well.  Next the queue for the flight, there were about five or six “tents” departure points really and you get directed to a specific tent, it can be a forty or sixty minute wait here, limited seating, no refreshments.  You’ll go to a dedicated tent, limited waiting here as well, probably be a new chopper for the VIP’s, last year when we flew there were people from Audi and Corvette in the VIP area.
In effect you get 1½ laps of the circuit, one full lap and then the top half of the circuit again, fly over all the campsites etc and get a great view of the event.  Personally I think it is a bargain Grin

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 04:29:30 am »

The Jet Jockeys will tell you: 20,000 pieces going in opposite directions is not really flying Grin
 The view will be awsome however Tongue
A prime time slot would be a major advantage.
 Canada Phil
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 04:05:00 pm »

Fagey, my numbers are now up to 7 and all would like to come.

fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 04:12:34 pm »

and I have at least 3/4.. but we need more! 

if not i will just sort for the select few.. that flight of the valkarys music is in my head again.. charlie dont surf and all that Wink
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 04:18:40 pm by fagey » Logged

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 12:52:01 am »

I know its a lot of money.. but it really is worth it!! Grin

If we can get the 30 needed I will try nearer the time to maybe work on them for a bit of a discount.. but as he said he fills out all the slots over the weekend anyway by the end april Shocked

I'm interested in the heli flight. Been promising myself to do it for the last three years. But things like beer and Tropicoma always seem to get in the way, so maybe booking it in adavnce would be a good way to force me to actually do it (a few of the Team JPC and DfH guys did it last year and loved it, got some great photos too!!)

I'd query their comment about seeling all the available slots though, certaonly by the end of April, as the guys that did it in 2006 just walked up on Sunday morning and paid their money, no booking necessary and didn't have to wait very long either.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2007, 09:53:38 am »

I'd love to but sadly without a significant discount it's out of my price range. 
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 09:54:09 am »

I'd query their comment about seeling all the available slots though, certaonly by the end of April, as the guys that did it in 2006 just walked up on Sunday morning and paid their money, no booking necessary and didn't have to wait very long either.

Same her. Turned up about 11ish on Sunday morning and only had to wait 10 minutes.

A tip. When the marshal calls you out to the chopper try and be the first one there. That way you can bag the front seat next to the pilot. Better view and photo ops.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: