Club Arnage
October 07, 2024, 06:30:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic car meet-up on Friday 15th June  (Read 22475 times)
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 03:56:45 pm »

MG Mark,
I hope you're not insinuating that Purdu's and my cars are anything other than the way they left the factory (1958 in mine ones case).
Oh apart from the five speed box and telescopic shocks and bigger engine and bigger brakes and cd player oh!
The door handles would have been the same (except i don't have any). Wink

Of course not, as you are not with mine.  I think they're called  sympathetic period modifications Grin

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2006, 05:28:38 pm »

Anyway - back to the point - there must be enough CA old farts classic car enthusiasts who pitch up in something nice to sort out a suitable meeting point at some point somewhere there?   Thoughts?

MG Mark

The Commer, as mention ad nauseam, is now hibernating for the winter and would take unkindly to be stirred at this time of year. However, I'd certainly be up to meet for whatever flimsy excuse is coined.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
nickliv
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2006, 05:51:59 pm »

Anyway - back to the point - there must be enough CA old farts classic car enthusiasts who pitch up in something nice to sort out a suitable meeting point at some point somewhere there?   Thoughts?

MG Mark

The Commer, as mention ad nauseam, is now hibernating for the winter and would take unkindly to be stirred at this time of year. However, I'd certainly be up to meet for whatever flimsy excuse is coined.

Is it tucked up in the shed surrounded by straw and shredded ENRON accounts, like all other slow green things. Shouldn't it be called george?
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2006, 05:56:41 pm »

MG Mark

Andy,
MGMark meant at La Sarthe (I think).

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2006, 06:21:53 pm »

Oh.   Embarrassed

But I was expecting to see him there anyway.  Huh

garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2006, 06:25:22 pm »

Andy, I think he means getting all the vehicles and us together, that's why he said your commer could be the pace car Roll Eyes

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2006, 06:27:11 pm »

You mean for a club trip around the curcuit, official or otherwise? But surely I'll be completely drunk for the whole of that week?  Huh

garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2006, 07:16:31 pm »

Good point Andy.  You've found the weak spot in my cunning plan.

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2006, 11:01:27 pm »

Wrong Gary you at least have to stay sober enough to get the beer in, on the daily Carrefour run.

(Oh yes Gary, I saw Terry today it seems that he and David are coming back for more next year, I thought we'd quite worn him out last year!)

Mark, a BMC (and friends) meet would be OK can we get the ACO to give us an hoursworth at Eight o'clock on Saturday morning I wonder?  laugh

Or have Her Majesty's Tosspots given you another runway set yet?

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2006, 08:51:52 am »

You mean this sort of thing?
http://www.motoringadventures.com/index.html

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2006, 12:55:52 pm »

To allay any confusion, I was certainly not suggesting that the mighty Commer be disturbed from her winter hibernation - not at all, that would be tempting fate to a dangerous degree - but we do have a reasonable number of CAers with classic cars who take them to La Sarthe.   

The support race is for cars of "our era" but, as mere mortals and generally law-abiding citizens, we would not get near either the motoring adventure parade laps or the support race without serious incurring serious grief from les flics or the marshals. 

Consequently, I was suggesting that a jolly wheeze would be to fix up a time and place to meet during race week (say on the Thursday or Friday at late morning/lunchtime-ish) with our various steeds to enjoy a run out on the public section of the circuit led, at least in part, by the immortal Commer Grin.     

MG Mark   

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2006, 01:03:23 pm »

Alas Mark,
My trusty(ish) steed and I will be en route on Friday morning, so we would only be able to join you in spirit.
I could however, place one of my old number plates on Purdu's passenger seat, so that at least part of my car would be there.

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2006, 01:33:28 pm »

How about a trip out into the french country side to a point of interest on Friday morning and maybe reurning via St Saturnin - The Great British Welcome (and maybe Gary could meet up with us there).
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2006, 06:43:03 pm »

How about a trip out into the french country side to a point of interest on Friday morning and maybe returning via St Saturnin - The Great British Welcome (and maybe Gary could meet up with us there).

I could happily go for that, plus, it would give old slug-a-bed a reason to get his little foot down on the way down.

Wossay Gary, the Great British Welcome? I've been intending to get to that for years.

Cheesy

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2006, 06:50:37 pm »

How about a trip out into the french country side to a point of interest on Friday morning and maybe reurning via St Saturnin - The Great British Welcome (and maybe Gary could meet up with us there).
I've pm'd you.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: