Club Arnage
October 07, 2024, 08:25:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic car meet-up on Friday 15th June  (Read 22511 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2007, 09:49:11 am »

So far I'm favouring the route via my caff and ending up at St St.  I'm thinking maybe meet at about 14.00 and aim to get to St St about 18.00 - the drive would take a couple of hours max for 1 person, but with  the stop and a convoy - possible hitches on the way - that's my most pessimistic timing.  That would still give everybody a couple of hours at St Sat, and time to get back for DFH celebrations on MB by 21.00.  All opinions welcome!  Also, means that anybody who wants to can get into town in morning for the "hands" ceremony which Mr T is anxious to do.
Mark, it should fit your bill fine, can't see many hold-ups once you've got away from the circuit and even that is easy going in this direction on Mad Friday (ie against the flow!)

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2007, 11:02:41 am »

Sounds just the job Deb's, especially with the return target being DFH and the Flying Baggetts!! Shouldnt worry about the Corrolla Fran, I could quite well be in the air conditioned comfort of a 7 year old Passat tdi, we'll be the support barges for the more interesting, but possibly more fragile machines.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2007, 01:12:07 pm »

we'll be the support barges for the more interesting, but possibly more fragile machines.

I will add jump leads and tow rope to my packing list in that case!

F
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2007, 01:27:04 pm »

Can we join you on the this little jaunt Termietermite. Tom and my self in the young lads Mini, wich he is building himself..........so I think Frans offer of jump leads and tow rope could be handy Grin

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2007, 06:29:08 pm »

Can we join you on the this little jaunt Termietermite. Tom and my self in the young lads Mini, wich he is building himself..........so I think Frans offer of jump leads and tow rope could be handy Grin
Open to all, natch.  I'll do a map for everybody so nobody will get lost.  We have two modern reliable (how could I  have said that on a forum, now she'll break down on the way to Jersey!) cars in my party too, to make up for Paul's Mondie which always waits for LM to conk out!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2007, 11:55:46 pm »

This thread has gone way off topic. I don't want to spoil your arrangements, so I've renamed it as other members might like to join the party  Smiley
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2007, 09:28:10 am »

This thread has gone way off topic.

Off topic on this forum?  Surely not?........

The plan and route sound good -  I've always been at StS early-mid afternoon before, so I'm not sure not sure how lively it is/what's there at your planned time of arrival.  All sounds like a jolly good wheeze though, particularly the finale

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2007, 09:51:28 am »

This thread has gone way off topic. I don't want to spoil your arrangements, so I've renamed it as other members might like to join the party  Smiley
Good idea, Christopher.  However, the expression meet-up makes my teeth grind!  We just used to meet in my day - what's with the up?  In the interests of my fillings, I've altered it again. Grin

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2007, 09:56:40 am »

This thread has gone way off topic.

Off topic on this forum?  Surely not?........

The plan and route sound good -  I've always been at StS early-mid afternoon before, so I'm not sure not sure how lively it is/what's there at your planned time of arrival.  All sounds like a jolly good wheeze though, particularly the finale

MG Mark
Mark, quite often one of the drivers turns up in the evening (McNish and Herbert have done this in the past) but I'm not sure at what time. You have a good point.  I'll will communicate with the St S organiser between now and then.  All is open to fine tuning.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 10:40:48 am by termietermite » Logged

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2007, 10:38:01 am »

All is open to fine tuning.......

Indeed, and the finer the wine gets, the coarser the tuning becomes.....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2007, 10:48:54 am »

I concurr with Mark.  The latest we have been there is about 15:00.
As far as I know, people (and the older classic cars used in the drivers parade) will be leaving soon after for the in town parade.

Our previous Friday plan has been pits in the morning to about 11:00, then drive out / lunch and to St Saturnin for the early afternoon.

Steve East Anglian cobras

garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2007, 02:34:09 pm »

I'm hoping to drive straight from the ferry to St Saturnin.
I'll have Purdu's mobile number so he can keep me abreast of your movements (ooh missus).

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2007, 04:51:35 pm »

The theme for St Saturnin has been announced
http://www.classicbw.org/
Healeys this year.
Taking Steve's point on board about our little run out : if we plan to be at St Sat around 3.30 we need to leave about midday.  This will mean my asking Herard to provide some food during our stop.  It will also make the run a bit tight for time if you plan to do the "Hands" ceremony in the centre of town.
Thoughts please?

garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2007, 05:50:20 pm »

This years theme "Healeys" Suits Me Grin

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2007, 10:45:24 pm »

Debs - not fussed about going into town after St Saturnin.  Presumably by leaving at midday, you mean leaving Le mans for your cafe, food there and then run back in to St S for 3.30 ish?  Works for me and all sounds like a good wheeze  Grin

MG Mark

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: