Club Arnage
October 07, 2024, 08:25:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic car meet-up on Friday 15th June  (Read 22514 times)
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2006, 07:17:21 pm »

Wossay Gary, the Great British Welcome? I've been intending to get to that for years.

Cheesy

Bill,
In earlier years, myself and my merry band of cobrateers have gone into town on Friday for the drivers parade.  However, it is such a disorganised mess now, what with the town centre road works etc, that for the last 2 years, we've gone to the St Saturnin Great British Welcome instead.
It's basically a classic car show with beer, a jazz band and stuff and very pleasant it is too.  They even let our 2 hot rods in for the 2005 event.

I'd recommend it.  We'll drag you there in 2007.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2006, 10:33:23 pm »

That sir, is a date!

I wondered where you lot were quietly slipping off to last year and you did mention it this year whilst we "Untidy MG'ers" were in a state of relaxed unreadiness. (You MAY have noticed  Wink )

I will definitely be up for that next year.

[Assuming all the normal assumptions etc.]

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2006, 12:18:31 am »

Yes, meeting you all at St Saturnint on Friday night sound good to me especially as I think I'm going to buy one of those "throw it in the air and two seconds later it fully erected" tents.
So I won't have to fumble in the dark with my erection Grin

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2006, 09:12:17 am »

Like Steve, I've done St Saturnin on the Friday afternoon/early evening for much the same reasons for the last few years - much more civilised and it is a nice venue too - met Johnny Herbert and Stirling Moss there year before last, and there are always plenty of nice cars to ogle over.   

Sounds like the start of a plan - meet up somewhere first and then convoy on to it?   

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2006, 12:20:37 am »

What a plan! I'm furrit!

Gary, if you'd rather have a real tent bring the usual suspect and put it together on Saturday am. If ya can stand the snoring you can pop into my spare tent space for the night.

Unless some handy lady visitor should feel the need of somewhere to take a few zzzzzs... Grin

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2007, 03:28:45 pm »

Ian (who suggested a trip round the French countryside) and I, have been pm-ing  a bit on this subject.  Is anybody interested in a CA mini-cavalcade around the Sarthe on the Friday, ending up in Saint Saturnin
http://www.classicbw.org/uk/index.php
in the late afternoon?  One suggestion is to go down to Le Chartre sur Loir (home of the hotel which used to put the Jaguar team up), - the problem here though is that it can be very busy indeed and is the wrong end of the Sarthe for Saint Saturnin so will not be a very leisurely drive - ; the other is to come up North a bit and have a mid-way stop at a very friendly bar/cafe near me run by an LM nut who would be just delighted to welcome us all - and he has loads of parking space.
Either of these options would of course mean we'd miss the drivers' parade but it seems like I'm not alone in thinking that that is not a problem to miss occasionally.
What does everybody think? Would there be any interest? Which option do you all prefer?  I can do some route planning if there'll be a worthwhile uptake.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2007, 03:42:42 pm »

Deb, myself and my group would be very interested.  We don't bother with the parade anymore, but we've been to the St Saturnin event for the past 2-3 years now.

A drive in the countryside sounds good too.  The city traffic is normally heavy on Friday though.

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2007, 04:07:04 pm »

I've used my little route to get to St S a few times on the Friday - works a treat.  It's amazing how unadventurous many people are and there are still plenty of quiet roads in the Sarthe even on mad Friday.  Numbers aren't too important, if we only got a dozen or so it would be fun.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2007, 04:27:48 pm »

I am guessing that a Toyota Corolla isnt quite exotic enough to qualify for the parade, but wouldnt mind bumming a lift in something a bit flashier and coming along for the tour!!   Cool

F
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2007, 05:11:29 pm »

debs..

sound like fun.. count me in and we will chat at the weekend!

methinks this is the noshhouse for sat night http://www.doransbistro.co.uk/

Andy Grin

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2007, 05:34:17 pm »

When you see what I'll be in, Fran, your Corolla will be welcome! Grin  I'm sure my mate will let you have a ride in his Mondie if not.

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2007, 09:03:27 pm »

Dear Fran, you know my (t)rusty steed will be at your disposal if you feel the need at any time.

(now we need a smiley for a deep bow with arm swinging gallantly to the floor)

[Oh well please yerselves]

Wink

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2007, 09:37:16 pm »

Dear Fran, you know my (t)rusty steed will be at your disposal if you feel the need at any time.

(now we need a smiley for a deep bow with arm swinging gallantly to the floor)

[Oh well please yerselves]

Wink

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2007, 09:56:18 pm »

LOL - very nice!

F
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2007, 09:16:23 am »

Debs,

Count me in with the MGA, whether to St S or to your friendly cafe.   Personal preference is for a route without too much traffic - the dear old A's cooling system struggles enough at La Sarthe and if caught in a traffic jam becomes a masterclass in juggling the clutch, throttle and handbrake, to avoid having to come off the throttle entirely and stalling through fuel vaporisation, which then takes 10 minutes plus to re-start.

Bill - you are such a gentleman..........

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: