Club Arnage
September 21, 2024, 11:30:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Zoning" of Maison Blanche, Bleu sud and nord...  (Read 91844 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2006, 12:11:33 pm »

Well, the booking number is the key then.  I'll use it next year.  Thanks for the tip.  Must put this in the guide....

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2006, 12:17:27 pm »

...... I'm loath to alter the number in case it pushes me off the list ......

I altered my 'standard' request for camping tickets 4 years ago with no apparent disagreeable effect.  I also modify my request for grandstand/general entry tickets almost every year to reflect the size of my party which varies between 8 and 12.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2006, 12:26:08 pm »

Well, the booking number is the key then.  I'll use it next year.  Thanks for the tip.  Must put this in the guide....

Looking at the allocation letter for '06, ie the one I got a year ago, the number is called 'Destinataire No.', whereas it was called 'Beneficiaire No' in previous years.   Presumably both can be translated to 'Customer Number'.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
wookie
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2006, 01:52:14 pm »

More of a "lurker" than a poster, this thread has forced me out of hibernaion. (Last post was to flog a spare MB ticket to Piglet last year!) Even If I get my MB alocation this year, I think the ACO will have finally pushed my group over the edge. We have been camping on MB since 1990, from back in the good old days when you could just turn up on the gate. With the increasing difficulty in getting camping passes (4-ish groups from different parts of the country/Europe turning up on different days) this zoning business may well be the final straw.  I just can't get my head around the logistics of it, let alone how the ACO is going to enforce it? Suddenly it doesn't seem like so much fun......
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2006, 01:59:46 pm »

I also got a reply from the ACO this morning as I have not yet received a letter.  These are apparently being sent out first to "regulars" and then in order of receipt of the booking request.  I have asked them how one goes about becoming a regular!

Just a guess: May be "regulars" are people with a customer number from previous bookings. I have the same customer numbers for some years already and I always put it on the booking form when ordering next year's tickets.
Ihave had an answer!  To become an "habitué" (regular) you need to have been booking for 15 years!  That is the key to the magic list.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2006, 02:03:21 pm »

Everyone has a customer number (or whatever you want to call it), I quote mine every year.

It's whether it's the "right" number I think that matters!

Edited to say: Hello Wookie - thanks for last years ticket, it was very much appreciated  Grin

« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 02:05:36 pm by Piglet » Logged
mwbennett
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2006, 02:07:16 pm »

Hmmm... I'm a "regular", but only since '99 when I bought my own tickets instead of going with a group.
Customer number is in the hi 9000's - so not that low a number!

It really did work in our favour about 5 years ago - I saw people here getting tickets - and I had not even had an invoice!
I called and asked what had happened - they said they must have lost the booking.  Shocked But they immediately sorted me out with the ACO grandstand seats I had always ordered, and the MB ticket as well!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2006, 02:12:35 pm »

I have never quoted mine but I see that in spite of that, it's always the same year on year.  So they do link things up then.

Tubs

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2006, 02:55:46 pm »

- but the section alongside the straight from the Porsche Curves is not "zoned"
I've read most of this thread and was intrigued to find a reason for the above. My guess is that this prime patch of Maison Blanche has been withdrawn from the campsite in order to service the ever increasing demand for corporate hospitality.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2006, 03:17:51 pm »

I think it may have more to do with the entance to the new expanded pit and paddocks but there's really nothing for it - I will go and look when I next am in town.

Or you could do it this weekend Tubs!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 03:19:52 pm by termietermite » Logged

DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2006, 03:23:12 pm »

....... I will go and look when I next am in town.

Take your camera with you please, Deb.  At least, confirm Rick/Paddy's interpretation of the zoning plan.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2006, 04:50:07 pm »

Can somebody who has received a letter confirm what's precisely in there?
I just got off the phone from the ticket office, and they told me they're "just about to start allocating, and we should hear from them in about one- to two months time".

Has anybody got a definite confirmation about their location yet? In that case the woman is just telling fairytails....

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2006, 04:54:47 pm »

voila.. copy of letter and also email received

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We acknowledge receipt of your request for reservations for the 2007 “24 Heures du Mans”.

As we are not in a position to process the bookings at the moment, we are therefore unable to confirm your reservation which will be registered by arrival date at the end of the year. The reception of an invoice within a few months will validate your booking.

In order to satisfy a maximum number of members, the allotment of seats in the ACO Grandstand for 2007 and the following years will be as follows:
- 2 seats per card for the « Etoile », « Sécuriclub » and « Club 24 » formulae;
- 1 seat per card for all other formulae;
- For the General Enclosures, there is no change in the advantages concerning the number of tickets.

We hope this will be helpful.

Yours faithfully,

The Booking Office

and the email

Everything is OK. Your collegues have just received a letter to inform we well received their booking. It's not the allocation letter as we haven't started to record the booking. We sent you the letter but it probably not arrived (could you please check the address in case it's not the good one). You should receive your allocation letter in January or February.

So we will have to wait longer Angry Angry Angry

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2006, 05:15:20 pm »

Thanks for that, Fagey!

I'm completely confused now.
Is it so that the people from the 'magic list' have already received their allocation (and have a choice for ABCDE), and the rest have to wait untill Jan/Feb?

I got my letter - can't work put whether the Golden Triangle is in B or C though. I am thinking it's B where the shaded block is but would like a 2nd opinion.

At least my MB tickets seems secure for another year though...  Smiley

Why the difference in letters between smokie and Fagey? Huh

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 07, 2006, 05:21:17 pm »

god knows!! Huh I'm totally fuddled Roll Eyes but will take what I am allocated then see what I can do.. half full glass..not half empty Grin

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: